What is the Sup Forums recommended e-reader now? I heard the kobo ones are good but don't know which specific product...

What is the Sup Forums recommended e-reader now? I heard the kobo ones are good but don't know which specific product. Does a HD screen make a difference? Also, is there anything that I should do to it (like how for the clip+ everyone recommends rockbox)?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobilescout.com/rumors/news/n69612/78-inch-Kobo-Aura-One-eBook-reader-spotted-FCC.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The products are more or less identical. There's no real difference between them, besides Kobo's native support of almost every format and the kindle's support of just .mobi.
If you're a fan of Amazon's DRM despotic hegemony then go for a kindle.
If not, a kobo will do you good.

You might want to consider doing your own research though, since all I can give you is my own opinion.
I can't give you YOUR opinion.

I went for a kobo for the multiple format support, and the fact that they do a waterproof model as I read loads in the bath, and missed being able to do that with an ereader

I have a Kobo Aura H2O. The model is their most expensive model I think, but it is waterproof (well against raindrops at least, I wouldn't submerge it) and it is the only reader out there with more than 6" (6.8" to be exact)

I love it. Coupled with libgen, I already saved hundreds of €

It definitely survives short dunks, I dropped mine in the bath, and immediately fished it out, still working one year later

I have a Kobo H20, it's nice and I like it but if you have the money the higher end kindles are better in terms of software support and features. And you can get around the DRM on the kindle with Calibre too. Just get whatever you want, it doesn't matter.

HD screen is an improvement, although the EXTRA HD ones that have launched recently I think you're way into the realm of diminishing returns (800x600 Kobo Touch to 1024x768 Kobo Glo was very noticeable and much appreciated, but I now own a 1448x1072 Glo HD and I'm not sure the resolution difference is actually noticeable even side-by-side.

I got the Glo HD instead of the H2O because cheaper and smaller, but if it was waterproof I actually would use it in the tub / hottub. Something to consider.

have the original nook (no back light)
it's ancient but I've loaded it down with a library of stolen books and pdf files

the kindles don't support epub last time I checked get a used one off Craigslist for 20

What's a good e-reader for manga and LNs?
I'm thinking of getting either KOBO or NOOK.
What do you think?

I will say that for now, buttons > touchscreen for flipping pages.

Which kobo has the most similar screen to kindle paperwhite?

The current Paperwhite? The Kobo Glo HD has the exact same panel AFAIK (pretty sure there's just one supplier for all these eink panels). The first-gen Paperwhite and Kobo Glo (non-HD) are similarly the same. Pretty sure they also use the same single-supplier (Freescale?) SoCs.

The only notable technical difference the Kindles and Kobos is the touch tech. Most Kobos have used IR touch (I think some of the Auras were the exception), while recent Kindles have used capacitive overlays. Theoretically the Kindles have more responsive touch, while the Kobos have better picture quality (since there's no touch matrix between your eyes and the eink), but in practice there's not much difference. Also means you can use the Kobos with gloves on, while I've found useful, but it's also why the Kobo displays are recessed more.

I ended up getting a Kobo Glo HD, and I've been satisfied with it.

The coolest thing was that I was able to pop the case open, and put in a larger SD card for storage. Went from 4GB to 32GB.

It'd take you 100 lifetimes to read 32bg worth of books.

>Went from 4GB to 32GB.
But why? I've got over a thousand books on mine, and don't even use 1GB,and unless you're a neet or get paid to read, you'll never be able to read 32GB of books

not him, but manga, comics, PDFs, etc. (I can't find anything on Android ROMs)

Some formats, like PDF, are rather bloated and take up quite a lot of space.

It's also convenient. I don't have to pick & choose which books I want to have available, I just keep a complete copy of my digital library on it.

>
> (You)
>Some formats, like PDF, are rather bloated and take up quite a lot of space.
And you don't convert them why?
>It's also convenient. I don't have to pick & choose which books I want to have available, I just keep a complete copy of my digital library on it.
I have my entire library on mine and don't use anywhere near the maximum memory, how many books do you have?

>What is the Sup Forums recommended e-reader now?
Of course the one with the fastest graphics card.

maybe wait for this OP

mobilescout.com/rumors/news/n69612/78-inch-Kobo-Aura-One-eBook-reader-spotted-FCC.html

Who is the best PDF reading? i've kindle paperwhite and it's zoom fixed (i.e. i can't zoom as i wish, just like three or four positions)