Windows 10 will only be free for one more month

>windows 10 will only be free for one more month

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/253901/get-windows-10-for-free-after-july-29th-with-a-little-prep-now/
ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>windows
>free
>ever

>buying windows
Literally wat

Will I finally be able to update my Win7 after that?

I still have a big activate windows 10 watermark on mine.

"free"

if i make a bootable usb while its still free, will i still be able to install it after july passes?

Nah because it was a free update, not a free install.

If you update to it then your PC will have a permanent license for it, so if you decide to remove Win10 you can just go back to it any time you want and be activated

Good thing I'm using Trisquel GNU/Linux.

Good thing I already upgraded on all my devices. Suck it, nerds.

>tfw using debloated w10 while having nothing to hide

>Windows
>not GNU

Inb4 when month is up they announce it's "free" forever

Get cucked win10 faggots

>tfw sharing my bizarre fetishes with microsoft

Give me one reason to upgrade from my Debian and Windows 8.1 dual boot.

>debloated w10
That's cute

If you already have a Win 7 license consider doing this:
- Make backup
- Clean install of Win 7
- Activate
- Upgrade to Windows 10
- Make a clone of the HDD (try Clonezilla)
- Save the clone
- Install Windows 7 and use DAZ Loader to activate.

Congrats, now your legit Win 7 license is now a Win 10 that you can use when you want by cleaning the HDD and restoring the clone.

Leave it on "check before downloading or installing updates." The spyware updates will still be sent to your system if you set it back to automatic.

I might do this since i love windows 7 but want to give 10 a try. thanks user.

you lose your license the moment you install windows 7 again.

>You upgraded to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
>Digital entitlement

>Activating after reinstalling Windows 10
>How you activate Windows 10 after reinstalling it depends on how Windows 10 was originally installed on your device.
>If you activated a free upgrade to Windows 10 or bought and activated Windows 10 from the Windows Store, you have a digital entitlement for your device. This means you can reinstall the same edition of Windows 10 that your device has a digital entitlement for without entering a product key. During reinstallation, if you’re asked to enter a product key, select Skip. Windows 10 will automatically activate online after the installation is complete.
Taking away the digital entitlement would be wayyyyyyy too much effort on Microsoft's part. They didn't even deactivate the free copies of Win 8.1 Pro that people got via the WMC loophole.

>windows 10

Same here. Are these fools really thinking we're going to buy it?

>Linux

the oem key of windows 7 is built into the serial number of the cpu. if you put windows 7 on it overlaps your windows 10 key.

No, the Windows 7 OEM key is based on the SLIC table in the BIOS. Specifically, on Windows 7 it is under OEM Activation 2.0, where the key for a given edition for Windows on one manufacturer (e.g. Windows 7 Home Professional on a Dell) is the same for millions of PCs, meaning Microsoft cannot easily differentiate a legitimate PC from an illegitimate one using a loader like DAZ.

DAZ and other loaders that used OA 2.0 for cracking Windows Activation were a big problem, so in OEM Activation 3.0 (starts with Windows 8) all keys are still in the BIOS on the motherboard, but they're unique to the computer and tied against serial numbers on the motherboard.

Dozens of articles support the fact about testing downgrades and still being licensed on the lower version, as well as retaining the license on a higher version, which you can google freely.

But user, it was never free

Can we pirate 10 yet?

my niggas,

i would rather chop my fucking arm off then pay for that shit

Not effectively. You can fake KMS activation, but in my experience that always fails eventually.

If you pirate 7 with DAZ, then upgrade to ten - that should remain effective.

Underrated post

Can validate. Installed 7, used daz, updated to 10 no problem

Good. I am eagerly waiting for the time where it ends so Microsoft can remove those FUCKING FORCED UPDATE BULLSHIT! FINALLY!!

Or, they'll probably "extend" it.

agreed,
>"Free Forever"
publicity stunt.

But what about when microsoft finally comes out with Windows Next?
What then?

What happens when you change hardware and Win10 is no longer activated?

You call the Activation phone number and tell pajeet it's the same PC, I promise and they push activation through.
In practice the only upgrade to hardware that regularly causes this issue is a motherboard replacement.

>free copy of 7, 8.1 and 10 through school

Literally indoctrination

>using KMS activation from a fixed executable on a local location that Windows Activation Technologies can detect and remove/ignore
uhhhh, ok, enjoy having activation for a few months bro

Just do this then

howtogeek.com/253901/get-windows-10-for-free-after-july-29th-with-a-little-prep-now/

>windows 10
aaaaaaaaaa

[citation needed]

either
1) buy windows. it's less that $100
2) don't buy windows. it fucking sucks

It was never free, you're paying in privacy.

Checked

>free
It's not free as in freedom

Can I have that wall user

I'm considering using that but I don't want to replace the wifi card in my t60

Except if you upgrade your hardware you wont be able to do a clean win10 install

are cheap win7 licenses with coa and sticker per mail legit?
12 EUR is ok, to get win on my x220t and sell it again.

Microsoft is actually making this easier, if you sign in with a Windows 10 account. All prior digital entitlements are associated against your win10 account; then if you sign into a new install of windows and it doesn't recognize the digital entitlement, you can "pick" the computer you are having trouble activating (which might be one you actually replaced). If the automated troubleshooter can't migrate the license to the new hardware you can always call pajeet at the toll free number and tell him you got the closest possible replacement.

>not using the latest and greatest software without the baggage

That's cute. Do you also drive a 90s car because you're afraid of automatic locks?

>windows 10 account
meant microsoft account

it's not REQUIRED, but it maintains the activation IDs on a cloud service, which makes recovery easier in case of sudden mobo/drive failure without expert tools.

There is literally zero reasons to upgrade to10.

Install GWX control panel if you want to keep your Win7 install free from Win10 botnet updates.

ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

>osx

build your own

I would've to get paid to use Windows 10.
Fucking useless hacked around mess.

good

Fedora will always be free.

Last time I checked it had around 100k seeders and the kms emulator had like 50k seeders. Which tracker did say that, OP?

>tips

good thing my new pc will arrive tomorrow next

August cant come fast enough.

Anyone know why I wouldn't be able to upgrade my 8.1 install to 10? I've tried and it won't accept my license. I find it funny because I know a bunch of people who were upgraded without asking.

>there are countless people on Sup Forums falling for memes instead of enjoying the greatest os of all time, free of charge

>Pepe poster
Fuck off to Reddit

I'm getting a skylake setup at the end of the month this sounds better than before.

bumping for my question. anyone know if these cheap licenses are legit?

>last windows ever
>won't be free forever
It won't last seven months, install gentoo.

>if you don't upgrade now, windows 10-tan will never give you her pussy.

TOUKO'S...

PUSSY

>beyond the age of breast growth

disgusting

Fuck off hebe

No body cares frogposting Sup Forums manchild

This. Might not be immediately after, but definitely within 1-2 years it will go permanently free.

>update to Windows 10
>no audio anymore

JUST

>implying that's a bad thing

>update to windows ten
>audio gets distorted in the background no matter what I do
>installs the realtek drivers
>same thing
>revert to windows 7
>literally perfection, no audio problems
""""""UPGRADE"""""

>Mint
Accept lubuntu into your heart

I'd accept Mint into my SSD if you know what I mean.

I am already flowing within a multitude of endless possibility provided by the glorious botnet and what's your excuse linuxcuck?

Nice fake story.

Do you have any idea how a computer works?

Literally cannot hear you

Thank you Mr. Rasjeet, can I get my Windows 7© Points™?

I bet you use proprietary software

>can't choose which updates you do and do not want

please vulkan destroy directx 12

If you tell me your audio hardware ID and I find other stories on the internet maybe I'll believe you.

What happens if im already on 10 via upgrade and then buy a new mobo?

Did you really thing people will take you seriously, dumb frogposter?

What update don't you want.

Have you ever heard of "drivers that are not made compatible for a specific version of windows"?

It's some built in realtek thing. It stopped working today

the one that restart my computer when i'm busy doing other things

So you go to your "Unknown Device" in "Device Manager" and grab the hardware ID. Or if you're back on Windows 7, you can just find the audio device in the Device Manager and get the HWID

Unless of course, this audio problem is a fake story.