RX 480

Let's sum it up:

*Costs more than a non-reference GTX 970 (Europe here) despite having significantly worse performance (except in selected DX12 titles)
*Despite 14nm still same efficiency as old 28nm 970s
*Violates PCIe specification due to too high power draw from the slot
*Literally no overclock headroom
*Extremely cheap cooler who makes the card run hot AND is somewhat loud

Nvidias 970 is a fucking two years old gimped cripple card and it is still a clearly better choice than the 480.

WHAT
THE
FUCK
AMD.

inb4
>hurr durr 480 is much more future proof due to 8GB and async compute
The 480 can't even handle game settings which push VRAM over 4GB. It's just like these snakeoil shitcards like the GT 730 with 4GB. Do you think that card is also more futureproof?

I really hope the custom designs will fix these issues, otherwise the graphics card market is still fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

oc.jagatreview.com/2016/06/teaser-overclocking-amd-radeon-rx480-ke-1-4ghz-dengan-cooler-3rd-party/2/
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/
pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=186&sort=a8&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was about to sell my 380 to get the 480 but now that I've seen what this card does I think its better to stay with my card and wait for vega.

Oh great, another thread that we've had over a dozen times already today! These threads with pretty much exactly the same content never get tiresome don't they? They're really fun just like copypasta threads!

Now how about you go post on your blog or on your home board of Sup Forums and stop bothering us?

here's the (you) you wanted mr. shill

Do we really need 100 threads every time a shitty GPU is released?

don't amd memecards take a year or so to shit on older Nvidia cards?

The 380 now destroys the 960. The 480 will eventually do the same with the 970.

If anything it's the 390 and 390x that suck hardcore.

>Europe price
Irrelevant
>Efficiency
Semi-relevant, but the efficiency data was mainly coming from 390->480, which the target was met.
>Violates PCIe specs
Currently under investigation because this is not the intended power consumption target.
>OC
With reference to the above, OC is limited due to the current issue under investigation
>cooler
Runs perfectly fine and is quiet enough in normal load.

Also, you're dumb.

>significantly slower than 970
any source for that because thats not what ive seen

Report and sage, nothing to see here

sorry too busy partying hard to properly design gpu's

same but i still have some slim trace of hope for after market cards but not much

Literally none of those bullet point are true.
>Two nGoym points have been deposited in your GayForced Experience account

How much are you people being paid?

Am I correct in thinking many of the GTX 970 cards have a cooler which is zero rpm at idle?

I just don't know why anyone would buy this leaf blower from AMD when it's the same price as a much quieter tried and true 970. New Zealand here and the 970 is only chump change more than the 970.

explain pic pls, like my third time seeing it

Europe price is actually relevant you mong.

i bought a 970 after seeing the benchmarks this morning

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK WE DON'T NEED 2.73 MILLION GPU THREADS FUCK OFF

Its not relevant because MSRP is released as US dollars. Europe and their VAT and their tax system is completely independent of US MSRP pricing.

So its completely irrelevant.

>Costs more than a non-reference GTX 970 (Europe here) despite having significantly worse performance (except in selected DX12 titles)
Wrong the cheapest 970 is costing $400 compared to the $340 RX480
>Despite 14nm still same efficiency as old 28nm 970s
It's set to compete with the 960 and it beats it and the 970
>Violates PCIe specification due to too high power draw from the slot
ONE confirmed case.
>Literally no overclock headroom
oc.jagatreview.com/2016/06/teaser-overclocking-amd-radeon-rx480-ke-1-4ghz-dengan-cooler-3rd-party/2/
>Extremely cheap cooler who makes the card run hot AND is somewhat loud
Literally the same as every reference (founders edition for nvidiots)
thank you

the 390 and 390x are just rehashed 290 and 290x's. so yes they suck at this point

its chief or radeon technology group and amd employees partying

I'm so sorry you're retarded user

>ONE confirmed case.
Actually on the main AyyMD leddit thread multiple sources have come forward in the last 10 hours confirming including a reputable german site.

Review BIOS were creating the PCI-E problem (BTW you can BIOS unlock the 480 4GB to the 8GB if you use that same review BIOS, you have the higher-watt-usage on a mobo, but any mobo above 60$ is going to be fine)

>The US is the only country that matters

Holy fuck kill yourself

how do the suck if they outperform 480 both of them and 390x is better than both 480 and 970 in fact 390x outperform 980

so i dont see why somone would regret buying it
few months a go

Yes, let me wait a year for my card to become relevant.

Sadly the 970 is actually selling for $100 less than the 480 at this point, the 970 is actually a much better deal

>1425 Mhz
Silicon lottery? Google translation said they were using 2xPowerColor model and 2xAMD supplied models.

tbqh, US is THE only country that matters. Europe is a vast collection of small tiny countries that overall equal the whole US economy.

i'm sorry your card wasnt what you expected, amd shill.

Dude, just move to america

where are they at where you can smoke cigars inside of clubs? germany?

Not true, retail 480s have the same problem, see the last update here: reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/

lol

The same goes for the US, retard.

Except it is. If that weren't the case you'd have your own video card companies. But you don't, so instead you get to sponge off the leftovers.

What is that image supposed to show me? that the 480 consumes the same amount of power as a 970?

Also can blow your PCIE

>In games, the Radeon RX 480 exceeds 150 Watt thermal design power and PCIe specification.

Those are actually in american dollars

and another source

yikes

>gaming
please fucking leave this board, we dont take kindly to Sup Forums

Typical Americans who have no idea a world exists outside of their country

It performs better and has better efficiency than the 970 according to techpowerup.
The price in Europe right now is about 300€, while the 970 is 350€. The highish price is probably due to shortage.
>Violates PCIe specification
So did the 750 and 960 and literally nothing happened.
Now fuck off.

yup, it was supossed to be way more efficient than a 970, this 970 is OC'd, whereas the stock 480 draws the same power.

so that cant be used as an argument either, i bought my 970 for 13$ more than the 480, and it ships today, not in 2 weeks when the stock recovers.

>This butthurt AMDrone
You AMDfags are the biggest shitposters, but it's funny how upset you get when you get a taste of your own medicine.

US is not made up of multiple countries.

Are you stupid?

Doesn't matter, the world economy revolves around a US dollar because of the strength of US economy and its ability to enforce/project/protect its dollar.

Go be butthurt somewhere else.

A world exists outside of it, and that world is lucky the US allows them to have functional PC hardware. What do I get from where you live again? I mean, you won't even say, most likely out of shame.

>Europe price
europe price applies to all cards in europe, you motherfucking mong

>The US is the most powerful country, therefore other countries don't matter

The logic you made to get there is astounding.

>350€
not really
where i live the cheapest 480 is currently 306 euro
while cheaper factory over clock 970 are 280-290 euro

It's getting 83 fps in this test

Now you're just mad

not him but see

This is Sup Forums any time any new consumer product is announced or released. Ever been here during an Apple conference?

and your 970 has 3.5gbs of vram and no a-sync, in addition to having to pay extra if you ever want adaptive sync, and your card will most likely lose performance over time/the AMD card will gain lots of performance over time

1399 RON/309.19 EUR/343.67 US Dollars in Romania for a reference pre-order RX 480

It's good enough, i would have expected it to go over 1600 RON. THANKS, EUROPE/ROMANIA VAT FOR FUCKING ME LESS IN THE ASS

i have no reason to upgrade from a 7950, still.

>despite having significantly worse performance (except in selected DX12 titles)
Good to see you're forward thinking, as is usual for Europeans

>how dare you make threads i dont like in my sacred board that is Sup Forums, this board is all my life
>abloo-bloo abloo-bloo
Too bad you can do nothing about it :^)

Not everyone lives in the same place, genius

>bought 970 today
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>970
>still a clearly better choice than the 480
not in my country.
Nvidia here is expensive

Delete this

still less than a custom-cooler 970

buttblasted uropoop detected

we don't even know what 1060 will offer
but if leaks are true someone was running wild with a scalpel so may be we will again get same performance as 970

480 is shit and lose few % to 970 for now but im 100% sure over time it will revers

in my opinion wait for after market 480 and wait for 1060 and than ask again

>buying a 970
>ever
i weep for humanity

>390x outperforms 980
>fury x doesn't even outperform 980

It gets better, the 480 stomps the 970 in mordor at 1440p Ultra

1060 will be an overpriced piece of shit just like the 960 is. fucking wow, 128bit? the 380 shits all over it, price and performance-wise

>He didn't bought a GTX970 one year ago when they where $5500.

AMD is always more expensive in Mexico and below.

please jump off a cliff, green memeboy :^)

EVERYONE SAID THAT
DON'T TRUST AMD

I think it's more expensive in India as well, 380 cost as much as a 970 at one point

>fury x doesn't even outperform 980
proofs other than rise of tomb raider

he wasn't even worth the reply

1060 has 196 bit bus tho
but i agree about 960 and 380
380 is clearly better of those 2

>What is a filter

This one slipped through (^:

No but seriously, consider suicide.

>Australia
>480 is more expensive than 970 which shits all over it.

I've refused to buy Nvidia for years after I dealt with hostile customer support from them almost a decade ago, but holy shit both the 300 and 400 range being complete fucking duds is really pushing it for me.

I'm more interested about the 480's supposedly out of spec power draw.

Sadly the 970 is actually a far better deal than the 480 right now.

Their performance is nearly identical, but here are the prices:

480: $350
970: $250

It's not really that big of a problem (i.e doesn't actually break motherboards) and it's actually pretty common. Picture related is how one particular GTX 960 draws power over the PCIe bus and it hasn't been reported to to cause blown motherboards or been recalled.

Sorry you've got blinders on

The irony is I live in the US and despise ignorant fucks like you

Macau

lol, show me this alleged $250 970

Hey there, I'm not biased at all (I own a graphics card) but I'd advise you to always buy Nvidia™, because Nvidia™ runs faster, cooler, and gives more frames and GHz when overclocked. Nvidia™ let's me play games The Way it's Meant to be Played, and with Nvidia's innovative GameWorks™ development framework powering over 90% of up and coming titles this year, you'd be a fool to even consider a card from an inferior company. I could talk to you about drivers (amd has none, not one driver) but you're probably already sold by now. Buy any Nvidia™ card at any price point and you will NOT be disappointed!

Uhh that doesn't go over the spec, the 480 is literally the only card to do so

Only with MIR included or in used market you will find 970 for that price point.

>480: $350
??? Picture related

That's JUST for the PCIe bus, where 75W is the maximum allowed by spec.

AMDrones btfo.

Brand new 970, $247

pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=186&sort=a8&page=1

>find the SJW cuck

Kek amdfags on suicide watch

>not a single one in stock

Guess what buddy, AMD lied just like Nvidia did, you cannot and will not be able to buy them at that price for a very long time.

Check eBay if you want to see what it's going for, $350 and up.