Why do people still use this after all the shady shit they have done?

Why do people still use this after all the shady shit they have done?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Remove-Sponsored-Ads-from-uTorrent
web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2015-5474
torrentfreak.com/new-utorrent-release-breaks-ties-with-bitcoin-miner-150413/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not using Transmission in the year 2016

>shady shit
>literally nothing, ever

The same reason there's still like 2 million AOL subscribers.

It still works and they don't give a shit. utorrent users are probably all children, old people, or complete retard normies.

What's so bad about utorrent?

>implying normies know how to use utorrent

So installing a Bitcoin miner on your PC without even telling you is 'literally' nothing? Okay.
Also before you even reply, people that opted-out of the install still got it installed on their PC so don't go with the "b-b-but you can opt-out of it" bullshit.

It's literal adware.

>fucking troll bait

>installing toolbars
Just leave.

yes normalfags are that retarded too still be using mutorrent

>being this mad

utorrent is proprietary, meaning you can never be 100% sure that they aren't fucking with you, and they install 3rd party garbage via their installer.

Everyone started hating utorrent in 2015 when one of the 3rd party programs was also installing malware along with it.

I use AOL. people laugh when I give them my email.

Same reason people use Internet Explorer. They don't know about better alternatives (aka computer illiterates)

>2016
>Using CVEtorrent

green text mad

>2016
>spouting mindless memes
Well, you're with the times

Not mad but sad that inbred people like you exist.

CVE details and utorrent are good companions, lurk more newfriend

>what is English
Why do foreigners try so hard to fit in?

What other language do you speak user?

look at all the adds kek, normie doesn't know how to remove them, and u can google that shit

What is it like being a low IQ retard?

shit i have utorrent
is there anyway i can completely remove all the bitcoin miners and adware?

here i googled it for you, not sure if u troll tho or not but anyway...

wikihow.com/Remove-Sponsored-Ads-from-uTorrent

there is no bitcoin miner now at all, and 3rd party tools in install setup are bullshit if u have any deceant antivirus or common sense u can uncheck checkboxes and thats all

thanks im autistic

ITT: Windows users defending proprietary adware.

Then again, they are using windows...

Looks comfy to me senpai.

There's no alternative to either.

cracked windows bruh, implying that I torrent and that I have original copy of windows ?

fuck the logic, if i torrent then i torrent windows too

>Using old, possibly insecure, software on purpose

lol

What? I have a hard time even understanding what you're writing.

So using proprietary adware is OK, because the OS you're using is a cracked version you've torrented? So not only are you using the arguably most vulnerable OS there is. You've gotten it from possibly the most insecure source on the internet: some torrent site.

What reason do you have to be using Windows in the first place?
>inb4 muh gaymes

>apt-get install firefox
>my software suite is complete
You really don't belong here.

Is there a piece of software that has gone further from its roots than utorrent?

I mean, back in the v1 era it was under 200kB and quite literally a micro torrent client. Now its 2.4MB and filled with ads, addons and bullshit that is completely unnecessary.

It went to shit after it sold out, as usual.

Yeah... I don't want ransomware

What shit? tell me? what's better than 2.2.1? huh? huh? tell me? tell me? 2.2.1 is still accepted at EVERY SINGLE PRIVATE TRACKER except oppaidead because of their autistic ruler.

What? Tell me? What? 2.2.1 > all. What I gonna use?

Deluge?? more like delose. Faggot racing pos.
qstalledmeme? hahahahahaha
rtorrent? sorry, my desktop is not a seedbox? I'd buy a seedbox to use rtorrent
tixati = ass
bitvomit = ass

huh huh huh I'm covering your mouth now

2.2.1? King shit.

winbabby mad that his software is
- proprietary
- more than 5 (five) years old
- probably full of security holes

Even more mad knowing that
- it will always be proprietary
- if he updates, it will install a complementary bitcoin miner (don't worry it is for charity :^)
- it is literally adware

kek

what client do you use? deluge is pretty fast but i also ise bittorrent

>using inferior software

l*l

>insecure software
>inferior

pick both

Guess you're hitting all the marks, eh buddy

>m-muh security
I bet you fell for the w10 security meme too

Personally, i use Deluge.

Using Transmission atm

Only downside is that I’m using a 270 PPI 13.3″ screen and it doesn’t scale well, so it’s a bit small

>eurotrash not even in a single private tracker

Give me a reason to use anything else

than what?

You will get banned from private trackers

tixati is banned from basically all private trackers due to the staggering ammount of cheating scripts there are.
it has a setting to fake outgoing traffic built right into it.

>not spoofing a whitelisted client with it

Checkm8 private trackers

>upgrade to """""PRO"""""
good goy

>apt-get install firefox
>not the superior apt install firefox

i still use utorrent 2.2.1

is this bad?

Yes. Stealing is wrong.

...what do use torrents for besides "stealing"?

Why ask if you're going to complain about the answer?

Have fun using outdated software with known vulnerabilities.

web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2015-5474

>hey mom I posted it again!

i knew utorrent was shady from day 1. Used vuze then deluge and now i use transmission

you just type your shit into cuckass' search and click on the download/magnet button
couple of minutes and your shit is ready
> 2016

>2015
>warez download

Why do people still use Windows?

Some of us want to do more than surf the net.

Same reason I still use Windows. It's the one that works.

It just works.

Is there something simple like Transmission but also with labels or tags or something so I can categorize my shit

i still use limewire as my torrent program

works on my manchine

Deluge is the only thing you need, it even sorts them automatically based on tracker.

I'm pajeet and I use shit internet on Android for torrent.
I used utorrent first, then moved to Flud for the features and potentially less botnet. It's beautiful, but started being unstable a bit.
So moved to utorrent pro (for free of course).
When I had good bandwidth, I always used Transmission.

utorrent got shady after a certain version, best to move on to a different client.

I'd download a car if I could.

I actually like tixati the best but deluge works better with my vpn and isn't banned

kek you use a Mac...

Why should your torrent client contain ads in the first place, goy? Not to mention: torrentfreak.com/new-utorrent-release-breaks-ties-with-bitcoin-miner-150413/

You have a link to the 3.4.2 installer with the offer?

/thread

>not knowing how bitcoin is mined.

For the same reason everyone uses android and no one uses windows phone: people uses whatever comes installed by default. If it were that people identifies the brand "windows" with good quality then windows phone would be the the most used phone, but the truth is that most people hardly knows what is windows in the first place. Too bad at this moment almost a whole generation is trained from a young age to use windows so they only notices the difference when you put something else in their computers and a button is not in the same exact place, because a lot of them just makes their work almost mechanically.

>being vague on purpose
>bluffing this hard

Wohoo! Look at it mine away!

the peaks mean it's mining

Why do you speak like a nigger having a seizure

I used to use utorrent, but I kept having issues with it. I've been using Deluge for the past couple years and haven't had any problems.

Deluge is by far the worst torrent client I have ever used.
Maybe, for light use, it's fine but it kills it's self with huge torrents or if you have a lot of torrents.

More builds

So, realistically how much caution do I need to take when torrenting. I remember back in high school people acted like it was a really big deal. "Oh, if you're going to torrent you need to be behind like, 8 proxies and change your IP every hour and set up your computer to act like its in Europe." But I have been torrenting terabytes of shit for at least 16 years now without any sort of protection and have never had any issues.

Is it one of those things where as long as you don't go around announcing it to people on the street no one will ever give a fuck?

Mine, baby mine! You're gonna have to do better than... nothing.

Just don't seed. Yeah, people will look at you sideways but when you start seeding is when you are more likely to get real charges. It's like a drug dealer versus a buyer.

How huge? I've been downloading files that go beyond the 10GB mark and had zero problems with it.

That becomes a problem when the only place you can find what you want is one of those places that won't let you have anything unless you keep above a certain ratio.

The real question is why do people still torrent after it's been completely and totally fucking locked down by content owners, it's a fucking flawed sharing method that was never made for the internet in general, and the fact that YOU FUCKING ADVERTISE YOUR IP ADDRESS TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT CONNECTS TO THAT TORRENT should tell you that if you're going to fucking copy something without permission, you shouldn't use this fucking method to do it.

I think the largest thing I've downloaded with Deluge was about 95GB(About 700 individual files) and it worked fine for me.

Every time I would restart, I would have to re-check almost every torrent over 10GB, I had 700~ torrents and a few 100GB+ torrents, fucking stupid.
Once it lost everything and it tried to make me re-check them all.
Nope'd the fuck out and installed qBittorrent, I haven't had any real problems with it yet and have over 1000 torrents going right now. The whole 'stalled' meme is just because every possible error results in 'stalled'..
Also, deluge is laggy as fuck with so many torrents. It has no "file missing" error so when I had my external un-pluged for whatever reason, it re-downloaded 40~GB to the default directory.
Fucking what. What /isn't/ wrong with deluge?

Do you realize every form of communication using the internet involves your IP address?
What kind of idiot are you? There have been cases of copyright trolls getting IP data from direct download sites.

Does the installer with the miner even exist anymore?
I'm gonna have to google this to see if I can find the damn build number.

>small chance of a certain method getting your ip
>vs GUARANTEED HERE IS EVERYONE'S IP WITH ZERO FUCKING WORK NEEDED
Oh look, you are the idiot.

>>vs GUARANTEED HERE IS EVERYONE'S IP WITH ZERO FUCKING WORK NEEDED
What is the NSA? If they cared, they could kill piracy.

Ok, it was 3.4.2 build 38913, and I think I found it.

Because people aren't informed.

well shit, the one on filehippo gave me 3.4.7.
Trying another.