AMD Radeon RX 480 Performance Leaked: On Par With GTX 970, Mediocre OC Thread#2

wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-gaming-performance-review-leaked/

videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web

>the Radeon RX 480 is said to cause lots of artifacts with a mere 5% overclock. A 7% overclock will cause the system to freeze entirely. This means that a average overclock of 1350 MHz is possible with the Radeon RX 480 while anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card. It could be due to thermal instability due to the cheaper cooler design which we had discussed here.
Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=186&sort=a8&page=1
twitter.com/PellyNV/status/747805063519731713
links.hr/hr/graficka-kartica-pci-e-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-ttoc-4gb-ddr5-dvi-hdmi-dp-051800043
youtube.com/watch?v=eUiaJXLoKnE
vemil.hr/proizvod/msi-gf-gtx-960-gaming-2gb-gddr5-1304mhz-oc-mode-dvi-hdmi-3x-dp/42725/
videocardz.com/61557/rajas-super-secret-cigar-stash
hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How much do you get paid per thread? What are you going to do when the proper reviews come out in a few hours?

What a surprise, AMD fails to deliver yet again.

>gtx 970 costs over 300$
>rx 480 costs 200$ and performs similar
>"HURR DURR AMD SUCKS"
fuck off shill

How likely is it Nvidia waited for the 480 benchmarks/reviews to finalize pricing on the 1060/1050/etc so that they're actually competitive in the $200-$350 price point? I mean the leaked release date for the 1060 was July iirc, so it seems weird that they haven't said anything if it launches so soon.

Uhh clearly you are the one shilling.

GTX 970 is $250 and performs better than the 480

>Shitpost about how this card will be amazing
>it's literally garbage

kek

>250
In Croatia,it's 440$.

It's funny how quickly their (AMD fanboy's) tone changed.
A week ago
>Fuck off Nvidiot shill, this will be 980 tier for $200
Now
>Fuck off Nvidiot shill, it was Nvidia shills hyping this card to make everybody dissaointed when it's still a good value, $200 for 970 tier performance

$3.5 per thread, $0.5 per 10 post.

So will AyyMD go bankrupt after more reviews show up, or are there enough poor people in the market to keep them afloat?

Its the cycle of AMD
>The new *Insert AMD product here* is totally gonna BTFO Nvidia and Intel!
>Turns out to be overhyped trash
>ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY NVIDIA GOYWORKS MUH GIMPING

Not seeing any for $250

And the bench linked is a high OC 970 vs stock 480. Also it's still 3.5gigs vs 8gigs.

>Tfw you waited for the worst GPU of all time

It's the end of an era, that's for sure

Kyle was right

No one in Croatia buys Nvidia, it's ridiculously overpriced and way too expensive for the vast majority of people

There are 3 different models there brand new all under $250

There's even an eVGA with the highest overclock for $254

that price is amazing though. not an AMD person but no shits given. I bet it's a great card and that price is lovely.

Even if I had rich parents. i couldnt drop like a grand on some video card. muh 2 extra fps

Are you a Croat?

>gtx970
>september 2014

>rx480
>june 2016

BRUTAL

Yes. When I was buying my laptop in 2012, the nvidia 610m was double the cost of an amd7670m, even though its performance is two times slower than the amd card. Nvidia prices in this country are fucking retarded

How many potatoes/mules/daughter for the 480?

Ah, they all had tax for me. Still you're looking at $20 more for 4 less gigs of vram and similar performance. Once the 3rd party cards come out for the same price you'll see higher OC headroom and 8gigs.

A šta misliš kad će rx 480 doći u nas,i hoće li cijena bit tri puta veća nego u Americi?

Another Massive Disappointment.

I refuse to buy Nvidia. But this is just sad. And the AMD shills are desperately defending this. Sure I mean it's not a bad deal. But nothing special. AMD is definitely not disrupting anything. It's just a decent option at $250. Whatever.

not my fault that we have free healthcare and colleges.

twitter.com/PellyNV/status/747805063519731713

TOP KEK

>there are people ITT who think this is good value

A doć će valjda uskoro, a cijena će bit veća, ali sigurno će bit omjer cijene i performansi puno bolji nego da kupiš gtx 970. Jebote 970 dođe 2200 kuna, nek 480 budei 1600 opet ti se debelo isplati.

brits out

>buying things with a now worthless currency

>LE OVERCLOCKER DREAM THEY SAID, THE OVERCLOCKER DREAM!

You all fell in the amd cringe marketing

It's the best deal comparative to other cards since generations.

If you look at performance of $200 cards in the past the had nowhere near this performance. It is disruptive.

Saddening, but not a surprise at all.

>links.hr/hr/graficka-kartica-pci-e-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-ttoc-4gb-ddr5-dvi-hdmi-dp-051800043
Pa koji je ovo kurac....

hahaha, jbg.. banana republika

youtube.com/watch?v=eUiaJXLoKnE

If you want to see something really sad, look at the AMD subreddit

www.reddit.com/r/amd/

They are going nuts trying to justify the bad performance

The retaliation shit posting after the custom cooler cards get released will be glorious

Nah, it's just a 390 for $100 cheaper. Same shitty overclocking too. I mean it's a cool deal or whatever. But nothing special. If it had 980 performance, it would be disruptive.

Koje jebeno sranje. Kažem ti, tu nitko normalan ne kupuje nvidiu. Lako se ovdje amerima zajebavat, njima je 200 dolara sitniš.

>If it had 980 performance

It does have 980 performance. That Zotac 970 OC trades blows with a stock 980

>Buying an AMDrone cuck poorfag card

Literally fuck off with that shit waste of money, Only poorfags would waste money on a shit card that barely performs at the same level as the r9 380

You should have gotten a real card that actually works, like the 1080, the MOST powerful card ever made. And fuck AMD, the only shit they have to try and compete is the fucking fury, which barely even comes close to the 1070 in terms of performance, OH and guess what, it's over five HUNDRED dollars, which is a fucking joke considering the 1070, which is better, only costs 375$, and performs better than three of these shit fucking poorfag 480's

>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh price
>inb4 muh powerdraw

a 450 watt tpd doesn't mean shit, and most modern cards (Except for AMDrone cards) are designed to perform at well above 100c

fuck off

I ovo je najjeftiniji model 970.prosjek je 3000 kn.
960 je 1700-2000.

čisto sumnjam da će rx480 biti ispod 2000 u nas...

Overclocked 970 is 980 tier.

That feel when AMD just took their most popular card, cut the price by $100, then called it an all new card

stari, cijene u links se čine malo "out of touch".. pogledaj koliko hoce za 1080, a drugdgje mozes naci za 6000 kn

Najbolje naručit s Amazona i ko ga jebe

HOLLY SHIT NVIDIOTS BTFO

s njemačkog??

I still can't understand how such an unprofessional person got into a position like that. Guess I need to start using them emotes too.

Well he's not wrong

Pa nemoguće da ne dostavlja Amazon u hrvatsku

Stop copypastaing and trying to bait. Fucking tryhard

I was RIGHT bunch of niggers, Polaris 10/11 are decent cards BUT the SAMSUNG 14nm is shit/not mature, it's why the clock suck, TSMC are better.

holy kek. bringing the banter. he won't start dropping these comments if the 480 wasn't utter trash, which this almost guarantees.

mozda ima talijanski ili tako nesto.. zasto bas njemačka.

The AMP Extreme is at 980 level. Not the Omega. the 970 OCs even further than the extreme though. And the reference 480 doesn't OC for jack shit. Sure there will be cards with better coolers, but they will also cost more, ruining the whole point of the fucking deal.

If a reference 480 OC > 970 OC (and I mean a REAL OC), then good on AMD. If not, they have failed. I really don't understand why this card isn't at least on par with a 390x anyways. Makes no sense. How did AMD fuck up this badly?

It's past midnight in Europe, does that mean the embargo is off?

a 970 with an oc of over 1500mhz trades blows with a stock 980. this 970 had an oc of barely over 1300mhz.

Hard to tell, I'm still waiting on actual benchmarks hoping for a not too bad of a disaster. He's still so damn aggravating due to how he writes and his le ebin mahymahys :DDDD

Yep. A very bad sign of things to come.

Kyle was right.

So when is AMD releasing its flagship card and vice versa?

>a average overclock of 1350 MHz is possible with the Radeon RX 480 while anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card

Pa evo i vemil.hr jede govna

vemil.hr/proizvod/msi-gf-gtx-960-gaming-2gb-gddr5-1304mhz-oc-mode-dvi-hdmi-3x-dp/42725/

>gtx 960 2000 kn

>1000 USD
europoor

nice. another gpu thread

but i was told it would match a 980 or atleast a 390x??? an OC 480 doesn't even beat a fucking 390 which is cheaper in a lot of places.

kyle was fucking right all along.

>>the Radeon RX 480 is said to cause lots of artifacts with a mere 5% overclock. A 7% overclock will cause the system to freeze entirely. This means that a average overclock of 1350 MHz is possible with the Radeon RX 480 while anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card. It could be due to thermal instability due to the cheaper cooler design which we had discussed here.

Maybe it's only one card? Not all?

who the fuck is Kyle?

zadnji put kad sam kupovao nesto kod njih, dobio sam 10% za cash

My wife's son

No idea why you're using the reference card as the benchmark compare to 3rd party coolers. Makes zero sense.

that is very dissapointing with all the hype around the carts. fucking MAD, they are no competition to nvidia at all..

I'll wait for the 1060 now.

a based journalist who wasn't scared to tell us all the truth about the true performance of polaris, which is all coming true now.

>thinking people that are ready to blow 500 on vr headsets are lacking/will skimp on a videocard

I don't know what AMD was thinking.

my 960 was 200 6 months ago it's not a bad upgrade

we'll see if the software and driver support is there as time goes on. amd might not be bleeding anymore but they have some scars to make look pretty

don't forget they called it "VR Premium"

it's not even better than cards that came out 2 years ago. so much for muh 14nm and muh polaris. amd fucked up big time.

>The AMP Extreme is at 980 level. Not the Omega.
That depends if it was OC'd. The review doesn't specify clearly.

why do people bother with rumored leaks when the card comes out tomorrow. is it that hard to wait for 100% legitimate reviews?

videocardz.com/61557/rajas-super-secret-cigar-stash

kyle never is right that is his secret

Because of the PRICE. AMD is supposed to offer some AMAZING price / performance, and if this card is only on the level of a 390, with the same shitty overclocking, making it inferior to the 970 after OCing just like the 390, it's not a special card. It's FUCKING NOTHING. It took AMD an entire series of rebrands to save people $50-$100. ABSOLUTE FAILURE. They won't regain much market share with this shit. They won't redeem their shitty reputation (though desu their cards are decent). The only redemption now is if the aftermarket cards OC through the roof (1500-1600mhz).

You have plenty of people that want to get into VR but don't want to invest in a gaming PC. It used to be that the quoted price to get into VR was $1500 total. This effectively lowers the entry level price point for PC VR.

>It’s interesting to see reference RX 480 review sample being compared to to highly customized ZOTAC AMP! Omega (clocked at 1304 MHz).

i'd assume it was the defualt aftermarket factory clocks otherwise it would have been stated in the article how much further they clocked it over the factory overclock.

you never know though.

Looks more like 280 on the cheap end and 330 on the regular end. With the rx 480 having 8gb at 240, thats almost 100$ more for the same performance.

what bad perf? a random polish dude prints a paper and calls it a day? not even poles considers it as a credible source
yet nvidiot do

i guess the shilling will reach maximum effort till the nda lifts lol

Kyle wrote this

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/

Everyone shit on him, but turns out he was 100% correct

By fifty bucks.

LOL

Apparently VR premium is below VR minimum now, because it can't even beat a 970 which was the minimum

And you have absolutely no idea what the performance of 3rd party cards with superior cooling and a 6pin + 8pin will be. You're basing all this on reference performance and comparing them to cards that are far above $250 for the 970 in the first place. That Zotac Omega Amp card is $330 on newegg right now.

>what bad perf?

>According to the review, 5% overclocking causes severe artifacts in 3DMark, while 7% overclock causes system to freeze. Not a word about drivers uses though.
>970 overall is the superior card

Every fucking time. Why are AMD so incompotent

the card was spanking 980....... it was clear from miles that the numbers were off literally by light years unless somehow they got it to run at 1500+

3 different models of 970 all UNDER $250 brand new

Cards were $300+ when that was quoted. Have you people not realized that the reason you're seeing sales for the 970 right now is because of the announcement of this card?

>people saying it's worse than 970
explain this, faggots

>this reaching

more mark

And the customer cares why exactly?