Is Intel literally a meme?

Is Intel literally a meme?
What the fuck is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_infraction
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

whats wrong w that

t. not a le troll

It's called protecting your brand, if they didn't put warnings like that they could actually lose their trademark because they didnt defend it.

>What the fuck is this?
Modern intellectual property laws.

I grant you a limited, non-exclusive permission to affix the attached logo image to a single computer device incorporating a reply posted with the logo. Use of the logo image for any other purpose is unauthorized and infringes "muh trademark rights". I reserve the right to ask you to stop using the logo image if the reply has been altered or if the poster's system does not meet the quality and performance standards customary on Sup Forums. Other license terms may apply.

I grant you a limited, non-exclusive permission to affix the attached logo image to a single computer device incorporating a reply posted with the logo. Use of the logo image for any other purpose is unauthorized and infringes "muh trademark rights". I reserve the right to ask you to stop using the logo image if the reply has been altered or if the poster's system does not meet the quality and performance standards customary on Sup Forums. Other license terms may apply.

The sticker is there so system builders can stick it onto computers so customers get a vague idea of the system's specs. It's also advertising.

What happens if you affix it to multiple computer devices?

literally who gives a shit about virtually unenforceable terms

I put it on my throttle body in my car.

Intel will revoke your right to that sticker!

They don't want people sticking i7 stickers on a computer with a pentium for example.

They're saying that you can't stick the logo to a machine that doesn't use the processor the sticker describes.

No they're not. They're saying that you can *only* stick the logo to a machine that uses the processor which the sticker describes. (1).

>Intel reserves the right to ask you to stop using the logo if the system does not meet the quality and performance standards in the industry.
In addition, this part stipulates that not only must you abide by rule (1), but the rest of your computer (e.g. the hard drive) must also be as fast as (((Intel))) wants it to be.

It's a legislative farce.

Jesus fucking christ.

Really now. So if I stuck it on my fridge they could sue me?

Isn't it an OEM sticker?

since when does canfield make stickers?

I'm pretty sure it can only be infringing if they're a part of the same market as a trademarked product. A trademark for Intel products would be applicable to computer hardware but probably not refrigerators or cars or whatever.

It's for resellers and shops, not for the end customer, i.e. (You).
To prevent them from slapping i7 stickers on 3200U laptops, as the goyim only watch for those.

>Intel reserves the right to ask you to stop using the logo
>reserves the right to ask
>to ASK
ok, you can ask all you want
but that doesn't mean I have to comply

>wait for zen
>build an all amd pc
>put the sticker on it
Row row fight da powah

Does this mean that if you take the sticker off your computer and put it in the trash can, you're breaking the law?
(Assuming said trash can does not run on Intel).

Not a law you're violating the terms of the license. They might sue you but the govt wont give a fuck about any of this

You can only be sued if you break a law, nigger.

That's is factually wrong. Please learn the difference between criminal and civil court. A license is a civil agreement between two persons to allow one person to use the "property" of another. If one of the people in the agreement violate the terms of the agreement the other can take them to civil court.

You can be sued for literally anything if a lawyer can make a convincing argument to a judge to make you pay up for it.

...Yes. Because it's against the law to break contracts.

It's not it's a civil infraction. You cannot be jailed for a civil infraction but you can be forced to pay damages and if the damages are above what you're capable of paying you can have your wages garnished.

>it's a civil infraction
A civil infraction is violation of the law.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_infraction
It's against the law.

Repeating it enough times does not make it true user there's an entire separate system for civil suits. Criminal cases are between the "state" and a person. Civil suits are between two persons. If you violate the law at any point you will go to criminal court. If you violate the terms of a license or any other contract between two legal persons you go to civil court. The state does not act on anyone's behalf in civil cases it's two people arguing who is the one who is wrong and a judge determines who is correct.

Fuck Intel, I'm going to buy a Pentium 2 sticker and put it on my thinkpad.

THIS x1000. A lot of people here are misinformed.

>It's for resellers and shops, not for the end customer
[citation needed]

Adding to that, it's like the tags on couches and other fluffy furniture (at least in the US). It says you can't remove the tag, but often times it says "except by the consumer", implying that the message is directed towards the retailer.

I literally see no issue with this
- Linus Sebastian

I'm a rebel

I get what you're saying, the ability to form contracts is established under law but that is not what I mean. The original post implied putting a sticker on a trash bin would be trademark infringement and he's technically correct but there was no monetary value in putting the sticker on the trash bin, he wasn't given money or any sort of compensation for doing so, his infraction would be a civil dispute at best. The state would not even consider jail time over this, I doubt they'd even consider imposing damages over it.

wow reported!!

desu i saw that shit a lot in walmart

>see this prebuilt pc
>i7 sticker, zotac sticker, gskill sticker, w7 ultimate licence sticker but generic as fuck mATX case with no slot shield for usd 300
>peek inside
>ZIF heatsink with old foxconn logo, probably some old ass 478
>generic ram with no logo or heatsink, probably kingston value or something like that
>GPU was some shady single slot with only one VGA and S-video port, probably some FX or 6200 series.
>mfw

sent ;)

Stick it on your toilet.

What are you, OP, a fucking communist?

>
>No they're not. They're saying that you can *only* stick the logo to a machine that uses the processor which the sticker describes. (1).

didn't he practically say that Q

If you don't 'protect' your copyright it will be revoked. That kind of thing is done so they don't lose their copyrights.

tfw 2 intel stickers on a phone

I once put a Nvidia and Intel sticker on the back of my phone
Who would have thought that was illegal

>Buy AMD processor
>Put intel sticker on computer case
>Intel Jews get buttmad

>cum inside rd
>Pentium 4 logo
This "cum inside" meme is older than Pentium 4 itself.

>there are kids in middle school that are newer than the pentium 4

;^) after a year of use I'm surprised they stayed so long. If they were new they would probably be in better condition.

Forgot pic related, don't want to get sued.

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

#rekt

can you ask for refound on sticker?

Why do you need an i5 in a remote control? so you can install gentoo on it??

That's a calculator you cuck (not him btw)

>buy laptop with a fuck ton of stickers
>stick the Nvidia 920 sticker in my phone
>literally lose the phone in a housefire not even memeing
Damm, those jews got back at me...

>cuck
>btw

>>>/facebook/

It's their brand mark... It's literally the least controversial part of IP law. Essential for any civilized country that has any kind of capitalist system.