The Chinese have gotten into the Antivirus business

The Chinese have gotten into the Antivirus business.

uk.pcmag.com/360-internet-security-2013/4692/review/qihoo-360-total-security-essential-86

*botnet business

Fixed it senpai

>China
>Antivirus
Choose one

The Chinese have been there for quite a while and have a strong domestic market presence

All the big players like Baidu and tencent and even much smaller ones have antivirus solutions

AVs are basically rootkits anyway, I don't see what makes this more untrustworthy than what's already available.

MSE + malwarebytes is the only AV you need.

Lack of responsibility and checks/balance system.

If a US company fucks up, they'll get sued and taken to court. If the Chinese fucks up, you're fucked.

In 2010, 360 Safeguard analyzed the QQ protocol and accused QQ of automatically scanning users' computers and of uploading their personal information to QQ's servers without users' consent. In response, Tencent called 360 itself malware and denied users with 360 installed access to some QQ services. The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information reprimanded both companies for "improper competition" and ordered them to come to an accord.[2]

You can't chink a chink without getting chinked.

Except that's not what happens, you agree to a TOS when you use their software. You agree that whatever happens you cannot sue the company. I have never seen an American AV company held accountable for anything.

and malwarebytes anti-exploit

American AV companies haven't stole credit cards, personal information, etc.

A Chinese company could do that.

this thing is not new

Trusting chink software ever.

>QQ

Literally cucked

Install Red Flag.

>Facebook login

>2016
>Trusting People's Liberation Army of People's Republic of China to secure your machine

Good chicken! Fox is bestest guarantor of safety

Common Sense master race reporting in. Enjoy your botnet.

Fuck disabling mse was so hard. Apparatly there is no group policy editor in Windows home, so I had to do some weird hacks and downloads to get it to appear. Then when I finally made group policy editor work, it was bugged and mse didn't appear in the list to disable it.

I finally resorted to going to C:/Program Files/Windows Defender/, taking ownership of it, then removing all permissions so it couldn't be opened, read, but edited, or ran.

Fuck mse.

>just now finding this

been using them for over a year

the only complaint av-test.org could muster up is trying to say that the bitdefender and avira engines which are supplised but optional arent in by default so its not as "safe"

once you add them in whic his a click of the button its better than any paid shit

>chinese antivirus
isn't that an oxymoron