Give me one authentic reason to use or switch to linux

give me one authentic reason to use or switch to linux

enjoy your no control over your os faggot

You have complete control over your system. Feels good to work hard, buy something and own it, then control everything on it.

If you need others to convince you, you are probably better sticking with what you use.

its free.

and legit
unlike a free torrent on a cracked windows 7 iso

get all your apps from 1 place and update them with 1 click

but i'm not going to convince you, just use whatever you feel comfy with

just because its free doesnt mean its good

Are you a hobbyist? Then Linux is for you.

yeah but its still a legit reason to use it
its free

it doesnt cost 100$+
it doesnt require a key
it doesnt require registry online

free

But being free is one authentic reason to use it, and that's what OP is asking for

Enjoy your silly botnet.

I have an authentic love for the linux ecosystem.

I installed Zorin. Couldn't get it to display the right resolution, couldn't even install the propietary graphics. So much for user friendlyness. If I need to go through a lot of trouble to install a fucking driver in linux, I might just stick to widow$. It just werks.

>widow$. It just werks.
it was literally made for you

I'd install Fedora or get freedom respecting hardware and run Trisquel.

Pointless (bait) thread. However, if you're not just being a meme shitlord, check the sticky.

Just because its popular doesn't mean it's good either

>inb4 1% "market share"

give me one authentic reason to shit in the street

Privacy and security. The only reason to run windows is software availability. I never use windows outside a cuck VM

So you can gain a greater appreciation for the comforts of osx or windows.

No, really. I used linux for a solid year and when I finally got fed up with typing shit I don't quite understand into the terminal to make some program work, I went back to Win7 and have never looked back since.

Casual users don't need to use the terminal.

Linux also let's you customize the UI, so you could style it after Winblows or OSeX

I couldn't care less if you use it or not. I will assume you're a dumbass that doesn't belong on a technology board for thinking it's pointless though.

fast
light
stable
easy to update
easy to install a software
you don't care about malwares
you got the choice of the softwares you use
it doesn't spy on you
it is free as in freedom
it is free as in free beer
you can customize as you want
you can easily report a bug, ask for a feature on a software you like
it is more reliable than a proprietary software
If you want you can learn how such a system works
it is a better platform for developers

Something that is more discutable but that I will consider as a good thing :
you have better performances on linux than windows or OS X when you play games.
That's discutable ofc, but that is true since 2012. The issue isn't the OS. It's the manufacturers that doesn't always provide good drivers and more important, devs that doesn't optimize their shit for linux. If they are made for linux and windows, then it runs as well or better than the windows version.

Now can we move on and stop having those useless threads ?

Do you even know what deprecated means? We don't really care. I don't want people like you in the Linux community anyway.

/v shitpost is rampant today.
And turbo autists fall for this kind of shit.

>I don't want people like you in the Linux community anyway
Fucking this

free as in freedom

>stable
I wish
>home partition is full
>suddenly, KDE deletes every preference and customization changes I did for no reasons
it happened more than once to me. yes, >KDE

>Instead of the learning experience it offers I chose to be a complete retard. I use Window's now. It's perfect for children and stupid people.

>KDE is Linux

>I wish
How is it not stable ?
>inb4 pacman updated xorg and broke my arch install

as far as I'm a freetard that enjoy gnu/linux, he is right. KDE is somehow part of it in the end. It's a popular DE that people use.
any link to the bug ? I wonder why and how it happens

Bash. Privacy respect. Security through Insecurity.

But to be honest we don't want retards like you in our community.

>give me one authentic reason to use or switch to linux
Why would i do that?

if you personally don't have reason to switch then don't and most of all don't open threads like this

It just werks. Not kidding. if you don't choose a meme 1337 haxor distribution, you will have way less problems. I use lmde2, it runs perfect ootb on all machines I tried, from fat CAD Workstation over business PC to meme chinkpads and poorfag netbooks.
I say this as a MCSE since 2000 and sysadmin of a heterogenous environment. Windows (especially 10) is pure shit, compared to good linux distributions.

>>home partition is full
Wow retard