Anyone else with an LG G2 get cucked by lolipop?

Anyone else with an LG G2 get cucked by lolipop?

ever since it updated like a year ago everything runs half as fast and crashes daily

fuck

No, just install Cloudy.

pardon my ignorance, but i dont know what that is and all my googling gives me is some shitty game, and i dont think your recommending me download a game right?

Is a ROM for lg G2, just google Cloudy lg G2 XDA.

oh jesus christ, lol yea man i wouldnt know the first thing how to install that. ive never even tried to root my phone for fear of paper-weighting it.

i guess if i want to un-cuck my phone i will have to try this eventually.

but still, no idea where to start unfortunately.

are you running this? what kinda phone do you have?

Yeah, i have a Lg G2 VS980, you can go to XDA, there is a lot of info on how to root your phone and install ROMs.

cloudy g2 or g3 Sup Forums?

>Lg G2 VS980

cool, same as me.

so whats the difficulty level on this would you say?

I'm running rooted stock and shit is gucci.
Heck I even broke 3 screens on it and am using a partially broken screen.
Going to replace it with a g4 or something in Christmas or something.

The only good LG phone is the V10

Erm, you own a G2 so....

I'd give this one a miss if I were you.

what do you mean give it a miss? you just recommend OP (who has a g2) to use cloudy and now you tell me the opposite?

Isnt cm 13 better?

bump

???

Do a clean reset you dumbaaaasss

Using cm13 on my g2 to post this. I recommend it.

I see no reason to get another phone anytime soon, this one is great.

I have replaced the screen this year after it developed some yellow spots, and replaced the battery for good measure.

lmao, cloudy is ugly and slow. Don't do that. Install cm13 instead

>I see no reason to get another phone anytime soon, this one is great

OP here, i know right?

1080p screen, more than functional hardware (once i get rid of this fucking lolipop)

im amazed this phone is still so relevant after nearly 3 years.

I mean i dont see anything really phasing it out anytime soon either, do you?

oh shit just saw you said something about yellow spots. i just developed one myself. it sucks but i kind have gotten used to it lol. They say it is from heat from the battery. Did you leave yours on the charger alot? Thats something im guilty of. I will leave it on the charger for hours after it reaches 100% each day.

I mean, newer hardware has more power, but I really haven't come across anything that it has been unable to do.

FYI - if you switch to cm13 and still want knock on/off to work, I use nova launcher and greenify. nova launcher lets you specify double tap as a gesture, then I send that to hibernate in greenify.

Stock cm13 has the knock on feature, and knock off on the notification bar, but i prefer tapping anywhere in the screen.

Yeah, I have an unlimited tethering plan, so I just tether the g2 and use the 4g as my home internet, so it sits on the charger a lot of the time. Mine developed first in the top right corner, then I got some top left and down the right side.

If I have to replace the screen again in 2 years I will, it's easy to do. Hardest part is prying out the battery which is in there with what seems like superglue. So I recommend changing the battery at the same time, as I ended up deforming mine (li-poly) as I was removing it. I'm sure you could do it better if you had a heat gun, I didn't.

I've used stock, cloudy, AOKP kitkat, CM 12, 12.1, 13 ans now I'm using crDroid 6. I recommend CM 12.1, stock and crDroid for android 6. CM 13 for me isn't stable enough yet. crDroid is great but it drains a lot of battery.

oh wow yea that constant tethering must have made that thing toasty i bet

>mfw in my shitty 3rd world country it never got past 4.4.2

>mfw it cost me way too many shekels to try and install CM or anything else without fear

wait what?

how would it cost you anything to try and install a ROM?

It would cost me another phone if I screw it up.

oh, right. yea im OP and im kinda in the same bat because ive never tried rooting before. a little scared.

Installing roms is easy as fuck. Just don't install android 4.3 deodex ultra battery pajeet edition

never updated, still on kitkat and it's fine, going to get a new phone in a few months though I think

I'm in the same boat. There's an official build of CM13 for my phone too but then I read the thread on XDA and oh shit, some guy lost his IMEI and can't call, write messages and use mobile data. Then there's cares of people perfectly following the instructions and this still happens. No thanks.

yea man i wish i never updated

sheeeit yea that post right there is why im scared