Why is Windows 7 so light weight? I'm sitting here on a Core 2 Duo T7300 that's throttled to 800mhz...

Why is Windows 7 so light weight? I'm sitting here on a Core 2 Duo T7300 that's throttled to 800mhz, with a 7200RPM 500GB hard drive, and it's still snappy af.

Why is Puppy Linux so light weight? I'm sitting here on a 233MHZ processor, with 128MB RAM, no hard drive, and it's still snappy af.

The difference is that Windows 7 is usable, unlike Puppy Linux.

>Use decade old operating system
>WOW GUYS WHY IS THIS OS SO SNAPPY ON HARDWARE FROM THE YEAR IT WAS RELEASED?

You should clean your case and fans anyway.

Just wait a month or two...

>making a shit thread

This computer ran Vista when I got it.
Huh?

>This computer ran Vista when I got it.

>HEY GUYS LOOK HOW SNAPPY WINDOWS 7 IS COMPARED TO VISTA
You must be 18 or over to post here.

>purchased a computer in 2007
>underage
You must be able to do basic arithmetic to post here.

>my daddy didn't buy me a gaming computer i bought it with my own pocket money

You go champ

What are you talking about? Are you projecting your angst onto me because I made fun of your meme? Come on, figure your life out.

Have you used it? Can you explain why it is unusable?

Have you applied many updates?

Win 7 when tweaked properly is pretty responsive, but Debian with XFCE has it beat.

Windows 8 can be pretty good too under the right settings.

>Have you applied many updates?
He can't, it's unlicensed. What is it about the updates that fucks up the performance so badly, though?

Would you choose performance or security?

That depends, but still what is it? Security updates can't be that demanding, they shouldn't really change anything.

I couldn't tell you exactly, but Windows 7 with a full set of updates will be noticeably slower on the same hardware compared to a fresh OEM install.

Because it's the best PC OS ever made :3

both vista and 8 are faster.

false

Vista is basically win7

I'd reinstall Vista if I could, desu. But the software I need doesn't support it.

Hm. 99% of software that supports 7 also supports vista, but i've seen some specimen which don't work

Not false, well known fact. You can look it up yourself.

I need Ableton in particular. I don't feel like searching for the last version of Live 9 that supports Vista since I had enough troubling finding a decent torrent for the latest.

but its not.. win2000 is

>using Windows 2000 in the next decade

Well, on my PC I get the same results. It's not the first time I hear this complaint though..