vocaroo.com/i/s1ObwhbDYlBi
youtube.com/watch?v=fbYDZWlCBSc
imgur.com/a/JUwMi
imgur.com/gallery/iGzCV
imgur.com/a/6sg9f#tbE33GW
originativeco.com/products/cyrillic-60?variant=16850275397
youtu.be/4UWK8v9ufG8?t=167
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want caps that differ for finger, to help me learn touch typing.

A board with custom caps (per key) is available at one of the major resellers, but it's on the expensive side (as all things custom)

Are the RGB backlit keyboards capable of setting up such a scheme?

Currently looking at the massdrop for the code keyboard. Any one have experience with them?

> ITT we jerk off each others mechanical snakeoil

Enjoy your placebo morons

Sage

Yes you can do that with RGB keyboards.

>Enjoy

thanks

I don't know about every RGB but Corsair for sure and maybe most Ducky

Thanks. Are all of them Cherry or are there any topre?

There's already one up

Any good split mechanical keyboards? Currently using a Kinesis Freestyle 2 but wondering if there's anything /mkg/ can recommend

All Cherry AFAIK
Check out how insanely customizable are the profiles on the Corsair K70, you can play Snake:
>youtube.com/watch?v=yYet1X18F2E

a thing of beauty

I almost don't have a left hand, is there a keyboard layout that isn't shit for super-righties?

Are these good?

Only $50-$60, Kailh switches.

Those keycaps look absolutely terrible at least buy only half terrible keycaps.

dat edgy keyboard

Are TaiHao caps truly overpriced?
Thin PBT with a slimy coating for $45

Where are you getting that number from? Those keycaps are taihao PBT with coating for $26 shipped. Theres a set without coating that cost $30. Look harder.

Pretty well built. Switches suck tho, specially blue ones.

>silenced Topre edition
ayy

Anyone tried this? Its the new meme on /csg/

gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_298472.html

what disgusting garbage

No worries, i already ordered 6 sets of blank PBT NPKC
I didn't like Tai Hao either

>Discarding the original esc and ctrl keycaps for some attentionwhore blue and red ones
ayy

i have a hhkb rn
i really hate the sound of the spacebar on upstroke
should i buy a type s

>i really hate the sound of the spacebar on upstroke

nigga what

Just got my CM Novatouch today. Absolutely love it, the switches feel so good man, much different than anything else.

yeh

here's mine NT sound after silencing vocaroo.com/i/s1ObwhbDYlBi
sorry about the quality, i used my harmonica mic

now do the silence mod and buy thick PBT keycaps. You will love it even more.

I may buy some DSA style caps in the future. Are all of them PBT? And, what difference will silencing and these caps make?

youtube.com/watch?v=fbYDZWlCBSc

Oh, that does sound quite different. How much is a full set of dampening rings?

seach ebay for "topre rings" or buy pads and use guide imgur.com/a/JUwMi

Damn, on eBay they're so expensive for what they are.

or this better
imgur.com/gallery/iGzCV
imgur.com/a/6sg9f#tbE33GW

Still waiting for Zealios to get in ;_;

I keep seeing mx silencing rings that are 1/5 of the price. Will they work?

>Budget
$200ish each
>Location (continent at least)
NA/USA
>Preferred switch type
Zealios purple, gatron ergoclear, cherry ergoclear, gatron clear, cherry clear, gatron brown, cherry brown
>Layout
ANSI/EN-US or ANSI EN-INT
>Form factor
KB#1 100%
KB#2 80%/tkl or 60% with nav cluster
>Backlight
KB#1 red single color
KB#2 not required, if does then ^
>Previous/current keyboards
Chink $20 simi-mech rubber, z-board (premo rubber), shit dell rubber, shit membrane

Help me please.
I had a suggestion of the 68, for #2, but it is unlikely that I will make the buy.

you mean O-rings? No, they won't work.
look into guides i posted

Ye, I get that stuff but I don't really want to start ripping into my keyboard and stuff. Yknow

Just bought a barebones CM Novatouch (no keycaps), now I'm looking to get some keycaps. Any suggestions?

What would be the best inexpensive wireless keyboard?

Then don't. You won't be silencing your Topre without opening it though

i have heard rk61 is the best but idk
it has shit switches

get something that is thick pbt
after that its all whatever you think looks good

since the spacebar is the largest key by a significant amount hhkb uses a little spring to keep it feeling weighted the same as the others but it is the biggest offender in making a slapping noise when you let go of it
especially that key is about the only key i consistently bottom out which makes it worse

Won one of these on Y!JP, expensive as fuck but oddly enough my HHKB Type-S was bought cheaper. 21k vs. this 29.5k.

And this is a limited to 1000 ever made, all 30g silenced. Curious to see what it's like going from 45g silenced.

i have a standard 30g full sized jap layout board and 30g is great but i find that since im not very used to hitting backspace on a short key and especially in a different spot than in my hhkb i press it a few too many times
30g 10/10 in proper layout i would die for an ansi 10th anni

Any recommendations about where to buy keycaps? I see a lot of cool custom ones pop up on massdrop frequently, but I don't wanna have to wait until something cool and worth buying pops up to just be able to use my keyboard. Maybe just some 2 color set like OP's pic.

Has anyone seen where I can get cherry caps like these? At the worst I can get Cyrillic stickers but if possible I'd like to avoid that.

If not then I'm considering getting these from WASD but on the ISO UK layout. I know WASD aren't the best available but given that I don't need to compromise on the lack of Cyrillic characters and the colour of the caps... perhaps it's not all too bad?

Planning on getting a kbp v60 to bring with me to work on the daily so i can stop typing on my god awful laptop keyboard. I'm between gateron clears and gateron blacks. I hear that clears are way too light and i feel like I do type a little heavy so I'm leaning to black right now. Is it true that if I go black, will I never go back?

>blue
>gaymen

ayy

is novatouch tkl worth it?

i'm using a filco 104 with mx browns atm

With iso variant? It would be pretty hard.

If cyrillic with ANSI layout is ok, try geekhack groupbuys. Shadovved just finished an enjoypbt one and might have some leftovers. If not, there is one from originative that will start shortly.

buy CM switch tester with Topre and decide for yourself

There's this stuff here
originativeco.com/products/cyrillic-60?variant=16850275397

Appreciate the suggestions, problem being however is that they're not ISO UK.

How are those keycaps? I've been thinking of picking one of those up in ANSI layout if I can find one in Akihabara

Considering selling my UK layout Pok3r for a ANSI layout Pok3r for these caps... hmmm. I suppose the only thing missing is a '£' symbol and in this case I could use a shortcut for that I suppose.

>the only thing missing is a '£' symbol
Don't worry, you won't be needing that a whole lot anymore

Predicted that. I got straight up meme'd there.

>Budget
€130 with €160 max.
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
CMX brown, red or gatememe equivalent. I have only tested browns and they feel nice, just a bit too noisy tbqh
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
80% TKL
>Backlight
Just plain white backlighting
>Previous/current keyboards
literally laptop keyboard

Get the Tada68

And it doesn't get any more quiet than browns

Gateron thick PBT came in

Feels fucking great

If you are really insistent on tkl rather than 65%, get a varmilo, but other than that the tada is basically the best choice on the market right now

Pic related, it's the tada

hepl me fampai

tada68

Is originativeco the only store for the Tada68? The keyboard is only $75, but shipping adds another $35. >:(

Yes. It's a groupbuy.

Shipping's also 30 bucks for me, but that's still a better deal than anything similar + shipping would get me.

gateron or cherry switches?
how is the fit?

where???? does it offer two day shipping??

gateron, im not a cherry pleb

the fit is nice and snug, but not really tight

are gateron the same as cherry?

No, they're clones.

Not that different, they're smoother than cherry, but the stems sit less tight thus causing some wobble (should be getting fixed in the future)

no just add silencing rings

>imgur.com/gallery/iGzCV
ive got a guide coming out on how o silence topre boards better than anything for $12, should be releasing it tonight or tomorrow.

my novatouch will arrive tomorrow probably, what am I expecting? How are topres? I've been using bucklings for about 5 months, how would the switch be to topres?

soft and light

The wobble isn't really any worse than cherry though

Scheduled for tomorrow

good shit

so close to being able to finish this thing

Am I missing anything crucially important here? Do you often hold a left modifier and type numpad characters? This might be good enough to tear down my current project for

kek

it's pathetic, and terrifies me to think of seeing the condition my 1976 set will be in a couple months when it's delivered

its the i post the same picture over and over kind of thread

I think SP let people run way too many group buys and now they're rushing through production without checking shit like this.

They're seriously booked out for a full year, there's a Valentines set that won't be done till after Valentines next year. They only have a few SA profile machines, not nearly enough to keep up with demand in a timely manner.

Any good keycaps on Amazon?
Have a gift card, and would mean I didn't have to pay for shipping

It's a good way to get buyer's advice if nothing else buddy

Any thoughts on the Rosewill RGB80? Would like to get a mechanical and it seems like a steal for 50$ right now.

My DHL tracking says they tendered my package to USPS at 3AM this morning. Will USPS get it to me tomorrow? This is the first time DHL ever did something on time (ahead of time actually) so I'm skeptical what they said is true.

Yes, most likely. I had Fedex do that to me on Friday morning with a mobo, and USPS delivered it on saturday.

Can I trust this group buy?
inb4 G60

yes

some cringe

youtu.be/4UWK8v9ufG8?t=167

okay, ordered.
did some research, seller seems pretty decent.

after having typed on many switches over the years. I have come to determine (in my opinion) that the best switches are topre, specifically the case mounted 45g hhkb ones. Zealio switches come close but the sound and stability of topre is still much better than the cherry platform.

Multicaqm hydrodip y/n

first upgrade those keycaps

I agree that topre is the best feeling switch, but i will always stand by gateron as the best switch considering it's value

But you can't buy keyboards with gaterons