Hey! Anyone interested in an ISO of Red Star OS? I got a link

Other urls found in this thread:

openingupnorthkorea.com/DPRK Red Star.iso
openingupnorthkorea.com/downloads-2
openingupnorthkorea.com/Red Star OS 3.0 Desktop/redstar_desktop3.0_sign.iso
github.com/blackbbc/Sweet-OS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, thanks, i use windows already

>Using a literal OS made by a dictatorship.
I'll stick to Trisquel.

hook me up chingu

It's for VM, you know, if you are interested in see it and try?

How old is this version?

No thanks.

Here guys

openingupnorthkorea.com/DPRK Red Star.iso

I'd be more interested in a link for this.

I have a tutorial if you can't start it if you don't understand korean

I live in Seoul. This weekend I went to a talk given by a guy who escaped North Korea. He finished university in the North, but even still he said he had basically zero exposure to computers before leaving, and had to learn from square one how to use a computer as an adult (he was only like 35 IIRC).

Go away Kim.

Jokes aside, Red Star OS looks pretty good, Kim has good taste

Isn't this the old version and not the MacOS clone?

Yeah, most people in the DPRK never touch a computer in their lives, but for those that do, they mostly end up using Redstar. The elites get to used to OSX and Windows.

IIRC, the main feature is that it scans all of your files, including on any flashdrives that you plug in, and it tags all the documents, videos, and audio files with metadata including your hostname. Since flashdrives are the main way files circulate in the DPRK, this lets the government track who has been sharing files.

can someone pry up the DE and make a package? Like fuck this is a bad osx/finder clone yet looks better than other DEs

There was an activist group that at the moment, let 1000 usb and sd cards into the country by drones. How can the people see them?

Also, a lot of North Koreans that escaped said that they had (illegally) foreign music and tv shows

>impoverished NK slaves made a more visually appealing OS than the combined effort of millions of western neckbeard developers
lmao

topkek

The guy I heard said he'd seen some foreign movies on cheap chink dvd players (like pic related I assume).

Interesting, but can't you answer my first question?

Those shitty DVD players will also take USB drives.

...and Sd cards.

/Thread

Funny coincidence, I'm half north-korean and my father worked for the governement. If you want I can share some details.

I don't know if this is bait, but I would love to

Nice try Kim.

Yes

Jesus fuck, what?

see

Danke

wut

Post the wallpapers. I kind of collect OS wallpapers and i couldnt get red star to work in virtualbox when i tried it.

Delete your post

I can't get them now, but they have a lot of them, some actually are draws and paints of North Korea

Is the web browser more or less botnet than Chrome?

>>impoverished NK slaves
>falling for western propaganda

and im the pope

open the iso in something like 7zip and navigate through the files

one of the first results on google
openingupnorthkorea.com/downloads-2

no need to wait for OP to finish his bullshit and post the link

testt

What now?

test1

admin

OP here
Here's the link:
openingupnorthkorea.com/Red Star OS 3.0 Desktop/redstar_desktop3.0_sign.iso

ching chong
ling long

have you tried turning it off and on again?

That doesn't look like gentoo...

Because it's not you dumbass

this site also has the Red Star OS Server iso, tempted to set it up hosting a site on a vps

Yes I would like it

see

Its sweet os u tard.

what is that

Where would they be though?
They arent in any of the redstar ones.

nevermind, i found it.

It just occurred to me that this would be a great way to smuggle information in and out of North Korea, just a simple comment in some C header file would be enough!

I wonder if there are any hidden messages there right now?

Next crusade when?

Same for Windows, Mac OS and Red Hat.

You'd better be using Libreboot...

please say your the person who took us into the life of redstar OS, that was a 10/10 post

To bad it would be almost impossible to prove its bait or not, since everything in best korea is fucking insane

delet this

Thanks

I think its this but I have no clue how you would install it.
github.com/blackbbc/Sweet-OS

Whats that

I guess that's it. Thanks. I can't get it to work though. I did make image but I tried both to mount a.img as a disk and boot media in QEMU but none of it worked. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I am quite interested...

I'm trying to make it work too. I'm using virtualbox and I'm getting the same error 'no bootable media found'