What are your thoughts on Chromebooks?

What are your thoughts on Chromebooks?

Do you use or have one?

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.googleblog.com/2016/05/the-google-play-store-coming-to.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're dogshit, I wouldn't use one even if given to me for free. Basically just a botnet laptop with a mobile OS somehow worse than android.

Working in IT for my college I have learned one thing. Chrome book users are even more retarded than the MacBook users.

>botnet laptop
what laptop OS isn't a botnet

I have a rMBP 2015 13.3", maxed out XPS 13 2016 edition, and a Toshiba chromebook. I use the chromebook in bed because the battery is forever, it never gets hot, and it never hiccups in speed because its such a simple little device.

If I travel, I take it with me because if its lost or stolen its not a boohoo and its so simple I'm basically guaranteed to not have to deal with hokey crap on the road.

Toshiba Chromebook 2

It has good battery life, okay keyboard and a nice screen. Probably one of the GOAT shitposting devices.

Wish I had a pixel and put Linux on it. Purely for that 3:2

Good if all you want to do is get online and use google services, but not a realistic daily use laptop yet. No ability to d/l software aside from extensions, no DVD/Bluray support, minimal physical storage, etc.

Aren't Windows 10 laptops now the same price?

the ones you can run full Linux on are cute af although the keyboard layout is retarded and they have the internal memory of an iPhone

They're amazing if you're

A) Poor
B) Linux savvy and you upgrade the internal ssd and switch to linux full-time. (it becomes a super powerful linux laptop for barely any money )
C) computer inept (like the elderly/ people who refuse to learn basic computer principles )

macOS

>no DVD/Bluray support
>Important

They're cool. Wait for them to get Play Store support unless you're buying the cheap linux machine.

I'd be more interested if there were models with Home/PageUp/PageDn/End keys.

And maybe removable batteries.

>No ability to d/l software aside from extensions
Android app support is coming.

chrome.googleblog.com/2016/05/the-google-play-store-coming-to.html

>macOS
>botnet
you pick two and exactly two.

>Windows 10
>Laptop
dropped

Good luck with that 2 hour battery life and that shit performance ~6 months from buying it. If you're gonna get a cheap Windows laptop, just get a chromebook.

Netbooks you mean? Yes, but what are you going to do with a Win10 install raping your resources? Pic related are similar, in fact the asus netbook is like 220€ and the acer chromebook is 300€. The chromebook has 4gb of ram and is 2-in-1.

Which one would you prefer?

This

Pixel for a reasonable price?

Don't like the concept. I'd rather get a netbook with a full OS than purposefully buy into limitations with convenience.

My mom has a Samsung Chromebook and she loves it because it's easy and always ready. Also it doesn't get all bloated with time like Windows does.
It's great for non experienced users.
Otherwise it's pretty useless.

My school lets you sign them out of the library. We have a bunch of Samsung ones and they're all so fucking broken. Good OS though, I have to say.