Pre Launch Thread - RX 480: On Par With GTX 970 OC And ~380x OC, Mediocre OC - Thread#3

wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-gaming-performance-review-leaked/

videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web

>the Radeon RX 480 is said to cause lots of artifacts with a mere 5% overclock. A 7% overclock will cause the system to freeze entirely. This means that a average overclock of 1350 MHz is possible with the Radeon RX 480 while anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card. It could be due to thermal instability due to the cheaper cooler design which we had discussed here

*********Full Polaris Leak**********:
videocardz.com/61557/rajas-super-secret-cigar-stash

>Better Asynchronous Compute
>More Tessellation
>Better efficiency
>etc

NDA end: 29th 9:00 AM EST

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ordered, if it's shit it's going right back.

delete this shitpost

Prepare for massive disappointment

I LITERALLY CANNOT STOP LAUGHING AT HOW BAD IT IS

wtf? I hate AMD now

Only one that needs to prepare is you

>$250

I was hoping to upgrade from my 380x to this, now it looks like I'll be waiting. Might as well get a new cpu/mobo and 144hz monitor instead.

>on par with 380x OC
Blatant shit. It's 12%more hardware with a almost 20% faster clock, not to mention the memory.

Any comparisons to a 380x need to be tossed out of speculative window.

>fake printed photocopy photograph

if you believe this or the false flags and shitposts by nvidiots you're a retard

88 DA GREEEES

why pre-order anything anymore did you not see the joke that is AAA video games last year

the 480 is sadly not reaching 970 perforamnce, albeit they said it could surpass a 980

damn, it's a shame. was hoping for amd

PC gaming was a mistake shit like this never happens with the consoles. ;_;

I have a 7950 and can just return it if it's not good enough. They're already out of stock.

I'm gonna go pick one up in the morning. I was looking for a new budget graphics card cause my GTX260OC is getting long in the fuckin tooth.

Like, okay? What makes you think I care? Stop quoting me.

Congrats AMD, you finally beat Nvidia's last gen!

No you

No longer available...you think they sold out or just didn't want to sell this early?

better grab a 1060, nvidia will release it shortly after the 480, at same price but better performance

Jesus fuck seriously, just stop hiding it ad tell me what position to apply for so i can get paid to shit post too.

>mediocre OC
>overclock will cause the system to freeze entirely
>anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card

Fuck that shit...don't want.

Fuck off Evan

>nvidia shitposting squad assemble!

these threads with the nvidiot samefags should be deleted outright

scalpers

i thought the 8gb version was gonna be $230

im gonna go buy a 970 on ebay fuck this

The funny thing is they didn't even quite beat it, the 480 still underperforms compared to a 970

FUCK.

So does the NDA lift at midnight tonight or what

I don't get it

thready reminder amd are utter trash, coming from an amd user.

will be upgrading to a 6700k and a 1070 by december. don't fall for the "amd is cheap but good" meme.

9am CST I believe.

Can you read or what

>NDA end: 29th 9:00 AM EST

Yeah the sad thing is AMD is now both cheap and bad. There are better budget options from both nvidia and intel.

you cant buy anything poorfag nvidiot

>if you believe this or the false flags and shitposts by nvidiots you're a retard
lol this
nothing but nvidiots samefagging and shitposting

Read the thread desu...
>NDA end: 29th 9:00 AM EST

>Using a AMD cpu on a high end PC
wew lad, have fun with that driver overhead

>poorfag nvidiot

Oh wow I'm a huge faggot please rape my face

only poorfags and idiots buy nvidia

fuck off pajeet

If when overclocked it is above Fury on 1440p I'll probably get it(depending on temps/noise and small shit like that). If not - going for 1070. May be good for price/performance, but doesn't seem to be enough performance right now.

Also, why are people even discussing 'leaks' from random websites and magazines? It's just senseless tribal shitflinging. Ignoring all this shit until guru3d and techpowerup reviews are up

((you))

>tfw they cancel your order.

longtime amd user and fan here

was looking to get a 480, but it seems i'll have to switch to nvidia after almost a decade of team red

sad times for amd

CONFIRMED THE POO HAS BREACHED THE PERIMETER

Yeah, rich people buy AMD and poor people buy Nvidia...

dude, i've had nothing but problems with my hardware. it's actually got to a point where i'm just done. i can't be bothered to play anything anymore because i know i'll run into problems. i play my fucking xbox more than my pc now.

just stick to the 7950, and lets hope for navi, if its the same shit, im going for a 1080ti

t.pic related

I dont understand, what exactly is the NDA undermining?

>hide dx 12 benchmarks
>ignore dx 12 benchmarks
>always reply that dx 12 is irrelevant.

Why are you so edgy user? I have a 290x, why should I buy poolaris also

>only poorfags buy nvidia
Please stop...

don't you have school tomorrow in pakistan you little poorfag

Why? It's going to be an upgrade. Worst leaked benchmarks put it on par with a 970oc and that's a huge upgrade for me. Best put it at a 980.

stop shitposting

>nvidia cards aren't overpriced

>undermining
What

okay so I'm still using my 7850 by no means am I enthusiast tier, so should I go for the RX 480? or can anyone suggest a good budget card that will get me equivalent performance?

gtx 970

get a 1070 for 899$
its one of only two current gen cards nvidia has

>I have a 290x gaming
>I don't need the new rx380
>stop shitposting

WHAT?

that "upgrade" is shit, just oc that 7950 and make it spit faya'. Wait a lil bit more, and better times will come(unless you really want to get into vr right now...)

Yeah, maybe go for a 480 once third-party versions are up. Though it depends on what you define "budget" as.

see

IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER!

I want a card that's better than the 7950 for cheap. The RX 480 fills that role. Besides, my 7950 is a shit overclock.

telling you its just you ten nvidiots actually posting in these threads, you're sick in the head

get a fucking job you bum

>amd user here guise.
>gonna switch to glorious Nvidia and leave this disgusting trash [that literally makes me spasm every time I find myself in need of uttering its name aloud because of my job] behind.

>a new disappointment

WHAT A BIG SURPRISE AMD!

>amd user here guise.
>gonna switch to glorious Nvidia and leave this disgusting trash [that literally makes me butt hurt so very very much every time I find myself in need of uttering its name aloud because of my job] behind.

>AMD CPU
>gayming

wew lad

that 480 will burn your rig with those 88。C just saying...

>tfw there's multiple sources showing how bad the rx 480 performs compared to it's original speculated performance
>literally on par with a 2 year old nvidia meme card
>performs worse than a mainstream 390 in VR which the 480 was touted to be "PREMIUM" in
>amd owners actually coming out and saying how disappointed they are in amd and how bad their experiences have been
>shills STILL defend amd with their life instead of rallying for a massive restructure of their beloved company who, currently, is flopping quite hard

why do they do it? why do they still shill for amd?

nice shitpost you mad little bitch

get a life will ya loser

>pre-launch
this triggers the dislexic nvdiot.

who's mad?

i can clearly tell you are.

multiple
u
l
t
i
p
l
e

So when is AMD releasing the 490?

refer to my post for your reply

We don't know, probably Vega 10 or ''RX 590''

see

XFX is a stupid brand that disables their voltage. You won't be able to OC

After fury im not gonna trust anything amd says about their cards. If rx480 is looking good a month in I might replace my 7950

He wouldn't be able to OC either way.

8GB Model

aahahaa amdfgs btfo

a 2 year old 3.5meme card is faster in read and write. didn't even bother to look at the rest

>bulldozer
Now this, Nvidia does not even need to shit on AMD any more they literally shit on their own plate and eat it.

You do realize that was in cf configuration, right?

Does it go on sale at midnight tonight, or is it sometime mid-day tomorrow?

>memory speeds bottlenecked by pci express to 8GB/s

what the fuck is this. does this card only have an x8 interface?

>review shows the R9 380X beating the GTX 970 and RX 480 in some situations
I wonder who could be behind this?

DELETE THIS

>480 beat by a card with 3.5gb of ram

wew lad, not looking good for amd senpai

Nope that was literally one 480 all by itself going up to 88C

See pic

no cf...

>0% load
>88c
>150w

jesus christ