Debian or Ubuntu?

Debian or Ubuntu?

ARCH

gentoo GNU+Linux

Debian, it's far more stable.

Ubuntu. Debian's installer is shit and Unity is the best DE.

>giving in to the amazon botnet
Ubuntu is complete fucking garbage for that reason alone.

Decide on your own. Do you really want to be like one of these retards?

Welcome to 2016 fa/g/got. Ubuntu hasn't had amazon-search enabled since the release of 16.04. Even in previous versions, it was literally 3 clicks to disable it.

Debian if your political views are right, ubuntu if more left. OpenSUSE if pro-european centrist.

Fedora!

>Even in previous versions, it was literally 3 clicks to disable it
That is 3 clicks too many

Its going to take way more than 3 clicks to set debian to work as well as ubuntu out of the box.

Everytime some recs Fedora I don't know if it is a thinly veiled meme or if it actually has any benefits. Probably should read up on it.

Fedora is a meme forsure

If you love ease of accessibility so much why don't you install Windows 10 you fucking drone? Linux isn't for you clearly.

Really? Why even mention Windows 10 in a Linux thread. There are a million and one reasons not to use Windows.

You are so stuck on this idea that Linux needs to be hard to use to prove your manhood...

>Linus uses fedora
It's funny because it's true

I suppose if all you really do is answer email all day then Fedora will do.

It just works guys!

Debian. Google bunsen labs. You're welcome

4/10 b8 m8

>jvm performance engineer

i wtf'd at that too. Should've posted.

Fedora is in the same level as any other mainstream distros, but using that as an example ?

jesus christ.

it's based on stable or testing ?

>You are so stuck on this idea that Linux needs to be hard to use to prove your manhood...
stop arguing on Sup Forums and let em kids pray to arch and gentoo gods, m9.
I agree that ubuntu is the most user friendly linux distro though. I really like it.

Mint or Elementary are the only options unless you have the time to use Arch

both are fuckin outdated though.
ubuntu, xubuntu, kubuntu, lubuntu or ubuntu mate are the only ways to go if you don't want any struggle.

I'm thinking of getting Lubuntu.

lmao

After using ubuntu xubuntu, and lubuntu as a primary os on my laptop for at least a week each, lubuntu is my favorite. Elementary seems quite nice, but I've only tested it for an hour on virtual machine.

Arch user here with a Gentoo server. I use them since they're the best for MY use case. However, I'll recommend Ubuntu all day to anyone that doesn't have a SPECIFIC use case for those distros... unless of course they install them in a virtual machine for shits and giggles

Both debian and ubuntu are great

If you're a babby just stick with Ubuntu

Mint

debunktu

enjoy your lack of menu icons without chopping unity up retards.

I assume you're new here, so go for Ubuntu 16.04, but try a flavor like Xubuntu or Kubuntu. If you're not new here, then just go for Debian.

>you don't want any struggle
>you don't want to put any effort
fixed

>Unity is the best DE.

It's a minor upgrade from GNOME 3, which is basically a wallpaper that takes 500 mb of RAM.

>Using developed, released software should require effort.

>"It's not old it's stable!"
Debian users will defend this. Ubuntu is just fine. If you want to disable amazin botnet download the 4 other ubuntu distros without unity. Also
>Arch
>Gentoo

I know Debian stable is like a million years out-of-date. But what about Debian testing? Isn't it more up-to-date?

No. Seriously. Arch.

Lubuntu represent! Pretty soon it's going to be using LXQT, pretty exciting. Also, make sure to uninstall Abiword, that's bugged to hell right now, and could be dangerous if you're epileptic. Other than that it works great. Lightning fast. In fact my old laptop now boots up a few seconds faster than my current desktop. Radical, man.

Fedora

>Debian or Ubuntu
Debuntu

>Mint
Backdoor
>Elementary
Cheap OSX clone
>Arch
X.Org broke again

Debian testing is about as cutting-edge as you'll get outside bleeding-edge rolling-release stuff like Debian unstable or Arch/Gentoo. Unstable/Sid is literally testing but with a week or two less worth of testing per package, so I suggest using it instead if you really want new stuff.

Debian any day.

Based Ubuntu Unity

Debian net install and build my DE from there.

They are same fucking thing just with different bloatware.