Why aren't there more smartphones with e-ink displays?

Why aren't there more smartphones with e-ink displays?

pleb normies can't in to black and white unless it's for their ereader so they can show off their thousand book collection with the unread copy of some DFW book at the top

* still expensive to produce
* not responsive
* no colors

why aren't more phones waterproof?
why don't more phones have 5000+mAh (removable) batteries?
why don't more phones have mSD slots?

Because that would be super fucking retarded, expensive, and nobody would fucking buy that shit lmao.

I have a kindle collecting dust in my drawer, got replaced by my Note 4 with amoled display.

>why don't more phones have mSD slots?
Most android phones have a mSD slot. We won't get rid of that until people can upload 256GB of storage to the cloud for free and at 1Gbps download/upload 24/7 everywhere they go.

My phone is already black and white. I turned it on in the settings. I don't need to view colors often and it saves a good amount of battery.

Also has a point there.

Fix the first two and I'd buy it.

>Most android phones have a mSD slot.

>Nexus

It won't matter as long as google keeps trying to push their shitty devices with lack of expandable memory.

This is a non-argument. Nexus is not an indicator of where Android phones are going to go. For software, sure maybe. But as for hardware nearly every other company has a mSD slot. Just because google keeps trying to push out certain hardware features it doesn't mean everyone else is going to follow suit. They can't even get their fucking software to be united, and you think they're going to influence hardware in any significant way?

>It won't matter as long as google keeps trying to push their shitty devices with lack of expandable memory.
How does Google manage to keep mangling this shit? Like, I understand if they had to cut some corners if it were cheap, but shit's expensive now, there is no excuse.

Most people don't buy nexus phones, they're irrelevant. Most get the latest shitbird from Samshit, LG, or HTC with a microsd slot. The main point people go with android is hardware bot software. So what if Nexus phones get the latest version of Android google shits out, it still lacks a microsd slot which turns most away.

That basic desire for something so basic as a microsd slot almost fucking ruined Samshit when they released the Note 5 and S6.

> upload everything into the cloud
Please dear god no.

I think memory lcd will solve all these problems.
>expensive to produce
Dunno yet, they seem to sell with relatively comparable prices to traditional displays even though they're new.
>not responsive
Memory lcd has 60hz refresh rate hooray.
>no colours
Memory lcd has colour, the one in my pebble time steel can do 64 colours. Not great, but clearly very possible.

Pretty good middle ground, I'd love to see more of them being used.

way too slow refresh for a smartphone

>why aren't more phones waterproof?
Waterproofing phones is hard since they need to have charging ports, SIM slots and audio jacks that need to be made waterproof.
why don't more phones have mSD slots?
So companies like Apple can make a "premium" product and charge 100$ extra for a model with increased storage

>Also if you make something waterproof you pretty much can't make it have removable battery.
That's bullshit I owned waterproof phones with removable battery

Is the e-ink screen lit? If so i want one, thats the one thing that the yotaphone 2 is missing.

Sd cards are shitty and slow, storing and managing is data is also a clusterfuck. Apple provides top tier nvme flash in the iphone that absolutely destroys any sd card.

>v-nand based
>90MB/s write
>"shitty"
>"slow"
Are you retarded son?

Why would anyone want this?

If you want an eink reader buy one (with a +6" screen)

Over 90MB/s write and 95MB/s read for phone storage seems kinda overkill and iPhones suffer from all the problems in pic related.

>up to
>meaning only with 256 gb models
>still vastly inferior even then

You tried

>>up to
This is v-nand based so that up to is more like 99% of the time

>>meaning only with 256 gb models
Why would you get lower capacity models? This one will most likely go on sale for $150 on black friday too.

>>still vastly inferior even then
Inferior how? It's more than 2X the storage space of a 128GB iPhone because a part of that 128GB in the iPhone is reserved for the unusable OS.

The problem is:
>user buys brandX phone
>user buys cheapest chink sd card they can find
>fukken slow.jpg
>user unhappy
>"brandX sucks Sup Forums, I can prove it"
>card breaks, bunch of photos gone
>"should have never used brandX!"
>gonna be an iFag instead
>happy paying 7 million dollars for 2gb more
>doesn't understand own stupidity