Is the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming a good mainboard or are there better ones within the same price range and with the same...

Is the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming a good mainboard or are there better ones within the same price range and with the same socket?

Also, mainboard general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C0wWtHFpSR8?t=16m05s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's "motherboard"

>mainboard

I have it and it seems alright when you look past the name.

And remember to go into the BIOS and disable the meme lighting - unless you like your motherboard to look like it's breathing or whatever gamer thing it is

Whats a good motherboard in the $50-80 range and can fit an i5 and at least 16 gigs of ram? Also is this rumor about this 480 damaging the motherboard true?

the 480 draws more than the recommended amount for the pci express slot. Whether it actually damages the mobo is something that will take some time to see.

IBM calls it mainboard. He may just be an oldtimer, or he could work for IBM.

or he wants (You)s

>asian abacus mainboard forum

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT LGA 1151 Intel Z170 Intel USB 3.1 USB 3.0 U.2 Mini ITX Intel Gaming Motherboard

MSI MSI Gaming Z170I Gaming Pro AC LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
MSI H170I Pro AC LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

ASRock ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Considering the same alternatives right now. I want onboard wifi and bluetooth in a robust mini atx board. Will get an M.2 down the road.

bump?

op?

Maybe we can look back at the ASUS 960, and tell if is going to be a problem.

I have that assrock itx board. It's solid, would recommend.

Wrong pic

dat ass

Why do gaming mobos have to look so ugly/edgy?

Like they could substitute the red for blue and it would be a breath of fresh air. Every single gaming motherboard has to be black and red and so edgy/fierce/esports. How about a mobo for us older and mature gamers? Something that looks professional but still as full-featured as the traditional leet gamer ones.

Do you have something against workstation boards?

>mature gamers

>workstation boards
You hardly ever see them though. Most gaming pcs have a window, so you can see how ugly the boards are. But you can't see how ugly they are on a workstation because it's all covered up. And since it's still under warranty with your company, you don't need to open it up at all.

Nothing wrong with enjoying mature/smarter games like The Last of Us, Papers Please, Heavy Rain, or Kerbel Space Program.

>mature/smarter games
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait I know about one of those manchild games. I think it's called "heavy rainfall" or some shit

hahahaaha
youtu.be/C0wWtHFpSR8?t=16m05s

You can buy any workstation the same as a gaymer board.

Pro tip: Only the cases you choose to buy with a window will have a window.

That's actually the one I'm leaning towards. The heatsinks on the board look reassuring. USB 3.1 A&C, M.2, multiple display outputs including HDMI4K and 2 seperate spots to connect sata to board top.

Hopefully the audio out the front headphone jack is decent.

I got the Z170-E
Got it for $100, looks good, made the computer work

>made the computer work
honestly what more could a motherboard be used for? Whenever I see a consumer mobo for more than 300 dollars I get very confused

I need a 1151 itx board

Every single one has a horrible downside

What's the least bad board? Who here has a 1151 itx board anyways? What do you use?

MSI z170 pc mate

has everything but the reversible usb

I have the z170P. I like it a lot and it doesn't have a bunch of crazy lights and graphic all over it.

Pic related

I feel like buying a mobo nowadays is a fucking crapshoot. Every board is 3 stars on NE.

Aha, I found one that ISNT TOTALY CRAP

asrock h170m ac

Unless someone can give me a good reason not to, I'm about to buy this board

Half of the bad reviews are always about things that are fixed with bios updates or superglue, it seems

You gotta read them closely

Has anyone had any experience with the MSI Krait Gaming 3x? It's one of the only boards that doesn't have the edgy black-red colour scheme but rather a black-white scheme. Looks quite nice imo

Do you mean that lit up "circuit trace" near the audio outputs? My Gigabyte mobo has those, but no option to disable them. But I'm not a faggot with a case window, so it doesn't matter.

Will it fit zen cpus? No? Then wait for zen.

that's what I thought 5 years ago when I bought a 90$ motherboard.

turned out it had a shitty voltage control and that made overclocking a pain in the ass. had to keep my i5 2500k at 4.3ghz.
also there was a lot of noise in the audio so I mainly used usb headphones but that's not really ideal.

now I spend some more in hopes of getting less cheap parts.