Which linux distro is THE BOMB?

So I'm getting a linux distro for my server. Which one is the GREATEST?

None. Install SmartOS.

Hannah Montana Linux.

Puppy Liunx.

They're all shit.

>Arch Linux
>because it uses pacman and I like that

Ubuntu. I like lots of documentation and repositories.

And every server should have a riced out wm.

mint for servers

arch for everything else

both are THE BOMB ESPECIALLY ARCH

I would recomend a VM-host on which you can build your services, etc.

Also I would recommend taking a look Ingo docker, which should run on all the different operating-systems listed below.

Redhat:
Industry-leading variant with paid support. KVM is the Plattform used for VMs.

Fedora:
Redhat without support. Also KVM, but more "consumerish" solutions are available like VMware-Workstation and Oracle Virtual-box.

CentOS:
Haven't used it heavily. Feels like fedora/Redhat thought. Same VM-solutions.

Debian/Ubuntu:
Probably the easiest way to go. Easy to use package-manager and TONS of packages. Same for VMs.

ESXI: (runs a linux-kernel)
VMwares "OS" is a "bare-metal hypervisor", which has many features - which you'll have to pay for. But a single ESXi-host works too. Management of VMs is fairly easy too.

Debian, this is undeniably the GREATEST GNU based OS in the world

I like Windows.

well stop liking what I dont like.

Linux from scratch

What does the server do?
most people use ubuntu server since its easiest to setup and manage

I would strongly recommend openSUSE for a first-time headless install. Running YaST with the curses interface is a beautiful thing if you've ever tried to unfuck debian

is it retarded for me to install a de and use that to configure a headless server and then uninstall it?

>The year of our Lord 2016
>still saying the 'bomb' or 'da bomb'

It's almost as if you've completely forgotten about 9/11, or maybe you just don't care, you insensitive fuck.

Anyway, how sophisticated of a setup do you need? If it's a simple boot and forget server, look into OpenBSD. Man that shit is phat, or radical, or groovy, or maybe even all three at once. Otherwise FreeBSD is real funky funky fresh. I guess Linux is OK if you aren't a real cool cat, and want a one-way ticket to squaresville, honkey.

Install gentoo

So does Manjaro, which is way less autistic

This.
Everything else is a meme, specially

Moebuntu

BombOS. It's a variant of RTOS designed for bomb making.

Ache linux

porteus

Amazon Linux on EC2

Depends on what you are using the server for and what kind of server. Is it a vps or a real bare metal server? Are you going to host a few basic low traffic websites on it? Are you hosting a large traffic website on it? Is it a mail server? Etc etc. Define your use case and then decide on which tools will be best for the job.

This

CRUX

B-but the third party managing the Manjaro website's SSL certificate dropped the ball a couple of times, so the distro is incompetent and can't be trusted!

kek

>It's almost as if you've completely forgotten about 9/11, or maybe you just don't care, you insensitive fuck.
where do you think you are faggot?

ARCHLINUX

If serious and not a memer, either:
RHEL or Fedora , CentOS if you want stable and free.

SUSE is a really good option too.

Ubuntu server if it's not anything really important.

This.

Derick Savage is going to sue you for copyright-infringing his content.

it is because it'll probably leave a bunch of traces

>on Sup Forums
>doesn't post Sup Forumsentoo