How do I into programming and coding as an absolute beginner?

How do I into programming and coding as an absolute beginner?

code academy dot com

instal gentoo

Learn python or ruby first. Pick something easy

INSTALL GENTOO

learn C++ from a beginner book if you are serious about learning programming

or Python if you're a fag

APL is the way to go.
Learning something hard first makes everything else easier.

> 1960's language that is completely dead

fuck off troll

>Completely dead

Used in government systems
Traffic control systems
High-power mathematical machines

How about you fuck off of Sup Forums you tech illiterate retard

>inb4 back2leddit

I know /r/learnprogramming has a FAQ with a table about which programming language you should learn first(learn C for microcontrollers, learn Java for desktop programs, etc.) Give it a look, think about exactly what it is you want to program, and get cracking. Check out a book, go on khan academy, anything.

If all else fails, learn Python. You can use it for a lot.

Take a class, or join a coding club. My "urban" step daughter joined her school's black girls code club, and her brother is taking AP computer science next year.

Are you seriously arguing that APL is relevant because of legacy code?

if only they had coding clubs/classes at my poor school of 300 kids

Switch to an inner city public school, like where my kids go. Even though most of the kids there are poor, they have plenty of resources thanks to government programs.

it's actually codecademy

not codeacademy

Are you seriously trying this hard to try and prove APL is irrelevant because you're unable to comprehend it cause you're an absolute retard?

install gentoo

If you are in the US, look into some classes at your local community college. Otherwise, look into a MOOC.

www coursera org/learn/python

This seems to have a nice and gentle curriculum for an absolute beginner. It goes through the basic building blocks that you need to understand in order to start to understand any computer programs, regardless of language.

Start by learning binary. Then move to something easy like assembly.

>Something easy
>Assembly

Oh, piss off.

PROJECTS.. Do tons of projects. Make a matrix multiplier, Make a calculator, Make a silly game like tic tac toe. Programming is a skill and it must be honed. Start with a simple scripting language like python. Then do all of those projects over again using a good programming language like c or java.

go through the Harvard CS50 course on edX

Nobody is going to be programming APL code nowadays.

Actually there are people that still do.
Especially for air-sealed networks and highly secured systems

THIS! Don't waste 2 years doing basic exercises like me. Stagnating is not good and not fun.

Books, courses, and videos will inform you; but the only way to git gud is with time and effort. Simply do personal programming projects that interest you, and make sure that you're always learning something new.

As long as you ALWAYS A) keep coding, and B) challenge yourself, then the sky's the limit.

>programming and coding
whoa whoa, slow down there buddy
one after the other

+1 for CS50x, it's a fantastic starting point

I live in a country that needs prigrammers right now.
Im already learning since 1 or 2 months..
Do you think that I can be employable in 6 (dicember/january) months if I practise everyday?

c in 2016 lul

Learn JavaScript and become a code monkey

Learn LISP

Pick up a book. And read.

all these suggestions to start learning programming with something as abstract as languages
it's like you want OP to fail

yeah, this pretty much, just do projects, any kind of projects, talk to ppl, say hey lets do this or that, you need to practice your fingers, its not science its skill, just work work work, and learn from past mistakes

>its not science its skill

Best point in the thread.

To further reinforce it: ask yourself why you want to learn programming? To write research papers or to make cool shit?

You have been trolled.