RX480 worst GPU on the market

>videocardz.com/61667/what-reviewers-say-about-radeon-rx-480-exceeding-pci-express-power-specifications

>In games, the Radeon RX 480 exceeds 150 Watt thermal design power and PCIe specification. On average, we have 156 watts measured at games, in Furmark the card even pulls at reduced clock 169 watts. Extremely problematic is the fact that the Radeon RX 480 draws up to 88 watts from motherboard slot, although specifications only allow 75 watts. This may in some motherboards cause instability. Since AMD card already operates above the standard, far above the limit, it is not advised to perform overclocking experiments with the reference design, which has only one additional 6-pin connector. Here one can only hope that AMD’s partners offer boards with standards-compliant layout and sufficient power supply.

AMD is fucking done

Bankrupt by end of 2016

Who will replace my motherboard ?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-960,4038-8.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vFJXGQ4nL8w
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/d4sy0c3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DAY ONE POOLOORIS EPIDEMIC

>overclocking reference
>even buying a reference

No one does this.

Here's your (You). You can go now.

wait for custom cards if you are so anal about this non-issue

Fuck off back to your daycare board manchild.

Get out

That's from single PCI-E slot?

Isn't that really bad for your mobo?

>using a loop to measure electrical shit

kill urself

WTF how does this makes me manchild you literal nigger?

RX480 is DAMAGING YOUR FUCKING MOTHERBOARD DUE TO NOT FOLLOWING PCI-E STANDARDS

>this non-issue
Only a true shill would call an actual fire hazard a "non-issue".

>We skipped long-term overclocking and overvolting tests, since the Radeon RX 480’s power consumption through the PCIe slot jumped to an average of 100W, peaking at 200W. We just didn’t want to do that to our test platform.
yikes

fuck off n/v/idiot

The RX480 is the savior of PC gaming and VR.

Go back to Sup Forums

I have a pair of reference 290 ex bitcoin miners. I enjoy setting the target temp to 60 and the max fan speed to 95% and firing up unigine Valley. Vroom Vroom baby

you're not supposed to draw that much power from the 24 pin, it will literally melt.

>1) The RX 480 has passed PCIe compliance testing with PCI-SIG. This is not just our internal testing. I think that should be made very clear. Obviously there are a few GPUs exhibiting anomalous behavior, and we've been in touch with these reviewers for a few days to better understand their test configurations to see how this could be possible.

>2) Update #2 made by the OP is confused. There is a difference between ASIC power, which is what ONLY THE GPU CONSUMES (110W), and total graphics power (TGP), which is what the entire graphics card uses (150W). There has been no change in the spec, so I would ask that incorrect information stop being disseminated as "fact."

>We will have more on this topic soon as we investigate, but it's worth reminding people that only a very small number of hundreds of RX 480 reviews worldwide encountered this issue. Clearly that makes it aberrant, rather than the rule, and we're working to get that number down to zero.

Yeah man, we have real manly discussions to get back too, such as " Why aren't you using linux as a desktop OS' And 'Which distro of linux is the least shitty' and 'Why do girls run away when I want to explain why linux is the best everyday OS"

Yeah man, we need more space for those amazing threads.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So how much this sucks for a person that has single PCI-E slot

>We're a hardware review site but we decided to not look further into this potential issue. We'll still report it and let all kinds of bullshit rumors emerge.

>RX480 is DAMAGING YOUR FUCKING MOTHERBOARD DUE TO NOT FOLLOWING PCI-E STANDARDS

Like the entire Nvidia 9 series did and was never an issue?

Are you retarded?

In your wet dreams faggot

[citation needed]

How do they manage to fuck up like this?

Aren't they supposed to have an extremely high-grade group of engineers who test stuff like this before releasing the damn card?

I'm scared now D: what will happen to us???

I can't tell, troll, asshole, shill, or butthurt idiot justifying his purchase.

Look I love AMD and have usually gone with them since my first rig, an AM386SX, but they made some completely needless mistakes with their review cards. Wouldn't you want the card that you release first to have the stablest voltage, the beefiest cooler, the best binned silicon? Why marr your product with great silicon but inadequate supplemental power and a shitty cooler?

it is but amdcucks will defend it still

>Can't counter argument
>More ad hominem and blind brand loyalty

Holy fucking damaged parts and housfires

t-thanks RX480

name one 9 series card that violates the spec

>Rumors

"Huh, I've jumped up and down on this glass bridge twice and its shown signs of cracking already! But to stop now would mean that the danger of this activity is only a rumor"

>3 (you)s

Nice, still I was hoping for more ;_;

It was only the asus 970 or something like that

Like any faggot buying a 480 can afford an $800 VR HMD. Rofl wow AMD shills are fucking retarded.

kek

buttravaged AMDrone

The competition would be the 1060, which is supposedly coming out in a week

yesterday:
> Nvidia is finished, rx480 best gpu ever lmao

today
> Amd is finished, rx480 worst gpu ever

so... which one is true Sup Forums? AMDead or Nshit?

test

Nvidia tentative FUD #6,213x10^120

omg I swear AMD is doing stuff. and it's bad. hmmkay

Literally the worst GPU ever made.

test2

oh right, now we should wait.
what happened to amd are waitfags?

The TL;DR for the RX480:

It's pretty good for $200 bucks.

So I can now replace every single part in my system because I bought a cheap 199$ chinese assembled gpu ?

Awesome. Do not even think about Crossfire.

I just want to thank my NvidiaBros on Sup Forums for stopping me from making a stupid decision of buying a rx480.

The card is fine for the price. Everyone is overreacting.

You need to take a break from Sup Forums for a little bit

Currently, its AMDone, but maybe after 3rd party boards or the 1060 is utter shit.

Your mobo is a piece of shit if it won't handle 8 additional watts

This image was clearly edited. Look at the white border.

960 Strix.

But that was specifically ASUS. The other 960 cards didn't pound the PCIe slot without lube, to my knowledge.

what happened to last night's FUD that LOL AMD CANTO WIN AGAINST A SIXU QUINTLLION YEARS OLD 970 GUISE.

which, as I've said, wasn't even the target prime competitor for its class. NOw we should wait till nvidia launches a card with lower bandwidth and that will cannibalize it's entire SKU below the 1070 for 150 dollars? yeah, right. keep waiting.

not nvidia's fault

The 960 Strix has peaks in power draw way over 200w over the PCI-E slot, and the card in total peaks over 350w.

I just got here, son. You are probably mad at another AMDrone other than myself. All the twists and spins you've been plotting today must've taken a toll on you.

I'm not sure why you're so dead set on comparing cards from different price brackets AND different generations. Where is your logic?

He curiously recommends it, also.

>Nvidiots with their goy blinders completely ignore this

iT was nvidia's logic not even 10 hours ago.
I've been saying for as long as I remember that this release should be going against nvidia's x60 sku's.

Now you guys who've been spinning this narrative. yesterday it was the prime target (becuase some faulty leaks were leading to the belief that the Rx480 wouldn't be able to compete against the 970 {or more precisely a 6quintillion years old card from nvidia} and now it roflstomped it everybody is rushing to push that it's irrelevant narrative.

apex kek

my motherboard is crying just by looking at this shit

FECES

hope you already sold your AMD stocks

damn....

its shit its nothing near what it was hyped for it doesnt oc its over heating it is weaker than gtx 970
and in europe atm it's as expensive as gtx970
pointless utterly pointless and i was waiting for it for a long time too bad, now im waiting for gtx1060 to replace my r9 380 instead i guess.

Only retards would buy anything from nvidia @ $300 price point. There is no point buying the 9xx series anymore, they will fall beyond the radeon cards about ~10-15% in the coming 3 years. Also the rx480 rocks at dx12 and vulkan, these api-s are the future.

>buying a budget card every year

Friend.....

a metric for benchmarking which has never been used before in any review that I've read.

It suddenly makes sense to showcase it, and leave all of the other cards in comparison without the same specific testing.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been used before.

Hint: it has.

>amd user here guise.
>gonna switch to glorious Nvidia and leave this disgusting trash [that literally makes me butt hurt so very very much every time I find myself in need of uttering its name aloud because of my job] behind.

youtube.com/watch?v=vFJXGQ4nL8w
So this is the best HTPC on the market right now.

Why

Why

Why did things have to be like this

I just wanted a nice, uneventful launch and some nice video cards

But instead it's turned into a shitshow, the 480 sucks, it's slower than a 970, it violates pcie spec, it overheats

It's just a disaster...

>hitman
what next ashes of singularity?
its same as 50% more fps on nvidia!*
*with hair works and invisible rock tessellation on

amd flopped this it... again and there is no denying it

with is sad beacause i was counting on rx480 a lot

vega will save us

AMD has a counter for hidden tesselation now.

Wait for the next generation.

nvidia fags on sucide watch

>Who will replace my motherboard ?

Nobody, because your a shill and the second paragraph of your own article refutes your claim:

>Excessive load from PCIe slot is not limited, because it’s within safe reserves. In the worst case scenario the motherboard would switch off. However with our Asus Z170-Deluxe in the test system, the Radeon RX 480 ran smoothly, and also with our MSI Z97 Gaming 3 there were no abnormalities ...

Unless you have a shitty cheap mobo this isn't going to matter. Also, let's not forget that these are reference models you fucking brand-loyal shit heads. It's a fucking $200 card. Stop pretending it's designed to compete with 1070s and 1080s

>oc when card is already pushing spec
that's like taking a high stress performance engine and slapping a turbo on it. of course it will blow up.

>materialism the board

it's exactly the poorfags who buy budget motherboards without supplemental pcie power that needs to worry about this. aka the entire 480 market.

depending on the game it can compete with the 1070 kek

But it will have to compete with the 1060, I'd rather spend ~$50 more and get a decent card out of it rather than this mediocre shitshow with no overclocking capabilities whatsoever.
>brand-loyal shit heads
Pot, meet kettle.

Fuck that nigga. I'm getting a god damn 1050 when it comes out. AMD are over. My 7870 has served me well, but now that it's dying it's time to switch to Nvidia.

buy high sell low as they say
i made mistake i rushed and got 380 instead of 970 or 390 and it turns out i need something more powerful

what makes you think i hate r9 380? its good card way better than gtx 960
if i got 960 i would be in even more hurry to replace it.
380 is just insufficient for me i like having 60fps in games and 380 doesnt provide that
if i bought 390 i probably wouldnt think about replacing it yet ,same for 970.

You supposed to read the entire article and not single paragraphs Rajit. Other than that it still doesnt follow PCI-SGI standard.

The funniest thing is that the retarded AMDumbs are saying that the stock speeds aren't the be all and end all, it's already drawing 164 watts on average without an Overclock, you're literally asking for a fried mobo if you do OC.
I think it's built into the card that it will shit itself at a 1.5% overclock in order to stop the card from frying the system.

>970 performance
>200 bucks
This card has single handedly pushed what used to be 300-350 dollar performance down to a 200 usd price point.

It's doing what it set out to do.
Let's see how 1050/1060 are doing, which is the natural competitor for this segment.

All in all, it's pretty meh. Which is to be expected

Is the 4GB version out yet?

the rx480 does NOT fail spec
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/d4sy0c3

Why do they always fuck up?

lmao the fury x

>1060 good
lol not like the 960 was better than the competition
> no overclocking capabilities
>reference cards
I wonder why also see

>Unless you have a shitty cheap mobo this isn't going to matter

so the entire poorfagging community has a 500+$ mobo? Sure thing kid.

>960
Pro advice: start comparing it to 750ti it will look even better

>1,5% oc
but thats wrong see

>amd shills in charge of reading comprehension

you guys are sad.

>amd
>high grade anything

lmao