Kyle was right

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EzYBOGzUzKI?t=252
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What was he right about? The fact that a $200 card performs like a $200 card?

BRAVO KYLE

"In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin."

It's happening!

I tried to warn you. You didn't listen.

>4 posts, 2 IPs

Hello OP! You can't bump your own thread for a certain time, famalam. Wait a while.

I... I'm sorry I fell for the hype Kyle.
I'll make sure to boycott AMD products from now on.

Apology accepted.

No. Buy 480. 200 dorrar

Except he was literally wrong about everything.
The RX 480 draws 70w-110w in game, only peaking up to 150w in Furmark.

The exact same chink review that showed a 100% load RX 480 pulling 147w also showed a bunch of in game power consumption figures as low as 76w. Of course shitposting fanboys love to ignore inconvenient facts like that.

It got up to 88C. Even my 390 never got that hot.

The reference card doesn't have any heat pipes, or vapor chamber.

Trying to compare temps between massively different cards and coolers is beyond stupidity. A match head at 350f is not outputting the same amount of heat as a forest fire at 350f.

Why is the reference cooler so bad?

>A match head at 350f is not outputting the same amount of heat as a forest fire at 350f.

Lovely comparison user.

Because nominal power draw is only 100w, and cheap reference models are a favor to OEMs.
AMD could have its dedicated partner Sapphire come out of the gate with a huge 300w beat cooler for every card, but there'd be no way for other OEMs to compete with that, so they wouldn't bother trying, and AMD would end up selling less cards.
Market saturation is important for driving sales.

So they made the 480 cooler bad on purpose? That doesn't make any sense.

There is nothing bad about it. Its adequate, like virtually every other reference cooler in existence.

I've never had a video card get to 88C

Then you haven't owned video cards very long.
Reference Hawaii hits 95c.
Tons of Nvidia cards have met and exceeded that temp.
My GeForce 8600 GT hit over 107c while gaming, and it idled at 85c. This was perfectly fine.

this card doesnt go above 75 on furmark

Except it does

It's shit, have you even seen how small the heatsink is? Additionally with no vapor chamber makes it an obvious cost reduction on ayymds part.

Again, you shitposting moron, its adequate.

HardOCP/Kyle are always right

Overclocked

N/v/idiot shills belong on Sup Forums

>hardOCP

Sounds pretty bad desu.

How dare you

i remember my 6800gt hitting 105c playing battlefield vietnam.

temps went down to the 80's when i finally got a side fan on my case. then lower when i slapped a aftermarket zalman cooler on it. never went above 60c after that.

youtu.be/EzYBOGzUzKI?t=252

the youtube video for those intersted