Why can't AMD ever just win for once, lads? Why is everything they release a complete fucking disaster...

Why can't AMD ever just win for once, lads? Why is everything they release a complete fucking disaster? Are we doomed to pay the Nvidia tax forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899
i.imgur.com/Fdwnixz.png
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=1500mhz-overclocking-tool
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Nvidia and Intel are much bigger companies with much more money. Of course their products are going to be better. Get a fucking job or deal with AMD's shitty products.

Honestly if you have a card that's as good as or better than the 480 at this point then you don't NEED to get a new GPU.

If you don't have a card or yours isn't as good then you don't NEED to get anything other than an RX 480.

Basicall there is no reason to buy Nvidia cards anymore.

>not even out yet
>no real benchmarks
>Sup Forums shits on it
>card releases
>solid benchmarks
>still kept the price
>no one ever mentions the card again
Everytime. The same happened with the 1080 series because no one on Sup Forums can ever deal with the facts and everyone just wants to shitpost

We already have jobs. There are a lot of AMD faggots bitching "where is muh 1080 killer" i.e. vega. AMD is trying to make a quick buck with the RX 480 but it sucks for all us that have the higher tier cards from the previous two gens. At least we get to laugh our asses off when the benchmarks reveal the 480 is uninspiring and it's only good point is it's price.

AMD f'd themselves when they bought ATI and incurred massive debt. It was all downhill from there.

We have benchmarks though. It performs like a 970, or a stock 980 at best. People said it was going to be Fury performance.

>B-b-benchmarks don't count if they don't say what I want!!!
Face it, the card is shit. You've been able to buy a 970 for the same money for ages. Nobody wants that performance in 2016.

Benchmarks don't count until the product is actually out and the NDAs are lifted.
You see; respectable sites (ones that do reliable benchmarks) stick to the NDAs because they want to keep a good relationship with AMD.
So ones that don't are automatically unreliable.
Same is true for nvidia, I don't trust ANYTHING that comes out before the card's NDA about nvidia cards.

The main reason is that pre-release 'leaks' often exaggerate performance.

>People said it was going to be Fury performance

Said no one ever.

We knew since the fucking beginning it would sit between the 970 and 980.

Bullshit. Plenty of AMD shills said it was going to be Fury-ish performance. It's only in the past week when it's become clear that it's another failure that they've revised that down to 970+.

>Nvidia shills posting bait about Fury X/1070 performance
Nothing to see here. Move along.

said
no
one
ever

AMD will release current gen cards that are worse than Nvidia's last gen

Nvidia won't do the opposite

That is why Nvidia will always win

You fell for the bait, son

For 1080p perhaps, for 1440p no

still gonna buy it, if they keep to their promises with the price point.

also, non refererence rx480 when??

That image shows fury performance. Its now been backtracked from by that site. Reasonable to claim OC speeds approaching 980 ti from that image. I don't get your post.

The only way AMD is competing right now is price. Extrapolate from a 480 and a 44CU 490 up against the 1070 would have to be $300 to be viable.

Second week of July, probably start showing up around the 11th.

970 sucks in DX12

Congrats kid, your post is full of retarded.

>'Honestly if you have a card that's as good as or better than the 480 at this point then you don't NEED to get a new GPU.'

>'Basicall there is no reason to buy Nvidia cards anymore.'

So, tell me, what card by chance would qualify for the 1st scenario?

The answer negates the 2nd comment you fucking retard.

What the fuck?
I hate Indians now.

980/ r9 nano/ 390x

well the whole point of the card is to be good for its price

Wait, did you just include an Nvidia card in there?

Yeah, exactly.

>love how you used 980 and seem to forget about a few more recent models, 1070, 1080, announced 1060.

But you made my point basically.

But hey, there is basically no reason to buy Nvidia cards anymore.

Unless you want to the most powerful cards of course. Just that little fact..not important though right?

the most powerful cards in the whole universe maybe

REMINDER THAT AMD WILL LITERALLY TANK IN PRICE THIS UPCOMING WEEK. NVIDIA ALREADY PRICE MATCHED AMD ON THEIR RX480's WITH ASUS STRIX 970'S AT 239$.
AMD IS NOT COMPETITIVE BUT STRUGGLING. I HOLD AMD STOCK AND AM ABOUT TO LOSE ASS. FIND OUT HOW MUCH TOMORROW.

>1 shekkel has been deposited in your account

If you truely don't think that's a kick in the dick to AMD...well IDFK what you think.

Literally amd will be back to 4.70's tomorrow or possibly fall even further.

I'll start thinking about it once I have some confirmed stats on the rx 480 and that is tomorrow.

How come I dont see any price drops in 970 cards anywhere?? can you link example?

I will always buy Nvidia™ because I only play games The Way It's Meant to be Played™. Nvidia also pioneers innovative new technologies like PhysX™, Gameworks™ and the highest quality driver to ever grace Windows. When I boot up with a brand new Nvidia™ Geforce™, I can experience the game just like it's meant to be played. Nvidia™ also delivers a far more silkysmooth experience. Nvidia Geforce™ is also very power efficient. A graphic card is the most power hungry device in your house. Refrigerators, air conditioners, water heaters, dish washers, lights, etc all use significantly less power than a graphic card. Which is why Nvidia™ puts gamers first by ensuring that their gaming experience is of the highest quality while looking out for gamers by giving them the most value in their electrical bill. At this point in time, there's really no reason to consider an AMD graphic card at all. I tried one one time, it caused so much heat that it exploded. It also consumed so much power that it gave off an EMP and destroyed the rest of my computer. Nvidia™ also pioneered how useless GPGPU is with CUDA™. Years ago, everyone thought GPGPU, CUDA™, and OpenCL were the future. Now, Nvidia™ has removed those useless features from their GPUs and increased efficiency. Now you can save thousands a year in electricity thanks to Nvidia™ ensuring that useless features like GPGPU are "optimized" for gamers. It's quite clear that OP's an AMD shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than The Way It's Mean to be Played™. Nvidia™ is the only real way to play games. We have seen recently that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Nvidia Gameworks. He is probably too poor to afford the Nvidia Geforce Experience and can not afford to play any games The Way It's Mean To be Played™. Don't be a poor gamer with bad drivers and a huge power bill. Play games with the Geforce™ Experience™:

>literally

literally literally literally literally literally

literally

Lol benchmarks have been out and performance has been expected at this level for A WHILE.videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web
Wow I have to help you too...newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899

I want another 5850.

When will that happen?

>clearance prices of card no longer in produciton
>real

POO

IN

THE

FUCKING

LOO

Never. AMD aren't the company they once were. They simply can't compete any more. It's sad, but it's fact.

>using literally once
>mocks him
???

Even if the price is matched the 970 is the worse deal.

Not 4GB of RAM
Older tech
Driver support phasing out

That's 269 my man.

>muh rebt

it's $269

>confirmed benchmark
I don't care about those chink sources everyone likes to quote.

dx12 is a dead api though

uh..im sorry does rebate not = money back OOOOOOOOOOOOOR....?

amd zen will be good, right?

>Here in Poland CD-Action is not any kind of respectable hardware reviewer, this is gaming magazine. Also those charts are containing many mistakes, like 380X performing better than overclocked 970 is some cases. Overall not very reliable reviewer who also made a lot of mistakes in this particular test. Just wait until tomorrow or for leaks from some actual hardware reviewers, not randoms

you mean the one that showed a slightly oc 970 hitting a refrence 980 like +20 fps? that bench? right....
meanwhile on planet earth
i.imgur.com/Fdwnixz.png
it was a paid bench one of many we will see tomorrow...
unless someone is to believe the card somehow delivered half of its fse perf we already know it has

>site not even poles themselves trust is gospel on Sup Forums

Epic

I'm going for RX 480 simply because it fits my mATX case. Gigantic nvidia cards don't.

>everything they release a complete fucking disaster

>internet dorks, overblowing everything since 200something
>wait, what is the guy even saying
Oh wait, it was just bait.

So i am looking for a custom card.Why manufacturer should i go with?
I have no idea what are the differences between them.

What's the point of buying a top of the line video card when it will be outdated in a year's time?

which*

I was hoping for Fermi V Evergreen again. Not because of any brand loyalty; I buy what suits me best. Because I wanted competition and price wars.

Damn you, AMD. Damn you to Hell!

Thats a crossfire benchmark on top, as CF indicated.

I think some idiots on either side misread those benchmark.

Ayymdrones thought this means a 200 card can out perform a 600

Nvidiots thought this is a bench mark amd fambois used to brag how it will kill the fury or titans.

Now we see a a bench that's what most who can actually read deduced, both sides are going crazy.

Ie people can't read getting mad because they can't read

because you can brag about it for 10 months and then shit on the competition that release one that surpasses it

aka typical nvidiot

actually i expect it to give a good spank on 1070 on dx12...
that will be a really funny thing especially when deus ex comes and it will be heavy on async and compute

this thread man. nvidiots in in buyers remorse mode?

Nobody ever said that the RX480 is above the 980 in terms of performance. Getting an 8gb card with _actual_ dx12 still is a good deal.

Tthe mentioned polish magazine compared a stock RX480 with an overclocked 970. No parameters where given, could be a minor OC or could be a G1 superclocked card.

That said, if there is a single game where 980 > RX480 I am sure some poor souls will jump on it why it is not 1070 levels of performance.

At least wait until it's out before getting mad
Nvidia shillers on Sup Forums have made people think it's shit before the benchmarks are even out, that's impressive.
At least it tempers the massive disappointment when it turns out that the rumours were actually accurate (which they rarely are since the rumours are usually all over the map so you just remember the ones you like)

>20 FUD threads against AMD at the same time for weeks since nvidia is scared shitless
>a single thread posting an AMD ad and making fun of it gets pruned for "shilling"
Great site you've got there, chantards.

>Nvidia shillers on Sup Forums have made people think it's shit before the benchmarks are even out, that's impressive.
And AMD shillers made people think it was the second coming of the Christ just a month ago.

If Sup Forums is so shit, don't come here

Building a new computer soon. Have a ~$900 budget.

Should I go with the 480 or 390x?

I'm pretty sure companies pay for the right to spam threads here now. Its been like this for a few years. A ton of video games have been viraled on Sup Forums before and mods seem to actively defend it.

reddit want's you back

Wait for the rx490.

They didn't. nVidiots shat their pants so hard they temporarly lost all ability to think rationally believing AMD will release a titan X at $199.

Yeah, perhaps most blatantly with d44m and overwatch to a very slightly lesser extent. We also have proof of borderland shills and more. Now, shills existing is one thing, but the adminship being paid to protect them and literally banning people who dislike the product they shill is a bit much. Sup Forums was great 10 years ago, still browsable 5 years ago, but nowadays it's just barely better than nothing. I haven't been to traditional forums in forever, but maybe it's time.

It was never furyish people were recommending a sli config to beat a 1080 and be cheaper.

Honestly people are correct though games arent pushing the envelope anything. You dont need more than a 480 or two if you want larger resolutions.

I have no idea why anyone fanboys either company. Both Nvidia and AMD are needed to create competition. An Nvidia monopoly (and lets face it, it seems that only Nvidia could ever have a monopoly) would be bad for the end users.

I don't like Nvidias business practices, but I would buy one of their cards if it was the best option. I'd love to see AMD/Nvidia slugging it out, battling each other every step of the way to be the #1. Realistically, I can see Nvidia continuing to be superior until AMD is just not viable any more, which would be a real shame IMO.

>tfw 2 290's

480 still seems like a solid deal, though I'm more interested in the 490/490x.

Once again you retards from Sup Forums overhyped shit. If you weren't retarded then you should have known that it would be around the level of a 970 or 980.

For 1080p any card between $200-300 bucks is more than adequate. 200 series is still solid as is the 700 series.

Yes, that's certainly what happened.

AMDrones have themselves to blame for all this nvidia shilling. If you hadn't hyped up RX 480 to be as powerful as a Fury, you wouldn't have nearly as many people laughing about it losing to an aftermarket 970 in some polish benchmarks with little legitimacy. If you hadn't hyped up RX 480 to overclock to +1500 MHz, or even +1600 MHz, you wouldn't have nearly as many people laughing about the supposed bad overclocking of the card.

This is what happens when you hype up a product. Set realistic expectations next time.

Even a gtx570 can play about 90% of games maxed at 1080p.

yeah, took them 3 years to go from 3.5 to 4...

graphic card a LOO

You just need to buy 2...

>mfw retards who think this level of performance at this price is some ground breaking tech breakthrough by amd

all of this was to be expected by people who actually knew about shrinking process nodes and price per wafer. it's nothing special. nvidia will be able to match this 480 for about the same price and it still won't be anything special.

yes, it's good for its price but it'll be a bottom of the barrel offering come next year when the enthusiast cards come out and devs start building their games to take advantage of those new cards just like we're seeing with mirror's edge catalyst and it's absurd requirements to run the game on hyper settings. even a 390 which is currently considered to be one of the best offerings for 1080p (alongside the 970) struggles with its 8gb vram on mirrors edge hyper settings by averaging under 50 fps. this just goes to show that as devs start catering (and because of nvidia/amd asking them to) for the new cards, the 480, 970, 390, 1060 will become shitty cards for even 1080p. we all know that games are getting more demanding all the time and soon we'll all be forced to upgrade to 1070/490's which will become midrange offerings in a years time.

tldr; the 480 is good but not great and will be outdated in no time unless you enjoy medium settings.

By hype you mean you were browsing currytech and other shitty rumor mills? Sorry it's your fault for believing anything those clickbait blogs shit out everyday.

By hype I mean browsing Sup Forums whose resident AMDrones browse pajeettech.

For example
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=1500mhz-overclocking-tool

Think he meant every other post on Sup Forums in the last 2 weeks.

>first comment: wccftech

soz, bro. You have been baited. But you are not alone I guess. That said the curry journalists are also browsing Sup Forums so it is not unlikely that they post their shitty articles here themselves. Not implying Sup Forums would have any standard anyways.

a shit ton of shills on /g where claiming it. even shills on overclock.net where claiming fury performance. there was an article on overclock.net last month that claimed it offered nano performance.

there were dozens claiming it.

>You have been baited
Baited into what, exactly?

I've been around for enough GPU launches to know where to set my expectations. Many people were disappointed in the performance of 1080. I thought it was as expected. Many people were disappointed in the performance of 980. I thought it was as expected. There are still times when I'm caught off guard, but that's mainly in the positive direction.

funny thing is literally none of the other clickbait sites, even the shitty chink amd shill ones claimed it can hit 1.5/1.6 ghz. only wccftech claimed it. raja probably asked his indian buddies at wccftech to report it to make nvidia scared or something. indian's shill for each other so it is understandable.

yeah, only people who were baited were those who pre-ordered the cards I think. (as long as they return them and don't fall for the "new drivers will fix it" bs)

Please no.Don't crush my hopes like that.

Isn't this card supposed to be a budget card, not a high-end card?

No preference for either side, just wondering.

It's supposed to be a midrange card.

>literally brand new
>only supported on new hardware and OSes

>dead

The only thing dead here is your brain cells.

Oh please. We saw benchmarks from a magazine, print needs to get that shit down on paper earlier so they can actually distribute on time.

Nice revisionism.

AMD are the ones who need to produce something special to win people back. If this card had offered 980 performance at stock and overclocked to close to stock 1070 performance, AMD could have been a player in the GPU game again. Instead it performs like a stock 970 and barely overclocks at all. It's dead before its even launched.

Uh huh. I guess we already AMD's statements that the 480 would be "disruptive" and earlier shills saying you should sell your 970s/380s.

>compares OC 970 v.s. 480
>480 still wins
>hurrrrr 480 le performs le like le STOCK 970 XD
Fuck off shill.

>480 still wins

tip kok

shitposting is love shitposting is life desu senpai

You know what is going to be great about the 480? Its cheap, and will play anything at 1080p, which is honestly great. Most people do this anyways, since it starts to get really expensive to fully experience anything more. But if you decide to go and get a $700 1440 100hz ultrawide screen, well you can pick up a second 480 for $200 and it should be fine for most games. If you care about games, once you start playing you forget all about "muh graphics" right away as long as they are decent. The 480 is for the people who just want to play their games, without breaking the bank. You know that 80% they were talking about, let the idiots spend $800 on their "top tier", and get the 480 and have just as much fun as them.

Nvidia isnt bigger company though. They both have around 9k employees

That amd is stock non OC

But the 480 can barely overclock