Excel Shill Thread

Can any one even?
What things do you use it for?

do you even have a job?

Why do you hate Italy

Now i do.

Might be a small thing, but I use it to find resonant frequencies of some beams.

When I was 10 I used it to plot my Pokemon's stats. Nothing since.

I use it to calculate efficient training methods in runescape

Not excel though, fuck that I use Google sheets

WoW stat and equip simulation spreadsheets

>doing distinction tasks without having finished all of pass and merit

You know it baby...

Also my teachers marked those as finished even though I didn't hand them in

A few things:
Track all my grades and assignments for class
Track all money owed to me
In combination with a bunch of script I made to scrap the site, I use it to track local okcupid profiles

I actually think Excel is the highest quality software I've ever used minus small programs.

>Track all money owed to me
What are you, a fucking drug dealer?

No, just friends, parents, and companies over things like food, utilities, rebate, insurance, etc.
If I didn't keep track of it all, I'm sure I would lose thousands.

Why are you lending thousands in the first place? Don't be a punching bag dude.

I use it at work all day, I'm a business analyst.

Excel on OSX is fucking painful, it's made by a completely different team to the windows one. 2016 was horrifying when it came out

Excel is actually breddy good though. Data scientists shit on it because muh pandas and muh R, but that's only useful for huge datasets in my experience. Excel is the business for quick and dirty jobs with data, when you git gud you move ridiculously fast too, it's how excel should be uses.

I'm definitely not banker level (e.g. I still use a mouse, even though people always say you should never need to leave your keyboard) but I'm breddy good.

Never learned VBA though, anything that requires automation is just as easy through python imo

I was completely fucked during my one. I barely scraped the pass. But IT a shit anyway. No programming

>In combination with a bunch of script I made to scrap the site, I use it to track local okcupid profiles

>Wonders why he isn't getting laid

Yeah I know man complete shit. I've been lurking the threads here to see if anyone has any decent information regarding coding camps and stuff like that but the way I see it University is top of my list when it comes to prioritizing.

Cause like literally sitting here typing out shit like this is gonna help me with IT in the future ..

It is actually depressing.

I've landed myself a comfy apprenticeship
It means a couple more years of college but on well

What is the use of money if I can't help my friends? I have a few close ones and I trust them to pay me back (they always do). Always, it's not straight loans. It's like they need an extra week to pay utilities, or we buy food as a group and then they pay me the split cost later, or I buy groceries. Other instances are when companies have rebates, or the doctor/dentist charge too much for a visit when insurance covered more than expected, etc. A little here and a little there adds up.

hey can you send me some money to my paypal I will pay you back in 2 weeks tops: [email protected]

I use it to track revenue and expenses at facilities my company serves and make future revenue projections for potential facilities. Really just glorified arithmetic, my whole department is horribly overpaid.

Sure. Oh wait, I don't have a decade long friendship and trust with you.

We might

budget, weigh my desires by costs and importance, calorie/fitness tracker, record of artists I do/don't like.

for games it was dps calculators, scorecards, breakdown of points, video encoding efficiency, frametimes.
>haven't played a game in 2 weeks, saved ~$1.50

This never leaving your keyboard is a meme.

I usually have dozens of spreadhseets open in 4 different screens with lots of tabs in each and navigating through them without a mouse would be hell

I like what you are doing there. I'm considering on doing something similar after seeing it as I have similar daily goals but have no success rate record.

I wish I was on your level. Having accurate records and information about costs is neat.

I use spreadsheets mostly for keeping track of business expenses for tax reasons and as an export format for relational data when I need to pass it to others.

Can you send me your assignments...I'm doing the exact same thing as you

Underage summerfags

Helppp me someone, I have no motivation to do such boring work

NO PAIN NO GAINZ

When I'm too lazy to write a matlab script I just calculate stats with it. Has all the statistical functions/quantiles you'll ever need.

Read the freaking manual
Seriously, that how people mistake me for some tech guru.

Someone has Excel problem, can't solve it. "let me sleep on it", go home read manual about specific function related to goal, come back with keyboard macro that automates 80% of their work, look like hero.

That said I have since encountered a few more dynamic and complex problems were a database approach is needed beyond what Excel can do, remember Microsoft had a thing for that kind of stuff in their Office suit, but never needed it badly enough to pay the arm and a leg for it, forgot name. Excel covers most things very well if you know how it works, but really it far better to just build your own code for some things which is basically what I have done in excel a few times.

This one time I made several workbooks full of big complex equations and cross plugged the cells to make a 3D matrix of equations that plugged into other equations under conditional inputs and values. It was two weeks of madness, but it gave decent melting point calculations based on elements strictly using the atomic vibration model values without empirical adjustments, only off by 7 degrees C in some case which was very impressive considering how little input was needed to make it work. Looking back a basic code program like matlab could have done the same thing in a few days, but I work with the tools I got.

try-hard