Who slack here?

who slack here?

Ooh ooh, I am I am!

Been using Slackware maybe six or seven years now? I dunno exactly.

Only Slack on my rack

why slackware? what are the benefits?

OWWW YOU SPECIAL LITTLE BABY

DON'T YOU WANT ALL THE ATTENTION????

HERE, HERE, HERE HAVE SOME ATTENTION

The final straw for me was automatic updates wrecking my system. Happened a couple times in the space of a few weeks across two distros, so I decided to try Slackware a go, so I could have a bit more control over everything, even though I didn't really know what I was doing.

It's really a great way to learn too, because all the solutions to your problems involve showing you how to find the fix yourself. Everything in the scripts you find are well commented, and there's a fair bit of friendly community support.

Once you know what you're doing, it's not that hard either. I spend about fifteen minutes a week keeping my system up-to-date. Lack of dependency resolution isn't really as scary as it sounds, and it means if anything goes wrong, I'll have a much better idea because I performed all the steps myself.

Basically, it being harder makes it easier.

Slackware is shit, fuck off

Here's your (You)

>le I'm a special snowflake because I do work that isn't necessary
I'm also glad i don't know how to skin a cow with my bare hands like my ancestors.

i use slacko puppy to test machines

stoplikingwhatidontlike.tiff

>le meme reply
kill yourself, slackware is shit and there won't be another release. It's basically dead now.

Try harder, mate.
Your bait's getting boring.

>bait
Nigger I've been using Slackware ever since it came out in 1992. Go crawl back into your mom's cunthole, asshole.

Nice IP, 6th guy.

I have no idea what's going anymore

I use Slackware as my daily driver, although the lack of dependency resolution can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

What are you talking about? Slackware has package managers now, it's come a long ways.

I miss when Sup Forums was anonymous

Sup Forums was always only anonymous on the front end

and it no longer is

It's no different on Sup Forums though.

I use slack. My life lacks excitement.
What exciting things can you do on slack?

download gentoo and install it

Gentoo automates almost everything, I suggest he remains on slack and recompiles everything manually

There's probably already tools for it but making a quick script to rebuild every SlackBuild in Slackware's source tree would take like a minute

no it was so much trouble doing first time around. I want to do something new.