Why is windows closed source?

Why is windows closed source?

Other urls found in this thread:

codepremium.msdn.microsoft.com/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-06-14/u-s-agencies-said-to-swap-data-with-thousands-of-firms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's shared-source

Because it's a professional product.

But plenty of professional products are open source.

Name five

Why is your mom open sores?

codepremium.msdn.microsoft.com/

Linux
GIMP
LibreOffice
Thunderbird
Firefox

Rekkt

OMFG

Only two of those are used professionally.

Which ones?

>Linux
>LibreOffice
>Thunderbird
>Firefox

>implying gimp isn't used professionally

But it isn't. Proprietary software isn't "professional" it's unethical and harmful. Asking someone to install proprietary software such as windows is equivalent to punching them in the face.

>implying thunderbird is good
what is office?

I'm not dismissing the possibility, but I've never seen it outside the freetards-editing-images context.

Windows is open source if you work for the NSA or IDF.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-06-14/u-s-agencies-said-to-swap-data-with-thousands-of-firms

go be neet somewhere else, faggit

Do you even know what thunderbird is?

I do. I acctually meant outlook and not the whole office suite, but that was obvious I guess

>GIMP
kek

botnet

Everybody on Sup Forums shills GNU/linux and other open source OSes simply because they're open source. I highly doubt anybody on Sup Forums has read the GNU/linux source, much less understands it. (Although i'm aware linux is one of the most heavily audited software projects in existence)

No, not really. If some cumskin came up to me and said "Office is a replacement for thunderbird" or "Thunderbird is a replacement for office", I'd do my best to not laugh, but lets be honest...

555-comeonnow.png

That's shared-source and even some big customers university's have access.

Actually, I've read the entire thing, modified it to work on many embedded devices, and I'm currently creating my own fork of stallman's GNU compiler, just for the education behind it.
>in before nignog hands/any other black jokes.

Also I can't rotate pics in paint, obviously...

>expecting freetards to use logic
You have to say exactly what you mean, they're incapable of thought.

>still learning trig identities
I'm sure you have buddy

Lol, I'm not learning anything about trig, I have children.

>Any of those
>Professional

Apex kek

Because microsoft's programmers would be very embarrassed if anyone saw their "work", and they would most certainly be devastated and out of a job because random hobos could improve on that trash

It's not exactly a top notch OS with algorithms worth keeping a secret, and the copy protection sucks, so why the fuck else?

>I'm a freetard for not knowing exactly what he meant

Install Windows, faggot.

So people don't steal the product, dummy. Also, so people don't realize how spaghetti the codebase is. Also also, .

You can't hide your massive botnet and data-mining code in open source for long without it being discovered.

What does learning trig have to do with understanding and porting the GNU compiler? Im curious because Ive read it too and never took a trig class and I understood it completely.

This has to be part of the rationale. Didn't some articles appear last year by some Microsoft engineers who are unhappy that the kernel and user land is not improved under the hood. MS favors brand new fancy features over algorithmic or iops improvements.

Precalculus is really all you need to do basic algorithm runtime analysis in Big O notation. 2D graphing is sufficient for lots of coding problems.

There are still components in Windows which are size bound by 8bit variables and eight dot three naming conventions. That makes zero sense considering how far they are from DOS, but it's there.

Top kekkles

>Why is windows closed source?
because they are fucking faggots

You're a freetard for being retarded. Outlook has been a part of the office for nearly 20 years now. It's not his fault you're discussing something that you don't even know anything about.

You can't sell something that is open source.

>unethical
Only for freetards.

I hope faggots are alright.

Actually the code is very nice.

because closed source is better than open source, proof me wrong, you cunt.

They have something to hide.

Not the other user but
>Apache
>Audacity
>MySQL
>Netbeans
>Glassfish

Plus plenty of Linux Distros for server use, security and penetration testing and desktop environments

Come on, I know a lot of pro products are propriety, but plenty are open source.

nice collection of garbage

>installing software built with models i dont agree with is just as bad as assault

freetards, ladies and gentleman.

Wasnt the source leaked for 98 or something

What about pro help desk support?
or better and more "Professional" suites.

Also you can sell open source products as is and give contracts to others or have in house developers change whatever they wish to implement features they need.

What is...
>Linux
>Firefox
>Thunderbird
>Filezilla
>LibreOffice
>OpenOffice
>Nmap
>Git
>Tor
>Blender
>Vim
>PeaZip
>7zip
>Bitcoin
>Calibre
>GParted
>KeepassX
>VLC

Just to name some

Pivot4J
Eclipse
Audacity
Apache
VirtualDub

So much more!
Nginx
Chromium
Ethereum
Android
LLVM

Now your turn: name 5 pieces of decent software without anti-features that are not open source.

Adobe tools like Photoshop or Premiere
3DSMax
Catia
WinCC
Ableton

Come on that's too easy.

>eclipse
holy fucking kek

The source for NT used in W2K was leaked

corel
vst
cad
sap
fruityloops

Most open source business models are junk compared to normal software development. Facebook and Snapchat are free, but aren't open source.

>Apache
>Nginx
>Darwin
>GitLab
>GNU
>Busybox
>SSH
>OpenSSL/GNUTLS
>GCC
>CLANG
>Postfix
>literally any CMS
I could go on for hours

Shitload of ads in both services
>they are free guys!
Also you selling your personal and biometric data to facebook for free you fucktard

All of those have an anti-feature called DRM......