Why doesn't Nvidia rebrand the 970 to 1060, and release the Pascal card as 1060 Ti later when they actually have it...

Why doesn't Nvidia rebrand the 970 to 1060, and release the Pascal card as 1060 Ti later when they actually have it. Better than having no official mid range card at all.

>RX 480 turns out to be complete and utter shit(as usual for AMD)
>AMDrones on suicide watch
>Nvidia offers savior for people who fell for the AMD meme by releasing the 1060 and BTFOing AMD forever

Everything's just been really well timed, user. Just wait for a bit.

The 970 seems to have proved that $320 is the new $200. They're doing quite well releasing high end cards with a wait for a mediocre midrange.

You're delusional if you think the 1060 will be any better than the 480. The 960 was complete shit and performed worse than the 380. Yet it still sold far more, because Nvidia don't need to have the best card to win. They can do the absolute bare minimum and get by, which is exactly what Pascal is and the 1060 will be.

>AMDpoor pulling the "its just not fair!!!" argument

from > Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

And the 1070 has made $500 the new $320

How is this thread either? Go back to your Linux ricing thread

this is not a hardware consumerism board, this is not a gaming board. get out.
there are TONS of GPU threads already

>this is not a hardware consumerism board
This is exactly what it is, or what it has become.

>This is exactly what it is, or what it has become.
so, you know the problem, but you don't want to fix it. at least stop being part of the problem, please.

It's coming in 2 weeks.

>Sup Forums - Technology
>graphics cards aren't technology

You're retarded. I work in a lab rendering protein models. What are you in, IT? Go back to your stupid fucking linux thread.

Probably because the 970 already stuffs the RX480 in the trash so there's no rush.

Kill yourself stupid weaboo.

I come here for investing information and you can rightly fuck off to a programming forum if you don't think graphics cards are appropriate for discussion.

Probably because they use cut down versions of chips with errors for lower end card. ie: a wafer that can't be a 1080 or 1070 can be cut down to become a 1060 without errors. If they just rebranded one card instead of the entire lineup, they'd have a lot of wafers that go unused. At least that's how I understand it, I'm not an expert.

Report all these threads started by nvidiot shitposters with no discussion in them , made just to shitpost and samefag

because people expect new architecture and a die shrink

970 is just a butchered 980 which cant do dx12 very well so theres no point.

>I come here for investing information

Pretty sure it's cheaper to manufacture on a smaller process. A die shrunk 970 will minor adjustments, like a full 4gb of memory in a normal partition, would be the cheapest thing for Nvidia to manufacture, but then again they spent a lot on R&D to make Pascal so why let that go to waste?

You summerfag nvidiots need to go back to your containment board.

Post vulkan Windows benchmark

there is a GPU general already