Need to use Windows because of some program related to my calculator and because using Virtualbox is troublesome

>need to use Windows because of some program related to my calculator and because using Virtualbox is troublesome
>don't want to make a dualboot
>take my GNU/Linux HDD off my laptop, put blank one, install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it with a DVD
>the setup is finished
>first time using Windows since 5 years
>the display is shit. My screen is 1600*900 and the maximum resolution Windows gives me is 1024*768
>wifi doesn't work (I could understand, no drivers maybe)
>ETHERNET DOESN'T WORK
>remove HDD, get hack to GNU/Linux
>post on Sup Forums

How am I supposed to deal with this bullshit ? Even the most simple configuration is fucking impossible

>doesn't install any drivers
>wonders why it doesn't work
>shitposts on Sup Forums

Kys

>kys
This isn't Call of Duty.

How am I supposed to install drivers when even my fucking ethernet doesn't work ?

Where are the winfags saying GNU/Linux doesn't have drivers support ? At least ethernet just werks

Plan ahead. Dumbass.

does your laptop have a usb drive or sd-card slot?
find your wifi adapter driver and put it on that

How could I even think that the most basic feature of an operating system wouldn't work ?

It does. I'll do that. Though, it doesn't solve my display problem.

put your graphics driver on there too

Why should Microsoft have bundle every possible OEM driver in their installer ISO?

If you didn't have some obscure ethernet adapter you wouldn't have this problem, there's already hundreds of Microsoft generic drivers for a shit load of devices.

If you don't load the driver into the kernel in Linux, it wouldn't work either dumbass.

>It does. I'll do that. Though, it doesn't solve my display problem.
Oh, you are just a troll.

ITT: Windows viral marketers in full damage control

This has to be bait

He fell for the superior windows driver support meme.

>expecting Windows to work without hours of thinkering and troubleshooting.
Use a love USB to download the drivers you need for Windows.

>using Virtualbox is troublesome
wut.
use QEMU + KVM, then
what program is this?

Virtualbox has a braindead easy way of passing USB devices into the guest.

Pretty sad windows still cant autoinstall atleast the ethernet driver, but yea, I always look up all the drivers first, save them to a flash drive and then install the OS

When i reinstall Windows on peolpe's notebooks i use a live usb to save the data and run lspci to know the hardware and search the drivers whle i reinstall Windows.

>install 10 year old OS
>complain it doesn't work
Windows 10 works out of the box for everything.

>install 10 year old OS
>on a 15 year old hardware
>it doesn't just werk
Epic

>something happened.

>How could I even think that the most basic feature of an operating system wouldn't work ?

even if laptops have other brands parts, you cant just install other brands drivers, something i learned a long ass time ago with laptops when i tried to update the graphics driver but everything shit itself because i didn't use the laptop specific driver.

with most user built computers, windows has a basic driver that gets shit done till you get the real driver, but even then, you may need to install the drivers before shit works.

i actually hd missing ethernet drivers on windows 10. good thing i have a debian install in dual-boot that i was able to use to get the driver on a usb mass storage device.