Got a new number due to being harrassed with too many telemarketer calls

>got a new number due to being harrassed with too many telemarketer calls
>now afraid to sign up for anything with it
>had only used it for things like Amazon, etc.

Is it safe to use it for Google Voice?

Dialing a 1-800 number will put you on telemarketers db.

You can't opt-out of telemarketer DBs? What a shitty country.

Will do. But can I use my new phone number as a forwarding for Google Voice without getting on any lists?

There's our National Do-Not-Call registry, which keeps official telemarketers from calling, but not robocalls or anything like that.

Just don't answer the phone ever. Have Google voice email the voicemail transcript to you.
You will never have to talk to a telemarketer ever again.

Google Voice is pretty based. I've used it since the invite only beta. If you don't want to receive calls you can just set it to not forward them to your phone. You can whitelist numbers that you still want forwarded to your phone too.

Didn't mean to quote

We're you on the national do-not-call list? Usually that works. If they still call I just say I'm reporting them to the FTC for violating the registry and that usually shuts them up.

The one thing that I've been getting, however, is calls from hospitals and what not saying "Dear Mr. !$MY_NAME, your appointment or whatever has been confirmed..." and I'm wondering if they are legitimate mistakes or telemarketing shenanigans. I've gotten 5 or so of these this year so far. Has anyone else received these calls?

I only take phone calls by appointment. I ignore all calls when I'm not expecting one.

>i have no friends

At least I don't have to listen to telemarketers.

you got me

I just don't want calls in the first place. Google Voice requires me to link my real phone, so I'm afraid that doing so will get my number out to cyberspace. I am asking if it will

yes, then sign up for shit with your google voice number

or get a prepaid sim card. t-mobile will hand you one on the spot which is pretty based

another thing I do is make a tasker profile for

event => phone ringing => caller "0/!C:ANY"
task => end call

goes straight to voicemail/google transcribe email if the caller has caller ID disabled or is not a contact

SMS spam is harder to combat successfully

Your phone company is the one selling your number, not by singing up to things.

Block private callers any unknown numbers that call you simply don't answer at all, then block those too. They usually give up if you don't answer at all.

Try to Google the number that called you, if it's a telemarketer, it will show up somewhere with people complaining. It's possible they are leaving an "innocent" message so they won't be held liable if they get reported for violating the dnc.

>a service from google
>asks if its safe

I was, and it didn't seem to have any effect. I don't have the time to tell dozens of telemarketers a week that I'm going to report them to the FTC.

So, is it?

Just use a fucking call blocker you goddamn retard.

My friends text me. Who the fuck calls nowadays without asking first? Rude as shit.

stop giving TCPA consent senpai

I have to answer every call as reference on gf's cost guard admission records so will eventually be called by fbi probably. Usually just robot or habeeb

Coast*

Like what?

So essentially the DNC does jack shit.

Source: I cancelled my phone(s) because of faggotry.