So I just ordered 5 of these, did I fall for the poo fan meme?

So I just ordered 5 of these, did I fall for the poo fan meme?

Nah they are pretty great.

They're overpriced but good

All fans are the same and you're basically retarded. You might want to buy some audiophile hardware while you're at it.

Embrace the meme

I do. I am really demanding.

Nah, they're just as fuck. Fun trying to nake it match the rest of your stuff

>getting worse hardware because the color matches

pre-teen tier

>not painting and putting decals on your fans

maximum pleb tier

I ordered like eight of these for my server. It's been awesome, the thing is basically silent now. Loudest components now are the hdds.

They aren't going to look flashy, they aren't going to allow you to play tiduslaugh.wav every time the speed goes above 1200rpm via the integrated speaker gimmicky bullshit or whatever fan manufacturers are doing these days.

They're well built, quiet fans, and if you're still in your XTREME COOL RANCH MAXIMUM GAYMEN BLINKEN WATERCOOLED MEMELIGHTS BY RAZER mindset, you'll probably regret buying them.

But if you're in the mindset of "I couldn't give any less of a fuck what it looks like, the tower is literally nothing but a clutter box where all the wires go, and it belongs under the corner piece of the desk where nobody will ever see it ever. If I build this thing right I shouldn't even have to do anything so much as look at it again for another three years.", then you'll probably enjoy having them, since they help you forget the tower is there at all.

Fucking up the balance of carefully engineered tech with paint and stickers.

I ordered the 600Q case, No need for fancy LED lights & such. That being said Noctua would have earned more shekels if they recolored their fans.

swear to god

first time i saw a noctua fan they looked identical to those train station / subway toilet fans same colour matching and style. Fucking poo fan 100%

>integrated speaker gimmicky bullshit
explain, please?

what makes a 120mm fan like this really worth $20 when I can get 4 cooler master 120mm case fans for $13

i mean it's a fucking case fan

Static pressure fans cost more, cooler master has their own static pressure fans that cost the same amount. They`re good for pushing air through dense fins, or maintaining positive pressure in your case. They`re also well built and long lasting. Those 4$ fans you`re looking at are high flow fans that move a lot of air, and won`t provide positive case pressure, or give you great control over airflow.

They also tend to just push air everywhere (mostly out to the sides) whereas a static pressure fan will be much more directional. The cheap fans will move a lot of air, will probably be fairly silent, and might last you quite a while. But they won`t provide a lot of control over where the air is going, and will be more likely to leave hot spots in your case.

It`s similar to comparing a high flow water pump and a high pressure pump. They both have their uses, pros and cons.

I`ve gotten 2 noctua coolers off ebay for great prices, and I`m not entirely convinced I could recommend anything else for the price I got them. The fans themselves are very well made, I was genuinely surprised at just how much they weighed. They also add nice touches like cable sleeving, which won`t make my PC cooler, but when you charge 20$ for a tiny little fucking plastic fan... well, the little things kinda matter.

But in all seriousness, if I were to go around throwing 20$ per fan, I`d probably go for gentle typhoons.

Don't talk to me or my wife's Sony ever again.

overpriced but good like user said However, from what i experience was horrible.
Mine came with a lightly lubed bearing, so the fan kinda fucks up and stuck turning after a few months within warranty, how did i fix it ? poped the fucking fan apart and oiled it up. It kinda felt like it broke and start to wobble after popping the blades out.
Thermal take i had for years do not have the wobble after the cherry got popped.

Its not the best pop-em-out ive used, the best was thermal take's old pop-em-out fanblades.

Simply put it, it doesn't have that "snap" to tell you whether your fan is secure because its using magnets.

Should've just contacted Noctua about it, they have 5 year manufacturers warranty on the fans.

nah man, im not concerned about warranties.
I'm more concern about have it right here and now fix because i was in need of my computer to operate right that day so i can settle overdue works.

The fucked up thing is it's not my case fan, its my noctua cpu cooler fan and living in a city where traffic is fucked up all directions, driving for one fan isn't feasible, let alone sending getting it back from warranty.

this is only 50% True

the other 50% is simply that ppl from Noctua want their Austrian wages as opposed to chink chonks making $1 an hour.

Is it a good intake fan if you got a HDD cage in back of it and a dust filter in front?

Ok but why can't Noctua just make the same fans except a normal colour??

This is why i have a backup fan in every mission critical size, the fans are the cheapest shit i can buy, but they allow me time to re order something good to replace them.

personally i use bgears because they push more air, are cheaper, and 36db is silent in my enclosure.

next time, get a heatsink that can take 2 fans, sure, it makes the computer ron a bit cooler when its working, but its key feature is when something fucks up, you are not out a computer till a spare arrives.

It's only marketing, they make their product recognizable from miles away.
It's simply that

They're quite and powerful and last a long fucking time.

i had so many junk $5 fans that last at most 3 years before they start getting louder and slower.

All my Nautuca fans are quiet as fuck, move smoothly, etc. even after 5 years of constant use.

You'll buy new cheap fans every few years. Nactua fans will last like 8-10 years.

This too.

But they actually have started making them in different colors.

Why would you need 5? Are you autistic?

>2 fans CPU cooler

It's a nice idea.
It runs like 2 degrees Celsius cooler but it's nice to have an extra fan.

I guess it makes them really distinguishable. You know a Noctua fan when you see one.

doesn't even need to be big, the what, 212 (forget the name but i think that's the number) is able to fir 2 fans on it, it does a damn good job cooling an even oc'ed cpu.

personally i have a 3d printer and i'm looking to put in my computer custom made duct work, then have all my heat vented straight into the basement vent, in total, it would have 3 fans inside the pc, one fan at the basement vent getting the air out of my system and away from my computer.

possibly, venting the hot air into the router area and have a secondary duct to the basement from there

reason for this being ducted heat syncs run ever cooler still then 2 fans and dissipate all the heat out of the computer.

Even when Noctua makes what you want, they still have to do something stupid and fuck it up.

I'm getting a noctua with my i5 6600k.

I mean, why not. I'm already spending over 1300 for the build, why not get a fancy fan for a few dollarinos more