AMD Radeon RX 480 Performance Leaked: On Par With GTX 970, Mediocre OC

wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-gaming-performance-review-leaked/

videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web

lol wcc and vcardz reposting the same shittier polnish benchmark that shows an heavy OVERCLOCKED 970 vs a stock 480.

which is totaly fine because a heavy oc 970 = stock 980 so the 480 perfoms just fine on 980 level.

>Mediocre Overclocking Capabilities
>14nm

holy fucking shit

AMD Bankrupt

let them fucking die out already

>1070 max stable oc possible is 10% stop cuck

W E W
E
W

L A D
A
D

Bad card is

B A D
A
D

Read the review, the 480 have a shitty overcloking tho...Keep your 970/390.

>Buying AMD
>Supporting terrorism

Pick two. And only two.

MRW when I saw the results

Samsung giving Global Foundries shit tech so Samsung can buy out AMD

>buying new process products at launch

MAXIMUM kek.

I'm waiting at least a year for the new nodes to mature. By then Nvidia and AMD will have their rehashes out and the node will be nice and cozy.

Always upgrade halfway through a node, never at the launch of one. The processes are hella expensive at launch, low yields, bad silicon, etc.

>Read the review
sorry, I'm from first world country.

>This means that a average overclock of 1350 MHz is possible with the Radeon RX 480 while anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card. It could be due to thermal instability due to the cheaper cooler design which we had discussed here.

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> it's OVERCLOCKED you guys!!

You've been spouting that shit in 5 different threads all day dumbass, the exact same argument over and over.

So what happens when you OVERCLOCK your 480 and get a 14% increase in performance?
> But it's better than a STOCK 980 b-baka nvidia shills!
> I-it was never meant to compete with this card anyway, it blows the 970 out of the water! That's what matters! AMD WINS

What if the 1060 will have 980 performance?

AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

>the Radeon RX 480 is said to cause lots of artifacts with a mere 5% overclock. A 7% overclock will cause the system to freeze entirely.

What the fuck...

>480 = 380oc

>just le wait xDD
>lol, saved my money, and a better card will be out in 6 months!
>enjoy your shitty GTX 1080 :DD in 6 months I'll have a 490 that performs almost as good!

The AMD-niche explained in a nuttshell:

>pjotr from the commieblock that wants to impress the kid from hallway 3A because he has a hot sister Yuliana but unbeknowst to him she already sucks mean western dick at 20€ an hour

>the AMD-neet that gets autismbux and must defend the honour of the only shitty card he can afford

>the kid that due to mom's allowance or by virtue of mowing lawns can only afford the AMD card

Life must truly suck if your only option is a card that gets beaten by a 2 year old 970.

wow just.............

wow

WAIT FOR THE DRIVER, with it it can achieve 980 performance

It's impressive that you interpreted my post as pro-AMD, when I'm actually making fun of all retards buying brand new beta silicon. Whether it's a 480 or 1080, you're a retard if you buy this trash.

I bought a 780Ti well into 28nm's life cycle, and I plan to buy an 1180Ti well into 16nm's life cycle, like a smart person (aka not you).

And I suppose the 980's performance will stay EXACTLY the same and generously wait for the 480 to catch up in about half a year?

>purposely waiting to buy a cuck tier poorfag card

literally fuck off with this shit, the 1080 is the most powerful card literally ever made, and it would be a mistake not to buy it. Thanks to BASED Nvidia, you can get an unmatched power from a single card that outperforms any shit tier AMDrone cuck card, especially the fucking firehouse fury, and there's literally no excuse for not buying a superior Nvidia card. Also any jelly AMDrone cuck that tries to rebute this needs to fuck off, one: there's no argument for superiority, two: AYYMD opinion dis""Carded""... Also don't expect anything near as good from AMDrone, the 490x? more like the 490nothankyou

>inb4 muh powerdraw
>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh powerdraw

fuck off, there is nothing from with a 450 watt TPD, and 100C is a temp the card was tested to run at, so it literally doesn't fucking matter.

I sold my gtx 970 like a year ago and have been rockin' the good ol hd4600 ever since, so it the rx 480 really got me amped up, especially with all this shilling going on on Sup Forums about it beating the 980.

Meanwhile, it barely catches on to the 970. It's still a good deal I guess, but only if the tdp is better than the 970. Maybe the non-reference 480 will overclock better.

>literally no excuse
Being poor is a pretty good excuse tho

well greentext'd my friend

1080 is GP104 and only high end

Top Tier flagships are GP102 / GP100 aka 1080 Ti / Titan which well see in 2017 probably

WAIT FOR VEGA
A
I
T

Those bullshit benchmarks show the 480's performance in Fire Strike Extreme decreasing once it's overclocked. The top set of graphs are so shoddy that they're not even labelled properly. If you're going to fake something, you have to make it realistic.

Probably never going to see it

>stock card at launch vs. maximally OCd card with a couple of years of driver support
>in goyworks games

top kek

why are you even arguing about that

why would you ever believe a $250 card would btfo the $500 ones ( looking at you people who thought the 480 would be on par with Ti once overclocked )

are you just fucking retarded

do you think amd or nvidia are there to make you happy ?

no they exist to make money and if a card costs $250 then its on par with another card that costs $250

Wow.

The ride never ends. You people didn't really expect some incredible deal did you?

It's a good mid range card and it's cheap. That will actually be fine for me. I can't be bothered buying the top end cards anymore.

Far out the shilling is in overdrive and the real benchmarks arent even out

When was the last time we had truly good value? the 4870? The 8800GT?

The GPU industry has really gone to shit. Wish AMD would stop sucking and bring the heat to nshitia.

I do not know where you got that number. Mine gets a solid 230MHz core offset which keeps my clocks above 2000MHz. It's more like a 12% in that instance, but I hit a power limit. Better 1070 SKUs will go higher

would my 390 be better for 1440k ultra wide than the 480?

That's assuming they don't bump down to 14nm next generation just because they can

Wait. For. Benchmarks...

AFAIK there's still no solid confirmation of whether GF's 14nm is superior to TSMC's 16nm. The 14nm is very slightly denser, but still might have more leakage or some shit like that leading to an overall worse process.

The 1070.

I believe the GP100 is what is in the Tesla meaning it would not be capable of gaming really. I think the titan and the 1080Ti will both run a GP102 core

>When was the last time we had truly good value?
Been using the HD7850 since 2010. I think I bought it for 300-350 dollarydoos. It's been unbelievably good value, which is why I wanted to wait for the 480 and stick with amd.

a 380x beat a 970 OC ?!?!?

TRAAAASHHHH

480x without drivers on pair with heavy oc970/980

HAHAHAHAHAHA NVIDIOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

It's proof that Nvidia is gimping older cards

KYLE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

ENJOY YOUR AYYMD HOUSEFIRES, AYYMDPOORFAGS

Most likely yes.

It's in the name dude. The 480 is just a faster 380. It's going to be the ultimate card in terms of price/performance for 1080p, but for 1440p you'll want the extra headroom the 390 will provide.

Or depending on how expensive the 390, you can just pick up a 480 for now and upgrade to a 490 when it comes out.

7850 was good but not incredible. Although if you got a model that could hit 1400-1500 it was pretty great.

>980Ti performance for $400 is considered good value now

Truly this industry is doomed.

More like Titan X level of performance.

anyone here fuck men?

If you don't like the prices, don't buy it. Wait for used or actual MSRP cards (which might not happen because NVidia fucked that one up hard)
The 1070 trades blows and barely overtakes the 980ti until you get into DX12 which the 980ti does not have native support for

The 980ti was also literally twice as expensive when it came out. If this isn't progress then I don't know what is.

1070 does go above 2050/21000 even with custom pcbs.

7850 2gb came out in March 2012. Bought a sapphire one at launch for $200 cad and still using it. Thing rocks. The whole 7xxx lineupwas beast.
Mine oc to 1200/1350 all day Np. Great card.

>20% performance increases
>50% price increases
>progress

Is it still worth buying if I'm building my first PC?

Or should I wait for GTX 980 (Ti) in a lower price?

Jaka szkoda że wyciekło.

I don't even know what you're trying to say.

I guess I'll be getting 2 1080 to make up for this.

You guys were shilling this shit so hard as the b second coming last week too. Not a bad card for $200 still, but that's completely unremarkable. I really should just learn my lesson and never take AMD hype seriously. It's the same thing every single time on Sup Forums.

APOLOGIZE Sup Forums

why is there so much shilling honestly

imagine if we had this autism for ram brands

>retards hyping up this card

Well, allright, business as usual.

Nothing to see here.

>implying it doesn't happen

just make DDR3 is as good as DDR4 thread and see how that will end.

I'm actually convinced there are Nvidia PR employees for on Sup Forums today.

7870 here, still kicking. Wondering if the 480 is a worthy upgrade or not for 1080p. 970 performance for 200$ is still a good deal right?

What if I want three?

as good as a 970 yet without crippling vram issues? sounds pretty good.

They really thought they'd get something above average for $200.

It's cute

Damn it, I knew it was impossible for it to be on par with 980 whilst being half the price.

Although I still keep living in denial unless I see some official benchmarks

no user, they do it for free

Alright, the card sucks, but there's no need to get buttblasted about it you retard. You sound like a paid nvidia shill trying to do damage control.

Guys I'm so sick of AMD.

Why can't they just fucking die already, all they do is make mediocre products and are always 3 years behind their competition.

A 970 with 8gbs of ram and low power draw for higher OC potential at $200 is literally nothing to scoff at.

R A D E O N
N
O
E
D
A
R

FUCK

I sold my R9 390 3 weeks ago on ebay to buy this because you guys were saying it could OC to Fury X performence and this shit is like the same performence I had before.

muh budget

>because you guys were saying
Are you unable to think for yourself?

>trusting Sup Forums
You deserve it

N
O
E
D
A
R

so, anyone remember those weird russian reviews of 1080? apparently they also were a lie

Seems like the 480 is the Farage/Boris of the gpu world. Promised so much yet is full of shit when the truth comes out
Bravo AMD bravo

It's really strange that every time there's a thread about this card, I see a shitload of idiots going "omg so many fuckin shills" and nobody actually saying anything except trying to discuss the information at hand.

Like shit, are you mad that this didn't happen last month with Pascal? Nvidia didn't have as many leaks, the fuck do you want?

Shut the fuck up about shilling already. $200 for 980 performance on a sub 150W part that has full DX12 support is the best deal PC gamers have gotten in years. It doesn't need to beat a 980Ti or even a 980. That's not shilling, it's a fucking fact and if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. I don't give a fuck if you buy it or not, and neither does 90% of Sup Forums, so piss off back to your anime.

Ye but I wus promised 980 lvl waaaaaa

It will drop in performance

well yeah, maxwell is useless without profile support and driver FOR EACH AND SINGLE GAME

>$200 for 980 performance
The point is that it is not getting anywhere near 980 performance as promised

Is the $200 thing true? If the 970 is still $250 I guess it might be worth looking at, just wish they told the truth instead of lying saying how great it will be. (Like they always do... Fiji, bulldozer...) guess one more day and I can read a review instead of all these shill posts.

>980 performance
End this meme please.

AMD failed, Nvidia increased their per core performance this generation by 50%.

Even if Polaris slightly exceeds the 390x its only a 25% increase per core and they were working with a much older arch. The 480 would have be equivalent to a Fury to match the performance gains we from comparing the 1070 to the 980ti.

Sad to say but Polaris is AMD just catching up to Maxwell.

It's not 980 performance Pajeet.

>RX480 shown performing worse than the R9 380X in some games and claims that it can't be overclocked
Something seems fishy about this review.

Last week it was up to 980ti performance.
Amazing how its dropped and now its again a budget card.

come on, just 23 hours left for real reviews

rx 480 was overhyped and is shit, wait for custom cards cuz the stock cooler will botteneck the fuck outta it. A custom card decently overclocked might actually match a gtx 970...

>980ti PERFORMANCE
>TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS

or wait for rx 480 to hit peak stock after refresh and buy a 390x once prices are slashed on the older generation #genius #listen to me

>as promised

Where the fuck did they promise that? First benchs were a slightly superior 970, and that's what finally is if this thread benchs are true.