TFW I ALMOST FELL FOR THE MEMES AND PLANNED TO BUY 2 RX 480s

>TFW I ALMOST FELL FOR THE MEMES AND PLANNED TO BUY 2 RX 480s
>TFW DUE TO MY IMPATIENCE I BOUGHT A GTX 1080

Feels like I dodged a fucking bullet now the benchmarks are dropping.

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1180-overwatch-benchmarks/page2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wait for bulldozer, it'll beat sandy bridge
>bulldozer launches
>slower than the phenom x6

Ever since then I've never fell for the AMD hype meme.

>multicarding
You didn't dodge anything, you're still retarded for thinking that multicarding would ever be a good idea

You are a retard who accidentally made the right decision

>TFW WAS ABOUT TO BUY A FIAT PUNTO
>GOOD THING I DODGED A BULLET AND BOUGHT A LAMBOURGHINI MURCIELAGO INSTEAD
>WHEW! THAT SURE WAS A CLOSE ONE, RIGHT GUISE?

CF/SLI have been around for 11 years now. One would have assumed that both companies would have gotten their shit together by now. Also, you'd be a liar if you weren't hyped by the AMD announcement earlier in the month.

Wait for 2 years and a single 480 will beat 1080 in every DX12 game

same

I will never believe AMD shilling again.

>GTX1070 level overclocks, 1700 Mhz no problems believe us!!

>it crashes at 1.7% OC
>housefires at 1.5% OC

ahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha

That's not going to be an issue as I'll sell the GTX 1080 in about 6 months and get a 1080TI anyway.

The ride never ends

What's the point of doing that? Do you play video games?

Sometimes

He was about to strap two Fiats together,thinking it would beat a Lamborghini.

I have no idea what you're complaining about, is it still a good entry level card?
Can i play some games in 1080p@144fps with minimum settings?

Yes it's a good entry level. Problem is it's basically the same as a 970 which came out 2 years ago.

I'm not complaining mate, I'm relieved.

So few people use multi-GPU that it will never be properly supported.

Except perhaps for VR. But that remains to be seen.

I mean, in theory it should work. It's how the W12 engine config works.

People keep saying that without qualifying why it's a problem.

Moreover, it's being said before the NDA is even lifted based on a shitty Polish magazine and Fire Stile benchmarks with a sample size of ONE CARD

You could at least wait the 40 minutes it'll take to get a complete picture

One of the only times it pays to be impatient lol.

Amd is a fucking joke.

Holy shit! I didn't even realize steam was that old!

>Also, you'd be a liar if you weren't hyped by the AMD announcement earlier in the month.
No, you'd be a retard if you were hoodwinked by it.
It was DX12 ashes. DX12 multicards well because it uses synchronous frame rendering instead of asynchronous. The driver overhead is smaller too, there's no gimpworks, it's a game developed with AMD. AMD quoted that their per card efficiency in that was 1.83. IE, 183% performance from two cards (theoretical max being 200%). In DX11 games this efficiency is somewhere around 120%, and for the 390 it was 160% in some maximumPC benchmarks I looked at.

Actually fuck this, I'll just repost something I wrote 2 weeks ago (or whenever)
First you need to understand what DX12 does to multicard setups.
DX12 enables mulitcard setups to work at nearly 100% efficiency: IE, 2 cards = 200% performance.
If you play anything but Ashes of the singularity (The only DX12 game that exists) then 2 cards = 130% performance.
IE the cost effectiveness of the cards fucking nosedives outside of that SINGLE GAME.
It's a highly cherrypicked (IE it's a single game rather than an aggregate of multiple games) special case (DX12) benchmark, AND on top of this is the 'fudge factor' of official nvidia/AMD slides which is an extra +20% on top.
Remember AMD's fury X slides showing it beating the titan X(edit: it was the 1080 not the titan X)? This is the same shit.

This graph is a magical combination of 'official benchmark shit' (IE exaggerations from the company themselves), and a cherry picked special case.
That said, the 480 is looking pretty fucking good even accounting for these fudge factors, but it's not nearly as good as AMD is claiming.

Exact same here.

The worst sin was using a name as cool as fucking Bulldozer on something that shit. What a waste.

Could you imagine if it came out and was something insane like 10x the performance and literally bulldozed the competition? Such a shame.

>but it's not nearly as good as AMD is claiming.
Keep in mind I wrote this a day or so after AMD's dumb DX12 ashes benchmark was released.

It's almost as if we should shut down Sup Forums and just have me be right all the time

/thread

My exact thoughts thinking about putting money on AMD stock. Shits going plunge time come december.

>Shits going plunge time come december.
I wouldn't be surprised seeing it plunge this week

I expect to see it plunging as we speak.
Now is a great time to sell AMD stock

You know, while the company still exists

Reference card is a bullet

GTX 1060 and 1050 will destroy the RX480 and AMD will be finished.

'AMD will be finished' is the nvidia version of the AMD 'wait for the XXX'

Not when mine overclocks to 2126MHz stable.

I want to buy a card that's between the 480 and the GTX 1080.

I'm considering either a 1070 or a 980. I can get the 980 for about $300 at a certain place. Is it a mistake to buy a 980? my only reservation is that DX12 scares me. I'm scared that if I buy the 980, I will be buying an obsolete card that won't be able to handle DX12.

jokes on you. he will get cremated in the ganges.

I ran two GTX 260s for a long time, maybe 5 years. I got them just as the 200 series was released. They out performed most cards right up to the 700 series. No issues. Once in a blue moon games like skyrim would give flickering textures, which could be solved with .ini tweaks or setting profiles within nvidia control. Literally had no issues in maybe 5-6 years with SLI. Autists that want plug and play should not be playing with multi-card setups. If you know even basic problem solving, even over a wide array of games - there's not many issues to be had aside from not all games would give 1:1 scaling.

You're an idiot that doesn't know how to spend money.

Alternatively, it might be that I'm not 14 and have a lot more disposable income than yourself.

The 1070 seems like a good balance of price/performance at the moment, it might be tempting to go for a 980 now the prices have dropped, but I've always gotten better value getting a new generation card because of the larger feature set.

lol, not everyone is hyped for some new graphics card

12 years since half llife 2(not that I like that game, found it pretty boring desu)

the 1060 will be released in 2 weeks for 299$ that might be the perfect card for you, or just get the 1070

I have another account that's 13 years old but it's VAC banned and only has CS 1.6 on it.

I'm looking at upgrading to a 1070 soon, however $780 Australian is pretty fucking steep.

However,
450 us = 600 au
560 ca = 580 au

Add maybe 50 for shipping and you save quite a bit. Any reason not to do this?

Don't get old gen at this point. 980 wasn't even a good buy when it came out.

wait for the 1060, reviews will be out next week(7th july) card will be available in 2 weeks(14th july)

Literally every GTX 1080 can do 2000MHz.

It just needs decent cooling.

this

consider suicide

I don't get it, even 2 of those 480 would be cheaper than 1080

Just ordered 2560x1080 monitor, still thinking about CPU/GPU upgrade (currently have a bottlenecking underperforming 3570 and a decent going 970 gtx). 1440p feels like a meme to me, barely an improvement, 4k is still too expensive and has no single GPU solutions. Would love to jump into 3440x1440 and 1080 in the future. If 970 will do fine in UW1080p I might just wait for 1060 gtx which should be equal to stock 980. Can anybody recommend me a decent CPU for less than 200 EUR and a decent MOBO? Please I ask for honest answers, don't shitpost. Thanks.

>I have no idea what you're complaining about
The AMDrones who were regurgitating for a month how it would be 980ti on stock and OC to 1070.
>b-but we always said it would be a budget card

dat negative ass. also wait for Zen.

I swear that most of the 480 hype was false-flagging by nvidia shills so that the pretty solid performance would look disappointing in comparison.

Is nvidia issuing booklets to their shills now to keep the message consistent?

Yeah I bet nvidia shills were responsible for the faildozzer shilling back in the day. Fucking amdrones.

I wasn't talking about the bulldozer, but good goy nonetheless

Is this a good one to get?

No. Get aftermarket cooler

I'd go for EVGA, ASUS is terribad to RMA.

Same, lad.

I'm now just going to hold off and see what the aftermarket cards are like.

If they suck, I'll bite the bullet and go for a 1060/1070

>449

lmao, do nvidiots even want this guy on their side

Dissapointing... looks like I will be sticking to my 980 and 1080p 120hz monitor for another year or so.

He will die in a housefire caused by his own products.

That's as low as they're going.

we did tho. the card is $200

It's not even that. It has more VRAM but the lack of overclock makes it slower than the 970 in practice.

>$449
>Reference x70 card

Nah. Aftermarket for sub $400 is what I would be looking for.

Aftermarket 980ti may also be a good buy, they are cheaper than the 1070s in the UK and they perform the same.

Why wait when RX480 is already out? You waitcuck shills never change.

It's even older than HL2. Literally dinosaur software at this point

Can a 480 handle Overwatch at 1080p 144hz?

i would say it mostly does. gtx 970 has a min of 130 fps and gtx 980 has a min of 155 fps. 480 is between both.

techspot.com/review/1180-overwatch-benchmarks/page2.html