youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQS_RLOKx4

Other urls found in this thread:

futuremark.com/hardware/gpu
overclock.net/t/1603915/polaris-owners-thread/40
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

graphics score of 23k

wew lad.

nvidiots btfo

The scores in the chart are BS. My 780 gets more than the 980 listed there.

OP here. I made this post but looking back at the video it's slightly confusing. They have 2 x 480's in the case. GPU-z says there are two cards there. But I cannot find any indication in the Firestrike results about it being a single card score. I cannot see it being a CF score either as it would be far too low. If anyone can find a screencap in there showing what is what I'd be interested to see it.

>2x 480
24,000 graphics score
vs
>1080

Both rounded up.

We have already had the SLI/CF argument. Nobody is aiming for the 1080 at $400 using CF. Let it die already.

Nvidiots on suicide watch!

Assuming a perfect 1:1 scaling, this would put a single 480 at 12,000 GPU score.

Still better than 980. Both reference models. OC 970 will probably reach higher. OC 980 will reach higher. AND OC 480 will reach higher.

Unless you want to play specific games that support it.

What really grinds my gears:

All this time you hear people saying that pc is the master race because supposedly you can get a gpu cheaper than a console and it will be able to play all titles maxed out at 1080p.

Meanwhile, the 480 is shit, and budget gaming is a meme. When the fuck did things go so terribly wrong? I remember the amd 4xxx 5xxx being supreme budget choices with great performance, fucking 660gtx being a beast.

Now you have to pay 500$ to get a decent gpu because nvidia gimps older cards. Why live

On AIB cards I would expect a decent OC but don't kid yourself on reference card potential. The reference card will be a good buy but not for overclockers.

Shenanigans and approaching the limits of what silicon can do. Intel have the same problem. Diminishing returns. All they can offer is more cores and better power consumption.

Yes in isolation its a useless chart since it doesn't denote whether is overall of graphics score, and doesn't list clock speeds.

>All they can offer is more cores and better power consumption.

But that should mean that gpus are becoming more economic and efficient. A card worth 250$ should be enough to play all titles maxed out 1080p at 60fps, and the technology is definitely there, but it seems there is so much fuckery going on behind stage, companies peddling stuff you don't really need at abominably huge prices.

>480 is shit
Nice meme. Its the best price/performance card in the market right now. For 1080p monitors and possibly medium setting on 1440p, this is THE card.

>I cannot see it being a CF score either as it would be far too low
you're right its much more likely that a single 480 scores higher than a 1080.

Oh, and even enthusiast gpus are ridiculous. For example the last Titan is supposedly extremely mediocre at rendering. A fuckin 1k$ gpu bad at rendering...

>the 480 is shit
Obvious shit posting, but
>and budget gaming is a meme
gave you away entirely. Seriously Chang, no educated person wants your chink shit. Fuck off.

It's OK the RX 480 has got you covered.

Are we seeing the same score? I see just over 13000 which would fall in line with a single card score. Maybe I am losing my marbles though.

graphics score is what matters

I still run a gtx660ti and an i5-3570k which will be considered medicore by most people nowadays.

While it is definetely true that the need to upgrade is smaller than ever due to a lack of higher performance of new cards, that doesn't mean that you have right now is bad.

With the specs named above, I can easily play any game pre-2013 with 150-300fps on my 144hz monitor, and all I see are people "hoping" that their new GPU can finally do 1080p at 60fps. That's insane. Like, learn about optimization first before wasting your money.

like BF4 and soon BF1

Oh? Is that a mean score against all other cards based on spec, cost and performance?

no the graphics score only takes the GPU into account, its far more reliable to compare GPUs across different builds

overall score is influenced by CPU as well so its not that useful

I can't wait to see where the 480 lands on this chart in the coming days.

futuremark.com/hardware/gpu

Same I switched my old gtx 260 ssc for my brothers 650 ti boost. So now paired with my 2500 sandybutt, and 850 evo, I can optimise it to get 60 frames at 1080p on my vizio 50 inch so what am I missing out on?

>The scores in the chart are BS. My 780 gets more than the 980 listed there.
Yeah, it's BS because you have a different CPU, you fucken retard. I would hope guru3d only changed GPUs.

>so what am I missing out on?
Ultra settings

>AAA gaming

I play Tibia m8, that is anything but AAA gaming

I'd say it will be around 14th or 15th, if large enough volume scores are posted.

The test in the video was not made on guru3d's test rig as well, so the score there is not relevant to the score in the graph according to your own logic.

There's less than 24 hours left until NDA lifts - why do people bother bickering over stupid shit and isolated tests until then?

When will the custom cards be aviable? I wanna get a 480 form Sapphire

It says the graphics score is 23806 in that vid.

there are already people with 480
overclock.net/t/1603915/polaris-owners-thread/40

and with that in mind that polish leak just got nuked
not that we didnt expected that..

lol look at that vr bench

my 980 with a 85mhz increase to core over the factory overclock. 1279 -> 1364.

i'm saying factory overclock since almost nobody uses reference nvidia cards anymore especially from the 900 series. most factory overclocks are similar to that 1279 mhz anyway.

take this result how you will. do comparisons or whatever.

Its dual GPU.

See for current fastest single card.

It's a single card. Granted it's got 2 GPU's on a sinlge PCB, but still.

What 980? What CPU?

Oy vey, delete this post. They're not going to pay me if they see this.

Not bad.

15441/12508 = ~23%

If RX480 can overclock 20%, then it should be around your overclocked 980 in terms of score. 3Dmarks scale well with overclocks, so I'd assume this would be the case.

but but muh nvidiots said it cant beat a 970

see

Those are graphics scores, you fucking cretin. CPU doesn't enter into it.