Why are so many programmers, system administrators, security experts, IT personnel...

why are so many programmers, system administrators, security experts, IT personnel, and basically anyone who works with computers so arrogant and condescending?

they act like they know everything all the time and that everything is effortless for them and therefore should be for everyone else as well, never owning up to or admitting their mistakes, acting like everything is "no big deal" when it is their fault, but yet acting like the sky is falling when it's someone else's
yet at the same time this same group of people is susceptible to Dunning-Kruger's like a motherfuck

why are some programmers, especially those with CS degrees who work for the botnet, completely without morals? they willingly work hard on technology which will hurt more people than it will help, favoring the rich over the poor, the haves over the have-nots (consider the daily routines of the developers of xkeyscore, driverless cars, WASM)

why are the programmers *with* morals (GNU, et. al) so grossly incompetent?
their documentation is entirely incomprehensible: poorly formatted with ALL CAPS SECTIONS, poor use of whitespace, poorly worded, long winded (like this shitpost haha amirite) meandering man pages, readmes, licenses, so-on and so forth which are hard to scan through quickly, which is the often the use-case:
no one reads technical documentation for leisure
their software often suffers the same sort of problem (see gist.github.com/pete/665971), in addition to security holes (see OpenSSL (heartbleed), bash (shellshock)), vaporware (see GNU Hurd, wayland), inefficient, poor software design (see svn)

what is human nature? why is it so shit? is everyone completely delusional and lacking in self-awareness? why are we working against each other instead of for? why does closed-source software exist? why does C++? How come every time I want to learn about game design do they start by telling me about memory management and pointers and linear algebra? how does that have anything to do

Because CS is such an overinflated field, that you have to make yourself look like an all-knowing god and make others like bumbling morons to have even a slight chance of making it

>How come every time I want to learn about game design do they start by telling me about memory management and pointers and linear algebra? how does that have anything to do
So this is what it boils down to?

lol

what is wrong with ALL CAPS SECTIONS?

>How come every time I want to learn about game design do they start by telling me about memory management and pointers and linear algebra? how does that have anything to do

Just use GameMaker and stfu

FYI the code quality of the immoral programmers isn't any higher. You just can't see how bad it is because they hide behind copyright law and corporate secrecy.

The truth is that things suck. People suck. People write bad code which has to be fixed, and the fix needs to be fixed with a chain of 12 more fixes.

lookup the curse of knowledge

as for the not owning up to mistakes part, I imagine you're actually just mad at one guy

>no one reads technical documentation for leisure
I used to read man pages for fun in high school on the macbooks

>why does closed-source software exist?
I'm wondering the same. I'm all too familiar with the stories of how free software used to be the norm, but I haven't actually heard where it went downhill, just that it going downhill lead to the creation of the FSF

Because.......

no offense to any of yall but what the fuck is wrong with you? Money = Happiness and Your own happiness > any dumb morals. I'd do anything for a certain price. If you go and get into debt to get a degree it's as an investment so that you can pay it off and go on to make more money than you possibly could've made before that. So obviously niggas with cs degrees are gonna work on whatever bullshit

>why does closed-source software exist?
You know what happens when you make something open source and ask money for it? Someone just forks it, renames it, and offers a download link to the binary.
Software requires work, but work requires energy, and if you can't transform the work you put in, into a future source of energy like food, you can't work.
But really, the only reason I don't release software under a free license anymore is because I can't stand the thought of shitheads like you, that don't understand this very tired fucking argument at all, might get more out of it than the crumbs I chose to feed you.

The poor kid just wants to make his geames

mey han,

toby fox made Undertale in gamemaker without knowing anything about computer and.

fuck it. I'm believe in u

autism

Honestly?
It's because after working hour after hour developing code for idiots or fixing up their computers or remaking their whole network infrastructure everyone that goes with the process of testing the code are testing the network with them are complete and utter assholes.

To exemplify imagine I just rewired and reconfigured an entire building's network system and gave 2 weeks notice that there would be sectioned downtime for every part of the building, but people would still come annoy you while you're passing 3 tons of cables between crawlspaces asking you whatever the hell is wrong with the network.
Imagine them being condescending assholes to you even after proper justification was given to them with sufficient time for them to understand the concept that we're going to have to Task A B C before getting the whole service back up?
Imagine them trying to act entitled to everything they want but not listening to you , not doing jack shit to speed up the process and even sabotaging you work! Just to get your attention.

The same goes for people who are trying to learn how to program, how to mess with hardware and how to even fucking make a simple thing as an Ethernet cable work without having a basic understanding of the process it takes to get there?

TL;DR Human nature is shit because everyone is educated to React to stimuli and not to analise stimuli in order to learn.

This. It's marketing and it happens in every field. Also, incompetence is part of the bell curve and it happens in every field. The genuinely talented CAN look down on others and frequently do (mostly for good reasons).

i will analise your stimuli with my learnings

Memory management & pointers are a necessary evil in game development because a computer doesn't have infinite memory, therefore you have to make sure you clean up after yourself; and because most garbage collected languages aren't fast enough to build a decently-running game in. The time they take to look at all the memory and clean up they used makes games stutter.

You won't need linear algebra unless you want to work on the rendering/physics engine. If you do, you do need to study it because linear algebra is the most apt way to describe physics and graphics to computers.

Most programmers / computer people have a "do it yourself, I don't want your help, I'll fix it myself" attitude.

>game design
>memory management
>linear algebra
>how does that have anything to do?
Fuck off and kill yourself.

>Why live.