RX 480 is compared to higher end cards

>RX 480 is compared to higher end cards

Why? It's a mid-range card, it's not meant to compete with the GTX 980 or R9 390.

>inb4 "benchmarks are shit"

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview/6
youtube.com/watch?v=fmLEB8tqgFA
guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_rx_480_8gb_review,35.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because nvidiots are getting desperate and want people to overlook the fact that 2 of these puppies in crossfire will shit all over the gtx 1080 in many DX12 games for less than $500.

>stutterfire
le stutter meme

According to Hexus 480 is slower than 970

Amd shills and Nvidiots overhyped thebcard by making loaded claims; saying it can perform on par with the fury/90ti

Which amd didn't advertise

It literally does everything it was advertised to do

>mimimi the reference design cant do shit
wait for custom cooler and you get your red 980
with 8gb and propper dx12 support

Latest drivers don't have this problem but keep cherry picking shill, I bet you're raging behind that monitor because of how dogshit SLI is compared to crossfire.

The disappointment stems from the fact that AMD's design on GloFo's 14nm process is only as power efficient as nVidia's 28nm products.

This explains why AMD released the midrange Polaris first: the flagship 14nm product is going to be another Fury X that trades massive power inefficiency for meh performance versus nVidia's superior design.

>Crossfire

Can't tell if b8

Can't even quote the right person anymore. You really are sperging out huh?

But Nvidia's 16nm isn't more efficient than their 28nm either. Not sure where you're getting at.

For years it's been: new gen mid-range > old gen high-end

AMD delivered a turd.

anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview/6

The 1070 is 50% more performant than the RX480 at the same watts consumed.

>Crossfire.

Multi GPU set ups have more chance of failure, often completely unoptimized drivers, especially on AMD side, multiple compatibility issues, glitches across the board, extremely power inefficient and often considered to be not worth the hassle of all that and the constant fuckery with game files you have to do to get it running right. I'd rather pay an extra hundred and have a single GPU that actually can run games decently without ask the aforementioned issues.

And any smart consumer would agree.

>"it's not meant to compete with other cards that cost within $10 of the same exact fucking price"

are you fucking shitting on my chest right now?

it also costs 90% more

The problem is that silicon has been running out of steam.

It has been going on for GPUs since moving beyond 40nm.

Pascal is a toasty SOB at load despite being more power efficient than Maxwell/Kepler.

It is getting harder to cram all these transistors in a small surface area while trying crank-up up the megahertz.

It is part of the reason why mid-range market has been so bloody stagnant until 480 and soon 1060.

Your math is off.

Fuck sake,this card is amazing for budget gaming(most of the gamers don't spend crazy money on computer anyway).
It can run most new games at high/ultra at 60+ FPS.

nvidiots truly BTFO

>R9 390.
>Acceptable for 25% higher clocked 2304 core card to be slower than older 2560 core card.

nVidia is getting 50% more performance from those same watts at 16nm than AMD is getting at 14nm.

Nvidiots gonna nvidiots. That's never gonna change. Even if amd performed 200% better than 1080 tomorrow, they will still call it shit.

Two weeks make a huge difference in price. If the 480 didn't come out now, nvidia would have kept the same price structure.
And:
8>3.5

>mah power usage

WHO DA FUQ CARES

There's like 1 dx12 game right now and cf scaling is shit for every other game

Except being a housefire

Thermal limits are real talk, user. AMD is pushing theirs at 14nm with a midrange card. Even if they watercool Vega like they did with the Fury, I don't see how they're going to get close to the 1080/1090.

It costs the same as a 970

What the fuck.

Thank you panjeet, 10 rupees have been deposited into your account.

see

Daily reminder that the 4g version has 8g, it's just locked up in the bios.

The 970 really shot down in price over the last week

That's not a valid arguement and I'm not wrong

Also I'm white

>Daily reminder that the 4g version has 8g, it's just locked up in the bios.

This is false. The 4GB version has 7GHz VRAM and the 8GB has 8GHz VRAM. Why would they waste money and put extra VRAM on if it's not being used?

Then maybe comparing it to high end cards all day on Sup Forums the last 2 weeks was a bad idea?

I have a 2x7970 setup and it absolutely does still have this issue.

Because the 980 and 390 are now mid range cards.

I dont need 2 cards, the one I have maxes everything out.

Maybe your 30%+ youth unemployment levels and huge tax rates , import fees and tariffs have made the gaming market irrelevant for companies? It's really your own fault for constructing a walled fortress around your member states that restricts trade so efficiently.

It was cheaper than changing the whole production line to make 4GB cards.

They're still high end cards.
They're high-mid at best.
The 480 is low mid.

>RX 480 FASTER THAN A 980 AND ALMOST 980TI LEVELS
Time passes and real benchmarks are releases showing that it's incredibly mediocre
>I-It's a mid-range card w-why are you comparing it to higher end cards
Like clockwork with you fucking idiots

It is faster than a 980.

Maybe if your favorite game is Ashes of the Singularity in benchmark mode. It barely trades blows with the 970 you fucking idiot and has just about zero overclocking potential.

Nope
youtube.com/watch?v=fmLEB8tqgFA

guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_rx_480_8gb_review,35.html

With an OC it is slightly better than the 980. Without it is not, but close.

>3D mark scores
Oh it all makes sense now, you're fucking retarded.

How long does it usually take for aftermarket cards to start coming out? Couple weeks?

They have to design water coolers the size of houses to cool this housefire.

Depends. A month at max.

Has a 1090 actually been confirmed? Them doing an x90 card again would be sick

Not gonna happen. There will just be a 1080ti and then Titans above that maybe.

>card from 2011
>comparing new drivers on new cards to new drivers on old cards where support has probably mostly ceased

so is it garbage? lmao

problem is that it doesn't even compete with 2 year old midrange cards from NVidia.

he didnt even say crossfire stupid nvidicuck

The 960?

It's because AMD fanboys hyped it up and outright SAID it would BEAT, not just compete, with that level of performance you twat.

And now that it doesn't after all, the fanboys come back out of the woodwork to complain that we're being unfair by comparing it to the cards *they* were saying it would beat before the benches came out!