My 1st gen moto G died for no reason

>the screen is dark and the notification led ON
>be able to make it to fastboot
>select normal powerup
>nothing, screen still dark and the white led still ON
>try fastboot again
>nothing

Yeah nah, fuck off mate.

i bought an asus zenfone 2 laser recently and i'm satisfied with it. newest android, removable battery, sdcard slot, decent ram and cpu

i read somewhere online these phones like to die for no fucking reason at all

Reflash.
>Not moto x 2014

I can't turn it on mah man.

Not even fastboot.

>not having a Superior Moto X 2014

Search for mbm ci 5.1 thread on xda. Probably your bootloader got corrupt. Good thing you this can be finally fixed since last month

Shit, either i'm too fucking retarded to use the search function or their new website sucks monkey dicks. I was only able to find stuff about 5.0, not 5.1.

I blame material design. You can have good devices with shit design. Switched to 4.4 to iPhone with no regrets

What happened to Motorola?
I still have my Moto G second gen after a couple years. I still get 4-5 hours of screen on time too, I was hoping my next phone would be a Moto.

Yeah, it'll work anyway. It's the only way to unbrick if you got hardbricked on lollipop

OK, but i was running kitkat i think.

Did you downgrade?

Nope, never updated.

Shame motorola fell for the 5" screen meme.

Use the 4.4 one then if you're sure. In case it just won't flash if you got the wrong mbm to blankflash

I've owned 3 Moto X devices, loved each of them, kinda wish I still had one at this moment to be honest. Fantastic rock solid devices, and while not everyone used the touchless control I found it very useful in many situations.

Just awesome hardware with a nice fast version of Android - KitKat just fucking rules for me, the newer versions are just PlaySkool graphics bullshit.

"She's a beauty... one in a million..."

OK, thanks for the help

dunno my dudes, my n6 is pretty much goat-tier

>isn't comfy 4.7"

Lenovo happened

Just got a Verizon LG G2 practically brand new in the box, all original accessories, even a brand new spare battery that I'll be putting in to replace the original one, $50 cash in the hand. Going to install CloudyG2 2.2 on it (KitKat based) and set it up with T-Mobile's $30/month plan.

Get a share of stock and free shit on Tuesdays too. Already got a nice wireless charging dock for it too (the Verizon model was the only G2 that supported wireless charging natively).

I miss the Moto X I really do, but I'll live.

I'm using the Moto X Play 2015 right now and love it

>a disgusting face and no curves
yep. that's definitely chinese

Nexus is shit tier? OK buddy.

That was the nail in the coffin for the moto x line.
>comically large display
>lcd instead of oled
>giant bezels

It just began, fully featured chink phones for $150-200. Why buy anything else?

Not after you see the g2s battery life, performance, and camera quality (compared to the Moto x 2014 that is). I recommend cm13 though. A dev did port the stock g2 camera to be using used on non stock roms.

This will be the 3rd G2 I've owned, and the Moto X has nothing on it for me. CloudyG2 2.2 is nearly perfect, the battery life is way way longer than the Moto X (any generation) is capable of, especially once I tweak out the Dorimanx kernel I'll be having 8+ hours of SOT, and don't even start on the camera:

The G2's 13 Megapixel OIS camera can use Mi2Raw for taking pure raw image sensor data for vastly superior image quality, one of those things that makes the G2 so fucking awesome. Here's a gallery of Mi2Raw shots, most of them taken on the G2:

flickr.com/photos/32133048@N08/sets/72157646229886772/

>Last great android is 3 years old

But the Sony Xperia Z5 is only a year old

>not having a Superior Moto X 2014
>believing that the inferior piece of shit that followed 2013 model is actually any good.

I know the feeling. Moto G was the best Android phone I've ever had, but the specs kinda sucked, and now they're all giant screen sizes. Waiting to see what the Moto E 2016 will look like and will probably jump on that.

can anyone recommend a moto g (2014) rom?

I also want to overclock it a bit but it seems like the SoC (snapdragon 400) is locked, which is a real shame.

My 2013 is still going strong except the battery is starting to really suck now. No phones that are out now really grab my interest and I'm pretty sure the next phone cycle is going to be more of the same. Oh well, at least I can still use my phone with one hand.

maybe its not battery but bloated android and appshits.

Nexus 6 is only 2 years old though.

Sony is fucking ded m8. Send my Z1 compact in for repair because water got inside and got a z3 compact back. it feels like shit in my hand and the Sim flap won't even close.

I miss my Z1

Kek

Nexus has been shit tier since the Nexus 5 m8

Why do phones suck so hard now? It's all giant phablets n shit.

>want to repair z3
>"well we don't care about repairing phones anymore
>tough shit user!"
main reason why I'm not buying a sony no more. you have some super-extended warranty or something?

Android in general.
Previously when you got a text, the message world be briefly displayed on the notification bar, and you could swipe down on it to reply.
Then all such notification bar features were removed, making the notification bar only useful for icons and clock.
And then the feature was added back, expect this time it spawns a card that conveniently covers every single useful ui element of every single app. Because that's what iphones do too.

It's over.
It's fucking over.
There are no good mobile phone operating systems left.
Fuck Google.

Posted from my remotely crippled n5.
Apparently you can no longer insert spaces on Google keyboard by swiping.
Oh, verification expired. Why am I not using quick reply with legacy captcha?
Fuck Google.

I cannot find a suitable upgrade from my Nexus 4. This is stupid.

Still rocking my old Moto G 2013

So do I. The only problem with it is the camera quality.

What is a good ROM for Moto X 2013?

that is not a zenfone 2

Are these phones really that great? I know absolutely no one who owns a motorola, not ever since everything became touchscreen oriented.

I am getting iphone.
Android hardware got shit tier.
Buying chink phones and flashing with cm13 is just pure struggle, lads.

Moto did a pretty good job lightly adding to android in areas it was weak and living the good shit untouched, even conceding prior features to stock once they became an option in stock.

The main problem is Motorola's warranty support is fucking horrible.

When will they release the moto g 2016?

Never.

Nexus 5 is only two years old though isn't it? Get an LG G4 or whatever else LG offers now. Removable battery and storage, good price, looks fucking great, one of the best cameras on the market right now.

Alternatively consider the Z5 compact. Apparently they can be bought state side again and really captures that compact smart phone design of 4 years ago imo. Also water resistant which is nice.

Galaxy S7

>Moto G
>good

Fucking worst Sup Forums meme ever. I fell for it.

Shit battery life, small ass screen, fucking terrible camera, and laggy as fuck (1GB ram on android is a mistake.) Lollipop is terrible.

0/10 next time I'll pay $50 extra for a phone that isn't a piece of shit.

Me too. I'd like give a try to paranoid android tho, my battery life is starting to geting worse.
Also I'm glad that now I have a basic iso control in camera

>tfw I had a moto g lte for 2 years

Laggy piece of garbage.

Upgraded to Redmi Note 3 Pro and couldn't be happier. Finally I can type properly on a full-size screen instead of that tiny keyboard

Nexus 6 is actually the reason I moved back to iOS.

>nexus is now shit-tier

just because its old doesnt mean its shit

>tfw fixing this would be more for what they would sell for
>tfw swappable only has a few of these for Verizon in 'good' condition
Any one know where I can get one in decent shape besides swappa

Aren't the nexus 6p and 5x great?

I was planning on getting the 5x in a few months to get rid of this droid turbo that I'm not really liking since I don't get any support from Motorola or Verizon. It has pretty bad screen burn in too now

Are you serious right now? A digitizer costs $20 at most.

Are we just going to ignore the 5x?
Possibly the best mid-tier android available.

Yes.

Come on, man. My luddite sister and her biologist boyfriend fixed theirs with a replacement from Amazon in 30 minutes. If you can't, buy an iPhone.

>muh no sd slot
>muh hands too small for the 6P
>the 5X is so shit
>muh chink shit general has found me a chinese spyware phone for $89, how can you pass this up

When it comes to android, don't listen to Sup Forums.

The Moto G was the worst Sup Forums meme I ever fell for.

Funny, I have a Nexus 6 and a 5X and they are both better than any Motorola phone I've owned. Well, save for a StarTAC maybe.