What happened to muh Sup Forums?

What happened to muh Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/S55300365
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gamer children.

mods so salty

best, honest, and open discussion in 6 months was occurring in that thread

Shitposting bonanza, just like OPs post.

Y mods so mean?

If they suppress any dissent about the state of the board, they don't have to do anything about it. Nobody wants to do more work than necessary on a Sup Forums moderator's salary.

OP:

What's wrong with it? I just got here and it honestly seems a lot better than other boards.

Computers and software are so good that they have given normies an overwhelming sense of confidence when they don't actually know shit

No boards are any better than any other boards.

>I just got here and it honestly seems a lot better than other boards.

Can you please go back to Sup Forums

How are you not normal? Please explain how you are not normal.

>What's wrong with it? I just got here

Instead of telling you to kill yourself and gtfo noob, I'm going to politely ask where you came from and how you found out about Sup Forums and why you find it enjoyable

Welcome, newfriend. 1st rule of Sup Forums is to not advertise how new you are.

He has autism.

I'm not normal because I know how to program and not just how to tap screen buttons in W10 and Android and therefore consider myself 'proficient with computers'

They get paid?

Gotta love how the mods deleted the previous thread. If he did his job, we wouldn't need this thread.

>Not sure if troll or honestly this new.

>shitty boards are currently invading Sup Forums

there ya go OP

Sans salaire

Salary = 0 USD was the joke

Easy

Technology and computing is becoming mainstream and the mainstream is cancer

Sure he does, every kid who loses his spaghetti around girls thinks he has autism these days. He just is an insecure beta, that's it, nothing special about him or 99% of all of you. Just insecure awkward kids who are scared of women. You will grow out of it, probably..hopefully.

there's no identity here

another byproduct of globalism

nobody feels at home so everyone resorts to shitty memes and squabbles about the most mundane shit imaginable

Interesting point. Surely you wouldn't think Linux is mainstream, or at the very least Linux specifics aren't. Programming microcontrollers or repairing laptops would all fall outside of mainstream as well. So maybe only in a very vague sense would you be correct imo

8 of the threads I'm filtering aren't even trying to hide the fact that they are Sup Forums leakage (see bottom two entries)

I am 21 and have had a 4 year relationship and fuck buddies etc...

But yesterday for the first time in my life I dumped spaghetti all over the floor in a Subway when ordering a sub. I played football and am not neet and never had social issues but just really went 100% beta mode for 15 seconds.

It was painful, and I know that many people do that daily, but it isn't autism.

Sooo, a guy that can repair a car..is he normal? How about a musician? An artist? A biochemist? Electricians? Plumbers?

Do you see how fucking stupid you are?

You are not special. You have interests or skills. Just like everybody has.

The community is getting too big to maintain a coherent identity.

Same problem across all the 4chans, and many websites in general.

Yikes
This. I fix cars and then go fix XOrg on my Arch laptop. Aint neither of em a thing

>He just is an insecure beta

for anyone over 30? no. but for the kids, certainly. This is a generation that has been brought up on minecraft and after-school coding/programming classes (code combat, etc). Look at scratch. Girls who code. Etc, etc. My nephew is 9 and owns an arduino, his own laptop, and instead of going to basketball camp, he's going to programming camp. People know the direction we are headed (an age of abundance optimized by computers) and are preparing accordingly.

What about reddit? Relatively massive community but they don't seem to have any troubles aside from the occasional rebellion against the admins. Is it simply the basic differences (votes,non-user,more organized communities with leaders that can be held accountable) that prevent this?

Very solid argument tbqh. I grew up on a farm and am relatively old so I don't know much about this kind of stuff. I learned my shit from my dad and then the internet, never a public institution

Voting system plus their standards are much lower. Don't believe me? Give /r/circlejerk a chance. It's the only good subreddit

There is no field more "in" right now than computing, that was the point I'm making.

As to your examples, it would be as if little timmy thought he was a car expert because he can drive himself to the store or bought an expensive car. It would be like a kid that just started playing the clarinet thinking he was a pro musician. A fingerpainter that thought they would be opening a gallery.

We've attributed "using computers" to "being good at computers" when that isn't remotely the case

A small subreddit can have like 50 mods.

And entire Sup Forums board with a topic as general as "technology" probably has 3 or 4 mods.

And I'll add on top of that, that as the interaction between humans and computers becomes more abstracted, this is only going to become more of an issue.

Have you seen a 'power' windows-user try to master linux for the first time? They can't wrap their head around it because the whole idea of scripting, commands, options, pipes, etc has been hidden from them. They are really good at running ccleaner, doing windows updates, maybe running hijackthis, doing some registry 'tweaking', disabling spyware, etc. None of that translates to programming, design, scripting, etc. Yet they are considered computer experts by their friends. Subsequently they come to this board and don't understand why linux users think their skills are useless.

Let's not forget the influx of summerfags. Only 2 more months lads

What do you mean? I see nothing wrong here.

This.

I currently have 80 threads filtered.

Roughly what percentage is that?

Assuming you basically come here for a single general. Based on your pleasant demeanor I would guess /csg/

I hate you

I have csg filtered.

Consumerism is what killed Sup Forums.

The only general I sometimes visit is dpt

>Go to your terminal and type sudo apt-get install screenfetch , say yes if they ask you you're sure. Then when done type screenfetch and post what it says under GPU

This is now the Sup Forums-recommended way of finding out what GPU you are using

shit were always like this, roll with it.

My eyes just watered up reading that whole post.

Sup Forums is dead

rate my filters

Unfortunately I'm here daily for about 2 hours on the mobile alone, the filters are just about for shitposts, consumerism and tech hints request.

If I wanted to see all of that shit, I'd go somewhere else.

If you added an nVidia filter you could literally filter all of the Sup Forums leakage

(OP)

What deleted thread are we even talking about here. I was asleep until recently so I don't know what was shut down. Could somebody please explain quickly?

It was an exact copy of this thread that was going well and the mods shut it down. Weird that they left this one alone

> (OP)

I'm not too sure what it is, but it feels like Sup Forums's had a different "feel" to it after 2012. That's when generals started populating blue boards, correct? This site has always been a hub for low quality posts, but it's like it's a different sort of low quality now. I don't really know how to explain it but a lot of the boards I've frequented over the years absolutely do seem different now.

Yeah, I added /Nvidia/i and a few more. List it too big to screenshot now

You're older and our current younger generation is posting. That is about it, the infamous gap.

Pretty decent

rbt.asia/g/thread/S55300365

So where do adults discuss technology? There must be enough of us to create demand, right?

this

thanks, g

Reddit? Not sarcasm

lol off by one each time, tfw you are not worthy

/r/linux and /r/linuxquestions and /r/insertdistrohere are even more cancerous than Sup Forums