For a 1080p gaming system built around a 1070, should I go with an i5 or an i7?

For a 1080p gaming system built around a 1070, should I go with an i5 or an i7?

Also, is 8 gigs still the sweet spot for ram, or should I spend 20 additional American dollars and get 16?

>paying that much for a gpu for 1080p

overkill just get an i3

>1080p
>1070

>considering an i7

Jesus christ

Get 16GB RAM, get a RX480 and an i5, and an SSD

I swore off AMD years ago because of drivers.

>1080p gaming
>1070
>i5 or an i7?
For what purpose.

i5 and wait for the 1060.

I'm doing 1080 gaming on a Gt430 and a 3.3ghz Pentium G with 8gb of ddr3

A 1070 is overkill

Always get the best you can afford. Get an i7.

There's nothing wrong gonig with a 1070 for 1080p. Maybe people prefer graphics and detail over 20% resolution increase (not talking about 4k). A 1070 for full hd would keep you on ultra details for a long time.

It's overkill. You can't futureproof computers.

And? Atleast you don't have to buy a new gpu every 4 years just to keep the settings at medium on 4k 60fps

You are literally retarded for calling that "gamning", you're pajeeting at 15fps on lowest settings possible.

Even a 970 will choke on some games's cock with 1080p all maxed (including aa) and drop below 60 which is unacceptable shit. And take your pajeet radeon back to whatever shithole you climbed out of and wait for some playable drivers.

If you ain't gonna do heavy rendering go with highest clocked cpu you can, don't worry about the i5/7 shit. And I'm fixin to slap you for even considering cucking yourself to 8gb ram when only 20 freedombucks can get you the future proofing of 16gb.

i3s are for laptops, not videogames.

Future proofing is dumb, especially when your products performance is wasted for several.

Like say you buy a card for 400 bucks and that card lasts you four years why not just get a 200 dollar card that lasts you two years will upgrade to another 200 dollar card after that? Chances are you'll probably b sitting on a card that way more powerful that the original 400 dollar card by then.

>he actually fell for the bad amd drivers meme
>it has been less than a year since nvidia drivers destroyed old cards
I guess if you really don't care about value the 1070 is the best option

> get a hot and slow gpu
pajeet pls

I too think 8gb is the sweet spot right now, but since you're doing a fresh build around recent parts id go with 16gb.

Remember to get a SSD boot drive.

That picture shows how fake the moon landing was. How could the flag be blowing around like that? There's no atmosphere or wind on the moon.

For 1080p the 480 is overkill
It's hot because the cooler is literally a piece of aluminium.
Nvidia needs vapour chamber bullshit to keep its cards below 90C

I too buy nvidia cards

There was a metal part on the top.

If you're trying to build an eternal 1080p machine, better get an i7, unless you're prepared to buy a used i7 to replace your i5 at some point. Even consoles use eight threads.

Don't forget that Zen will have an effect on Intels pricing, and if quad core with simultaneous multithreading really is the weakest Zen configuration, an i5 will seem ancient.

Regarding the RAM, just get the 16GB DDR4 kit. It's cheap, and you apparently have money to burn.

He wants his epeen to swell

1070 isn't a bad value if you get one for less than 400USD.

>1070
>1080 fucking p
You moron. I bet you have a 60Hz monitor too. Fuck. Get a RX470 and save $300.

Since gravity is very low, the flag was just sitting there, frozen.