1 more day

1 more day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUG6Ae10yOQ
support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Beta-Driver-for-Vulkan-Release-Notes.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=xOBNfsdZV-o
videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web
youtube.com/watch?v=WF1j4pz6DbU
overclock.net/t/1603915/polaris-owners-thread/20
computerbase.de/2016-05/geforce-gtx-1080-test/11/#diagramm-ashes-of-the-singularity-async-compute
youtube.com/watch?v=ErYurM1cQYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love these reminders!!!!!!!!!!!

>nvidia shill redirecting others to Sup Forums
wew lad

>sexy blower
fuck, if only blower style coolers weren't loud or hot.

I have never even owned an nvidia card you mongoloid

Then you have extreme autism so thanks for confirming

I've had a 2006 iMac with an X1600, everything else was integrated

New command processor should give better DX11 performance unlike previous AMD cards.

>macfag
>redirecting people to Sup Forums

I KNEW this would be the next post. Literally fuck off of Sup Forums
Plus,
>implying that I am still a Macfag
Kill yourself while you're at it

SO fucking hyped!

>lying about having a mac so you could 1 up yourself
sounds to me like you have severe aspergers

>hyped about 970 performance
>2016

go back to Sup Forums and bitch about manlytears or whatever you Sup Forumsirgins talk about on that containment board

$200

>hyped about 980/fury performance
>2016
ftfy

Seems to me that you lack reading comprehension. I still have the mac but the screen is not usable anymore, I don't have an iPhone and I have an HP laptop.
To stay on topic, fanboys have hyped the RX 480 way too much, it's just going to be a cheaper introduction into VR and for 1080p, nothing really that amazing to spam these threads hourly

Add in power hungry and you're talking about all AMD cards in general lol

youtube.com/watch?v=AUG6Ae10yOQ

newfag go back to Sup Forums

>polaris
>power hungry

LOL

Stay strong tomorrow. It's gonna sting when you see that card outperformed by a 970

We'll see

go back to Sup Forums and bitch about manlytears or whatever you Sup Forumsirgins talk about on that containment board

you're right, i suppose i should stay unbiased.

my 660 ti is barely audible while playing Overmeme.

dunno how bad non-custom coolers are. Mine is an EVGA card.

tech newfag here

sorry I dont know too much about graphics cards and am in the market for probably about a gtx 960 or 970.

I just saw this being posted all over the board.

Everyone I talk to always just tells me to go to ignore amd/radeon but after reading these threads im curious about this one

what kind of stand out differences are there between this and a 970?
performance wise are they roughly the same or is this one to be superior in small way?

Why do people want to buy reference cards? You guys never owned a GPU before or something? Reference cards are not worth it 100% of the time. Wait for Sapphire, MSI, and the rest of the gang.

Gist of it is that the Rx 480 is at minimum GTX 970 performance, the 480 is cheaper, uses less energy and is more future proof.

thanks I guess Ill buy one tomorrow when its out.

>tfw it will probably cost 300€ in yuropoorland

"Rx 480 is at minimum GTX 970 performance"
Exactly this, for $199

if this thing is as good as you say it is for its price. where will they be available to purchase cause im gonna guess its gonna sell out in a 5 minutes

I don't think so. AMD seems to have a good batch of stock. It won't be like the 1080/1070 stocks. If it sells out then don't stress it. Just wait for the aftermarket ones that will have better cooling and performance.

Is there any actual evidence that AMD is going to provide decent Linux drivers for the RX 480, particularly at launch? It sounds like a great deal; performance of a 970 (or better) for $200 with lower temps, but if you have to rely on potentially sketchy drivers that may or may not even be available at launch, I'll have to pass. Dual booting Win7/Xubuntu has worked really well for me for the last few years, and I'm not interested in changing that arrangement.

Did you check AMD GPU-PRO

support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Beta-Driver-for-Vulkan-Release-Notes.aspx

youtube.com/watch?v=xOBNfsdZV-o

These things are gonna be mass produced

IT'S OVER THE 480 IS FINISHED

>founder's edition $380
>only five per state
get hype

>five per state
lol

You do realise that the value of the 900 series cards is going to crash once the 1060 is available in stores right?

>Coming september
lol nope

>>only five per state

Zozzle

>mac
I think you should look into thats the right board for you.

>with yields nvidia has on the 10XX series the 1060 gonna be a collectors item.

>Shitposter is surprised that his post is answered with more shitposting
Wait what?

>overhyped

kek

Does anyone remember the exact time and date the NDA should lift?

Literally why

GPU's have important features that extend beyond video games

Any sights on any of the aftermarket cards?

980 performance, less power, cheaper, has actual dx12 support and comes with real 4gb or 8gb memory. The 970 is a horrible card because of the 3,5gb drama.

>fake Polish benchmarks posted by an untrustworthy magazine

Not better dx11 perf but better sub pixel tessellation culling that amd never had and thus gonna smoke many nvodiots cards with gameworks

>slower than a 970
top kek

"According to the review, 5% overclocking causes severe artifacts in 3DMark, while 7% overclock causes system to freeze. Not a word about drivers uses though."

videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web

youtube.com/watch?v=WF1j4pz6DbU

There are benchmarks appearing. 100-200 fps @ max settings "Just Cause 2".

good luck with that mate
and with an old driver
lel

Remember folks. a little over a year until final 14/16nm cards are released!

1180 Ti/titan V GP100 (1k/700$)
1180 - GP102 (600$) (same as 1080 Ti)
1170 GP102 cut (400$)
1160 GP104 (new stepping 1080 for under 300$)
1150 GP106 (100$) (same as 1060)

Fury 2(3) and Fury X 2(3) or new name Vega 11
RX590 Vega 10
RX 580 Vega 10 cut
RX 570 (p10) (new stepping of 480)
RX 560 (p10 cut) (new stepping of 470)
RX 550 (p11) (will be in zen APUs with 2/4GB of HBM) (next stepping of 460)

(naming schemes may change but chip heirarchy listed will not)

This will be an important time for GPU's as console graphics will be ported over at 5Tflops due to p10 increasing necesary specs for new games.

After this, we get to welcome our new 7/10nm overlords!

screencap this and open it in a year when the prophecy comes true.

the fuck is that list? where did you even get those lol they dont even make sense

Fuck, I can't wait. My finger is hovering over the buy button for a full build with this GPU. Hoping that the reviews are not shit or i'm gonna have to call it off, which would suck.

when does the 1060 come out?

Waitfags are not going for that. They're buying now.

The ones who bought last-gen will be the new waitfags.

So GTFO or get BTFO

, you'll feel right at home

so waitfags cant wait a day righttt...lol

but I can get GTX970 for less than that for half a year now when bought used.

Forced to use gsync for adaptive sync no thanks

2 to 4 weeks, shitty availability

source: some czech nvidia guy on pctuning.cz

This will be, bar none, the worst video card in the history of mankind.

its expected every single nvidia card is a A revision meaning is a eng sample...
if you see 480 its a C one... amd is working on this shit for a long LONG time to get it right

Wtf do you mean we will see
It can't go over 150w ever....

Of course, I'm not advocating waiting for a GPU release. a year on one card is good enough to justify the expense especially if you're still on 1080p resolution,and especially if it's a 200$ card for the RX 480 or (eventual) 350$ for the GTX 1070.

It makes perfect sense, the generation after this will be mostly be rebrands save for the top-end. the current stack will move down with new steppings allowing higher clocks on existing architecture. so the 1160 (or so) will out-perform the 1080 despite having the same on-paper specs by a few percentages.

The only assumption being made is that Vega 11 will outperform the GP102 chip thanks to HBM2 and 6000+ stream processors= Nvidia will, in that case, be forced to release a consumer version of the GP100 (currently $15K with many professional elements that won't be present on the consumer GP100) which also has HBM2. AMD could screw this up though, and in that case there would be no GP100 consumer chip, as Nvidia doesn't care to release new consumer cards unless they feel threatened

Vega 10 (aka flagship of the 400 series) will most certainly crush the GP104 chip that is in the 1080/1070. Nvidia will announce the 1080 Ti and the GP102 titan a few days before the release of Vega 10. That's already known by AMD and nvidia as Vega 10 is a 400mm+ design, even if AMD were to completely fuck up the architecture it would beat the GP104 chip, which is around 300mm

card has a 6pin only
nvidiots going crazy 300terrawatts

Hope not. Really dont want to have to get nvidia again

The reference card can't go above 150w. that does not mean that a non-reference card won't allow for 225 or higher with another 6-pin or 8-pin connecter.

Of course, the reason the AMD decided to release the 480 with only one 6-pin was to showcase how efficient it is. However, there are tons of consumers who would happily trade an extra 50-75 watts for an extra 10% performance. It still wouldn't beat the 1070 but it would come close. That's assuming the p10 can clock higher with more voltage, and it isn't restricted architecturally

They're super butthurt and trying to spin everything to fit a fanboy narrative.
The RX 480 with a little OC pulled 147w in Furmark, in typical gaming workloads its about 100w or less.
Speaks volumes to how well the arch scales down in clocks, which is no wonder why Apple bought Polaris11 and 10 GPUs for new products. I wouldn't be surprised if they could fit a full Polaris 10 die under 75w at 800mhz.

The GPU does exactly what AMD said it would, and thats offer entry level VR performance at a low price point. No sane person can be mad at that.

Stop false flagging.

Oh no having a high on steam vr bench isnt really entry level..

i told that before the card is gonna smoke a lot of nvidia ashes on dx12.. especially 1070...

>The GPU does exactly what AMD said it would, and thats offer entry level VR performance at a low price point

and the 970/390 are also entry level vr cards and are way cheaper in the uk. amd fucked their global pricing once again.

>i told that before the card is gonna smoke a lot of nvidia ashes on dx12
You mean only in AOFTS? A game that pretty much nobody plays

even your new god adoredtv has calculated it to be slower than a 1070. quite significantly slower.

970 was launched in 2014. It's ancient and it's pretty shameful display from AMD if they can't clearly beat it.

>ashes
>DX12

Can't wait to play all 11 DX12 games!

pascal fixed maxwells DX12 slowdown issues, just like polaris fixed hawaii's DX11 slowdown issues.

As a current GPU owner of a 970/980 or 390/390x, the only reason to upgrade is for lower electrical bill or maybe lower heat if you have a fucking furnace for a GPU (290/390 owners).

Performance will be fine for 200$, it's great for anyone who has less than that, but if you have a 970/980 or a 390/390x and you're happy, why would you upgrade?

Especially you fucking idiots still on 1080p@60fps. There is literally one game I can think of that drops those cards below 60fps and it's a shit gimpworks game anyway.

1070/1080 are cards for 1440p@140fps or 4K@30fps

there's literally no reason to upgrade from those cards if you have a 1080p screen and don't plan to upgrade in the next 2 years. Just sit on what you have and be happy for once in your god damn life.

I can see why some 380 or 960 and below owners might want to upgrade to the rx480 though

that's the only relevant game in the world though for amd shills. they discard any benchmarks of witcher 3, fallout 4, rise of the tomb raider etc even though these are the most played games in the world and are all goty winners/nominees because of muh gameworks. they purposely cuck themselves by buying hardware they know will perform shit in the latest and biggest games compared to the competition and then blame their buyers remorse on everyone except themselves and amd.

for comparison here's my OC 980

yeah no shit i have yet to see a 1070 on aots tho..
oh wait......

pascal actually didnt fixed anything they just cranked up the clock and its using brute force on async
hence the regression you still see on higher resolutions due to the fact that it doesnt have any sort of hardware sc
computerbase.de/2016-05/geforce-gtx-1080-test/11/#diagramm-ashes-of-the-singularity-async-compute

there's a livestream on AMD's youtube channel

youtube.com/watch?v=ErYurM1cQYc

went there to check if there were any news (no sub) and found it playing live. The weird thing is that it appears to be a new game showcase, not something related with the Rx480.

bu----but today we learned 480 is behind a mere 970! now you heretics are saying that you will need a highly clocked 970 to actually reach it while its on 980 levels?
SHAME ON YOU to bring this kind of apocalypse to nvidiots /s

>in the uk

Not our fault you decided to Brexit and rekt the £.

970/390 are old stock but importing 480's will be more expensive now.

Delete this

>i3 in one test, i5 in the next
good job

i posted my 980 in another thread before with the firestrike benchmarks.

core clock is 1364 mhz.

why are you looking at anything but graphics score homie

lotsa russian dudes on the chat also.

do I get this or the 1070, holy fuck what do I do?

>being this retarded

you should be looking at the graphics score, retard. these are gpu specific tests which stress the gpu only.