What was the last keyboard shortcut that you found out about?

What was the last keyboard shortcut that you found out about?
>ctrl+shift+t on chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

autohotkey.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ctrl + shift + A

To deselect in gimp.

I was too lazy to pirate Photoshop so I have to learn the differences with gimp.

Let's just say the first hour was frustrating as fuck.

alt+arrows in chrome

pretty handy, only found out when they disabled backspace for back

Control + W for quick window/full

I don't remember, but the last one I made was Super-Space to resize a window to 1280x720 and center it on my desktop. Lots of sites behave very interestingly at particular browser window sizes.

Fn+Arrow keys on my laptop
>Fn+Right: End
>Fn+Left: Home
>Fn+Up: Pageup
>Fn+Down: Pagedow
I never used those buttons in my life before but now that they blend in so nicely with arrow keys Ive actually started using them instead of mouse pointer.

I map Home and End to WheelLeft and WheelRight on my mouse. Same idea though: wherever your hand already is, keep it there.

Shift+Tab

Win + arrow keys for window organisation, works similar in other distros/DE

Ctrl + 1-9 for changing tabs, ctrl + tab for changing tabs

nice ruse

have we digressed this far?

CTRL + Backspace deletes a whole word

Holy SHIT

CTRL + ESC + SHIFT opens up task manager without that annoying screen

"f"

for youtube fullscreen

literally just clicking random keys during youtube video a few hours ago, and then fullscreen appeared

cool experience

CTRL + SHIFT + ARROW selects by keyboard my friend!

Window Key + Arrows
Moves your windows to the side of the screen

shift+up/down arrow moves notes up/down an octave in ableton

k pauses it all the time (since space wont sometimes)

alt-f4 to kill yourself

CTRL + W on firefox

j - move back 15 seconds
l - move forward 15 sedconds

shift+f2 in firefox, you can type all kinds of cool shit in there like
screenshot desu.png--fullpage
I un-installed an addon because of that.
bretty great

/ to search in a manpage
well everyone who uses vim probably knows taht already

Any of the win+letter combinations on Windows are crazy useful, especially win+e, win+l and win+d.
Linux tho... What a piece of shit. Literally 4 keys at once to move a window to another workspace in Mint

mod1+shift+space to switch between tiled and floating mode on the current window in dwm

But at least you can change the keybinds.
What a retarded argument

or any other program that uses vim-like keybinds.

Can't spend my time ricing a hobbyist operating system, got work to do.

hehe, I pressed all of the win+num and started all of the programs pinned to my task bar
noice

you know that there are a lot of window managers on GNU/Linux with different defaults that you can change and even add functionality to right?

Only clueless retards call Linux a "hobbyist" OS
yeah

FN + Windows key to lock Start menu on my new keyboard. And it stays locked even after restarts. TYBG

>never invest in efficient workflow
>subpar code monkey for life guaranteed

I was just suggested to change a core GUI component in order to get good defaults because the OOB config on a major Linux OS sucks.
You can't deny that the Linux desktop experience is for people with way too much time on their hands.

>Only clueless retards call Linux an OS
FTFY

So, when I want to add a keybind to improve my workflow on Windows, how would I do that?

You sound like someone that approaches girls with a printed copy of his i3 config file to show dominance...

>You can't deny that the Linux desktop experience is for people with way too much time on their hands.
it took me ~20 minutes to install my dream setup of debian sid with dwm (that has defaults that are perfect for me but may be strange for you) and configure everything to my liking (set a clock to be my root window name and show up in the corner of my screen and set a background)

>le linux mane is le neckbeard meme

I don't, but I'm confidently faster in getting things done than you.

It's fine, but at least be aware that you make this choice.

This is the same difference between a super customizable shitty editor like Vim or a less customizable godlike IDE.
Sure, you can add your useless keybind easily on lincucks, but you'll be spending way more time troubleshooting your shitty OS than I ever will with Windows or macOS (which I don't own btw).

debian sid with dwm guy here again, apart from sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude dist-upgrade every few days or so i don't have to do a lot. you seem to base your knowledge on memes.

You didn't answer my question

autohotkey.com/

>needing 3rd party applications for keybinds
absolutely ebin :^)

Thanks mate
Also win + 1-9 to open pinned programs

win + pause

[Shift] + [Right Click] in explorer window for [Run CMD here], ofc this is for windows only

it is just F4 in spaceFM

thanks