What actual reason is there to install Linux?

What actual reason is there to install Linux?
Make your case autists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SJPr6u-cOGw
youtube.com/watch?v=4uxeWEj7BXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For fun.

Freedom.

Advanced ricing.

Advanced autism

>fun
Do you even go outside?
At least post a stallman meme
Non-autist here: what is ricing? And why should I give af?

youtube.com/watch?v=SJPr6u-cOGw

>What actual reason is there to install Linux?
Been using UNIX since the 80s, once it was viable in the 90s, Linux was a no-brainer.

>Non-autist here
I think you should go back to wherever you came from.

>Do you even go outside?

> Technology is not fun
Not convinced Sup Forums is the right place

This

None.

I'm studying a tech related field at university to follow up my college degree in tech. I may well get a masters in this field and then I plan to specialize in this area. But sure because I want to talk to friends, actually leave my house and you know have a life I can't discuss tech.

Cheap server?
Or just servers in general.

What a fucking retard lol.

>retard
He has a pretty decent fanbase unlike you autists. Enjoy making 0 shekels from your basement.

>buy a laptop with windows 10
>turn it on
>desktop is locked until I register the laptop with Microsoft by giving them my email
>turn off laptop
>install gentoo

Can you play videogames and use Microsoft word on gentoo? fagit.

Love

realistically this

Because Revy's team uses linux.

I have a PS4 for video games. PC doesnt have any exclusive games anyway.

Security, from both sides.

You got shit to hide? Paranoid? Use Tails.

You want to pen test? Use Black Arch Linux.

You want to run minecraft and watch anime? Use windows.

You want to waste money and project wealth? Use a mac.

It's pretty simple, desu.

Why do fags like OP always feel like they need to be convinced to use Linux?! If you're interested, get some fucking information, if not, go on with your life. I swear, the shitiest part about using linux is having to explain why I use it to fags like OP.

>Stability
>Laziness to download programs (aka apt get shit)
>Muh freedom
>Shit drivers

minecraft is made in java and you can watch animu in any platform.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

> being so stupid tou dont get the jokes

Whoosh, back to >>>>>>>> reddit

Benny doesn't use linux
>Pc
>no exclusive games
Kek
Enjoy your paranoid
the nsa is watching you

A) I already knew this
B) how much vagina have you seen?

You even hate your own audience, Jess, as seen in youtube.com/watch?v=4uxeWEj7BXA

So I can run a Lynx browser in its natural environment.

I'm not Jess.
and you didn't need to post another video to prove this. He calls them autists in literally every MLP video that he made for like 2 years, before that he called gamers out for similar shit.
Most people are fine its the ones leaving smug comments about linux that are literal autists who have never seen a vagina and he calls them out on it.

>Freedom & Security
>Customization
>No shitty bloatware
>Better performance especially on older devices
>Package manager
>Thanks to steam, muhgames
>Practically no viruses or malware

Unless you're a tech illiterate retard or work with multimedia (Adobe, Ableton, etc), Linux is the way to go.

Why dont you try it and make up your own mind or is that too much to ask of a retarded spastic?

>Paranoid? Use Tails.
Yeah sure, and TOR is absolutely safe

(^:

lurk moar

qemu-kvm -boot menu=on -drive file=/home/user/VMs/win10.img,index=0,format=raw,if=virtio -drive file=/home/user/Desktop/Windows.iso,index=1,media=cdrom -drive file=/usr/share/virtio-win/virtio-win.iso,index=2,media=cdrom -net nic,model=virtio -net user -m 4G -usbdevice tablet

>I have a for games
>PC has no exclusives
this is Sup Forums tier bait
go fuck yourself

Care to elaborate?

These.

A stack of vpns + tor, yeah, you're pretty safe from the nsa sniffing your anime laced packets

>Listing no bloatware and no viruses as a plus
>Calls other people tech illiterate

Sounds like you're the one who's tech illiterate

1.because windows.
2. free as in speech and beer.
3. fun
4. autism
5. brain exercise
6. profit

Tor has been compromised, but its extremely expensive and time consuming to track an individual using network traffic analysis. Most tor users are caught because of bad opsec.

In reference to tails, it hasnt been compromised and is simple the mose secure os that currently exists today. The nsa even classified it as a serious threat in one of their cute power point presentations. Glenn greenwald used tails when working on stories involving snowden and the nsa. Look at the details of tails, its pretty crazy what it can do.

>it lets me customize every autistic detail, arch is literally only GNU + kernel + pacman, the rest is up to me
>great performance, even full bloat (like manjaro) live cds run in ~300MB RAM
>opensores everywhere
>de-botnet seems viable never try it tho
>is cool
>no powerpoint needs
>no gaymes needs

Way better for programming.

If you need a reason from someone else than you probably shouldn't worry about linux. Looking up how things work or why they work is something that is needed. If you don't do the looking up part yourself or even willing to tryout something without complete justification from others than linux probably isnt for you.
In my experience with linux I stick to it cause I like tinkering and tweaking with it. I want to understand it more.