Why do people feel the need to upgrade their hardware every year? Do they enjoy wasting money for minimal gains?

Why do people feel the need to upgrade their hardware every year? Do they enjoy wasting money for minimal gains?

They are underage, or they have autism. Just ignore them, we do mentally ill people on the street as we should "gamers".

it's a fucking luxury item. at a certain point you'll always start "wasting" money on this shit.

why do people buy new cars for 60k$ if a 15k$ Toyota will bring get them anywhere they want?
why do people get a huge house with 3 guestrooms they never use?

it's because despite complaining about the terrible economy all day, they have more money than they can reasonably spend.

New cars and houses are material goods that look good, provide large comfort increases over the former and are something to show off.

>yeah hold on, lemme open up my case of my computer and show you my graphics card bb

vs pulling up in a top of the line casual/sports car

which one do you think is going to impress her more?

Cause were not poor?

>her
memes aside, the car and house your talking about are luxury items too, and dont get innovative new designs and significant performance increases for each new model

I don't, but when I start getting poor FPS with my games even at low settings, it's time to upgrade.

Hardware isn't exactly a 'luxury' item, I think of it more as a subscription to a certain service. You gotta pay some amount of money, to enjoy this service, which happens to be gaming.

You can build a good enough PC for $1000 which can last you several years, but I do know there are people who take everything to the next level and end up spending thousands of dollars. I'm not one of those people.

>yeah hold on, lemme open up my case of my computer and show you my graphics card bb

>implying she wouldn't suck my dick immediately after seeing 2 gtx 1080's SLI in a custom water cooling loop

the one that costs tens of thousands more.

Some people have money, not everyone works at mcdonalds.

Is that you getting moist is my loop leaking?

I don't know of anyone who does that. Maybe people who are really into buying & selling their stuff over and over?

Unless you're swimming in money there's absolutely no reason to do such a thing, unless you're talking small upgrades like ram or a fan or something, then sure.

Some people want to play the newest games with 60 FPS. You can't do this with a last gen card.

Its hard to imagine this but most of people (like 90%) just watch Youtube LinusShillTips or any other channel and then buy whatever he shills because video and product website are presented to mind control people into buying.

There is a very small amount of people that compare their current specs benchmarks with product they will buy. (on non shill website benchmarks) And read & understand specs of product they are buying.

>There are people buying PREMIUM/DELUXE/DIAMOND/ANTI-VIRUS SAFE HDMI cables for 500x the price of $5 cable.

ePeen. Like this guy here Also people feel the need to play their game with a bunch of settings they can't even visually see. They don't want to feel like there is an experience they are missing out on even if they aren't. You usually can't tell really the difference between high and "ultra" or whatever the fuck.

GPU side 1070 has like 45% gain over the 970
CPU, gain is trash, which I can agree with your statement.

Dunno how large is the HBM2 gain next year, hope its alot especially making 4K monitors feasible.

Maybe a Sup Forums trap would

The only reason you think people upgrade hardware every year is because you see a small sample of people that buy hardware in a given year, and then a small sample of -different- people that buy hardware in the next year.

This continues until you see "a lot" of people who buy hardware every year, nevermind the fact that all of these people are different sets of people who all might buy only new hardware once the old one reaches planned obsolescence.

Most people upgrade every 2-4 years. It's just the vocal few who fanboy like crazy about buying new cards all the time and I bet even they don't upgrade as much as they would lead you to believe.

But muh gains

>implying I upgrade every year
>implying I don't just future-proof my builds, and only buy a new one every 5-7 years
mykeks

Beacause that's the way it's meant to be played

>implying neets would ever get close to a girl
They spend all their money on their computers for a reason.

Nobody does that except for rich fans with money to burn.

>Implying the only reason to buy things is to impress women