With Tesla """"""""""this"""""""""" far ahead into the self driving car game will Google, Uber or Apple ever catch up?

With Tesla """"""""""this"""""""""" far ahead into the self driving car game will Google, Uber or Apple ever catch up?

To be honest, I don't like the idea of tech companies building cars. Most of these people don't even drive.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of doctors healing people. Most of these people don't even have diseases.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of people attempting to improve others' quality of life. Most of these people were never really alive in the first place.

>To be honest, I don't like the idea of tech companies building cars. Most of these people don't even drive.

The model S, while it is an exceptional car in many ways, it suffers from cargo cult silicon valley thinking.
For example the giant Ipad console thingy that controls almost everything. I don't think Mercedes or BMW o GM clutter their cars with buttons and rotary dials because they are stupid. Sometimes you want to actuate the air conditioning or change station just with your muscle memory, without ever having to navigate to the specific submenu. But no, let's get rid of buttons that people have to use everyday, because MUH APPLE MINIMALISM.

>it suffers from cargo cult silicon valley thinking.

Which is already in demonstration in this thread.

1. You don't have to rely on muscle memory when the car has autopilot

2. You can voice control everything on the console

I don't trust bike riders designing cars

>To be honest, I don't like the idea of tech companies building cars. Most of these people don't even drive.
Yeah, because cars and the unique driving experience are magic that only traditional car manufacturers can produce. The truth is, most people don't give a shit about driving, it's cumbersome, it's dangerous and it's a huge waste of time. As soon as people realize that autonomous driving is not a fantasy, nobody will want to drive cars any longer.

>2. You can voice control everything on the console

Absolutely disgusting

>this is your car in 2020
No, that is a car in 2020. I'll still be driving something from before everything went to shit.

just because google doesn't have a consumer product available doesn't mean they aren't ahead. Google's self driving cars are better than teslas autopilot by a long shot. Once they finally come out they'll be in the lead

>literally a botnet car

yfw 2020 is 3 years ahead
no way this will happen before 2040

>Access
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Please tell me that the Uber meme has not been so far along that people are seriously thinking about them making cars.

No you idiot. It's supposed to mean that you can order a ride for these automatic cars via Uber

I rather"drive" a car made by this consortium
Peugeot engine
BMW dipstick
Gm interior and cost cutting methods
Fiat reliability
Pontiac styling
Tesla handling
GMC pricing

>self driving cars
What if you want to drive on a road that's not on the builtin map? Like your driveway?

>I need a car that matches my manly attitudes. Driving is freedom or something similarly cheesy.

>try to pull a hektik skid
>nu-male car takes control, pulls over to a nearby curve before you can actually dorifto and delivers a stern lecture on how dangerous what you just did was
>cuck car locks doors and delivers you to a mandatory problematic driving reformation course
>it drives off midway through to pick up you are wife's son, leaving you stranded
>Turns out the botnet car reported you to the NSA, after taking the bus home you realize you are banned from using your Windows PC as punishment for your dangerous maneuvering

What a time it will be to live

speaking of tesla, I heard an interesting question about them the other day. if a tesla gets stolen, is it then known as an edison?

Got to ride in some newer BMW last month, it had a massive touchscreen console for gps/radio/junk and another smaller one for car sensor display iirc. I'd say they're also catching up on this meme. Anyone know the model I'm thinking of? Can't seem to find it via google

>not giving you a drive course locking the doors while the cops come to give you a ticket.

And I don't trust inattentive idiots driving cars.

The sooner we get automated cars, the better it will be for everyone.

kek'd

1) The Tesla affiliated drivers course would then get cut out and wouldn't receive any money
2) you receive the ticket in the mail later anyway, your car constantly sends "telemetry" to the local police station

LOL, 100% not

t. Asian women

It's nothing to do with being a man. I just enjoy driving and won't let some computer take that joy away from me.

obviously not 100% but he is right. The vast majority of people will not drive a car again once truely autonomous vehicles are available. A small niche of people who truely love to drive will have a second (or third) car that is a driving machine that you would take to a track and drive. I wouldn't be suprised if non-autonomous vehicles are banned on public roads within our life.

I bet Asian women drive better than you if that offended you.

I'm so sick of having to watch out for retarded drivers doing retarded shit on the road.

Kek maybe if you stopped blaming other people's lack of attention for your own mistakes behind the wheel you wouldn't feel so assblasted

t. Bad drivers around the world

>projecting this much

It's okay if you made a few mistakes and pissed other drivers off, as long as nobody got hurt.

I will always and forever drive a stickshift

maybe one of their i models, they're the more "futuristic" cars from bmw

HA HA EPIC MEME BRAH

>damage controlling this much
I remember when I was underage and learning to drive, i'd recommend driving a BMW, people will just think youre an asshole instead of incapable of operating a vehicle

If someone hits the rear end of your car then it's their fault in practically every scenario. So that means at least 40% of all accidents in the US are guaranteed to be caused by a shitty driver.

>everyone who disagrees with me is samefag
>more ad hominem
>i'm butthurt because i can't afford a decent car
>u are underage meme

nice ms paint kiddo

Nice lack of an argument.

I can see that your the butthurt is bothering you, so I'll leave you alone. I might check back later to see if you have any other reasoning behind your ad hominem but I doubt it.

When did I ever suggest anyone was samefagging? You are the one who seems to require a self driving car to cover their own incompetency, and thats fine, but dont force that on everyone. The reason I instantly pinned you as a bad driver is because you are blaming everyone but yourself for mistakes. I have to drive 45 minutes to and from work everyday, and while their are obviously poor drivers, I have very little problems for the most part. Stop fucking up and maybe you'll see the amount of incompetence on the road decrease.

>i constantly throw old technology in the trash for the latest shiny toy

Kek. Tech companies constantly release beta shit. That doesn't fly with cars and shit.
They're also slow, and heavily targeted by malware and what not.

I'll stick to my Honda, thank you very much

People who don't know how to drive should honestly be shot on sight. It's embarassing that you have full grown men who do not have driver licenses these days. Every time I ride the bus it's always full of poor people and beta hipsters who think that they are saving the environment or some shit by refusing to drive. Public transportation is a mistake. Driving should be a standard part of compulsory education.

>le Edison stole from Tesla maymay

Literally rddit

Tesla was a madman and a fool who had a sexual relationship with a pigeon. Literally the only thing he was right about was AC power. He was given millions in grants and blew it on his failed schemes. That's why he died broke.

>autopilots In to a tree
>loud music playing, so cad can't pick up voice

Nice. The future is great guys

THERE IS NOTHING CUTE ABOUT TOMATOS YOU FAGGOT

>You are the one who seems to require a self driving car to cover their own incompetency

I'll say this again:

>projecting

Unlike you, I'm not saying I'm infallible or never make mistakes, I'm saying I'm sick of retards trying to commit suicide with my truck. I can't stand it when people fuck up and blame me for their retardation.

Not him but
>truck

Fucking kill yourself. You're literally cancer on wheels. There's nothing more annoying than truck drivers. This includes everything from a SUV, pick up and onwards. Like seriously, you make ricers and those stupid Arab fucks driving daddy's BMW look good

>he doesn't understand that some occupations require you to drive a truck, including semi trucks.

I agree with you on the SUV part, those things are certified cancer. Useless at hauling things too.

>CUTE=TOMATO

Kill yourself, cringy tripfag

There's a difference between being infallible and knowing what you are doing. Driving at speed on congested highway means that a mistake will generally do costly damage to my car at the very least, I simply can't afford to make mistakes there, so I keep my concentration up and don't act like a man child. I'll admit that trucks are different, and idiots driving near a truck magnify the amount of danger they put themselves in. That doesn't mean that you have to force a self driving car on everyone, I appreciate what I currently drive.

Computers can filter out their own noise since forever.

>has a raging autistic tantrum
>gets btfo
>is currently nowhere to be found

I'll probably lose my job to automation before everyone is forced to have a self-driving car. But it would be nice if the people who need to use a self driving car would choose that option.

In the city, there is that option - the bus. In the less crowded areas, it tends to be less of a problem because there is less people sharing more road.

>implying

This is true for me. Driving my car is extremely boring compared to my motorcycle.

>the bus

Enjoy being late to work and getting fired because the bus was late.

Besides, people apparently can't survive without the luxury of being behind the steering wheel.

>cancerous fruit changed his trip again

Well, guess it's time to update my filter.

Filter him by name and it'll take care of trip changes

WATCH OUT GUYS THE VTEC IS KICKING IN

WATCH OUT GUYS THE MIDLIFE CRISIS IS KICKING IN

Someone fucking gets it

I have a voice-controlled car. Unless it's something complex like "Show me directions to Susan's house," physical controls are faster (changing temperature, music, etc), and I use those much more often in a car trip.

car2go would be better as uber has nothing to do with this.

I really like the current tesla method of drive assist, where it has adaptive cruise control and can also handle lane changes and such while you're able to manually override anything and take control of your vehicle instantly.

that's pretty much the situation, you should never be so close to the vehicle in front that you can't brake in time for any scenario other than a teleporting mutant suddenly being in front of your grill.

Oh no it isn't motherfucker. I'm not driving anything with modern computershit in it. I can't even stand electronically-assisted power steering, which is at least 10 years old.

t. automotive luddite

>tfw there are people like this
>tfw there are people that are afraid of self driving cars

>I don't trust bike riders designing cars

What's the matter? Are you feeling insecure, car cuck? This is the future and there's nothing you can do about it.

WHY ARE NO CAR KEKS REPLYING TO ME?!

some people enjoy the human-machine mechanical interface

fuck these digitizations