The Linux on the Desktop Experience Has Failed

It's almost 25 years since the Linux kernel was released for the first time, and we still cannot have a decent desktop experience

>There's Steam for Linux but there are not decent games
>The audio on Linux is still a mess
>I can't use my Wi-Fi card because the drivers won't work
>There are no decent drivers for my video card
>Spotify on Linux is no longer being mantained
>Still no professional software like 3ds max, photoshop, ms office and no... I cannot use blender, gimp, or libre office
>Font rendering on Linux sucks
>I can't tranfer files to my Android device without installing 3rd party shit
>and the list continues...

Why you keep using this meme OS which is poor optimized for a decent desktop experience? why not use a normal OS like Windows or Mac? The only reason why you would use this meme OS it's either you are a pedo or a "desktop ricer xDD". There's no other reason to use Linux on the desktop in 2016.

>it's a low effort concern troll thread

Microsoft Shills

Font rendering on GNU is fine on my Debian machine, ALSA gives me smooth incredible audio, the only thing that is a mess is pulseaudio, buy a new wifi card, gaming is for children, Spotify is gross use DeaDBeeF, Blender, Krita and LaTeX are fucking bomb, also are you working with 3D models? Because many professionals use Blender and love it. It actually requires no third party shit, just some configuration to get done, works fine for me to transfer files and use ADB, also go on..

You're retarded

There is Kerbal Space Program for Linux, why would you need anything else game wise?

Build the wall spic.

>Spotify
Why does it need to keep being maintained? I still use Spotify on PowerPC OS X and they dropped support years ago.

linux is for hobbyists, OSX and Windows are for professionals.

It works for me and my needs. I have had none of those issues.

That's why I use it. Until Gnu/Linux is inferior to its alternatives for my needs, I will continue to use it.

>I don't play videogames in any capacity for over a year now
>Audio works
>Wifi card works on 6 different models of laptop I've used out of box
>Drivers perfect for my hardware (both amd and nvidia)
>Libreoffice and gimp do the job I NEED
>Font rendering has more options thsn wanfblows
>Android works. Install mtp and adb

Any more?

t. Pajeet
Ubuntu and many other free OS's are used in many pro jobs like FUCKING NASA, MIT, and GNU is used in all quantum computers and powers all the datacenters and almost all the servers out there, keep shilling faggot, FOSS is the future because it will last forever more and longer than your shitty corporate overlords decide to cut support for software.

Counterpasta
>there are plenty of games in Linux and this was without a good universal API like Vulkan
>Alsa works great, Pulseaudio a shit
>Wi-Fi cards need proprietary blobs most of the time and they do work
>Nvidia proprietary drivers are impressive, even AMD is trying to catch up with open source drivers and user blob hybrids
>kek Spotify; deadbeef, mpc+ncmpcpppcpppcppcppp, or Clementine
>LibreOffice, Latex, and Gimp all do great jobs
>Font rendering is an unholy mess on Windows, Linux is fine
>install some mtp software from your repos, what's the problem with it?
>list continues but I could refute it as well
Why do you dislike this OS that is perfectly capable of running on a desktop? It's dominant literally everywhere except the desktop.

>>There's Steam for Linux but there are not decent games
I can name at LEAST 60 that are worth playing
>>are not decent games
(You)
>>The audio on Linux is still a mess
Works on my machineā„¢. Hell, it has worked just fine on every last computer I've put Linux on
>>I can't use my Wi-Fi card because the drivers won't work
See above
>>Spotify on Linux is no longer being mantained
>He still streams music from the internet on a local machine in THE CURRENT YEAR
>>Still no professional software like 3ds max, photoshop, ms office and no... I cannot use blender, gimp, or libre office
>implying you actually have a job that requires professional software
Set up a VM if you need """professional software""" so bad
>>Font rendering on Linux sucks
Windows somehow has better font rendering?
>>I can't tranfer files to my Android device without installing 3rd party shit
This is somehow easier on Windows? It's 10x easier for me to just put my SD Card into a reader slot/USB reader and transfer it that way on Windows AND Linux

Fuck out of here

I hate Linux as much as you do but I forced myself to use so that I could learn it and it has started to grow on me. The sad thing is you can either use Linux or play video games, not both.

Didn't Valve have a huge movement for bringing vidya to Linux?

Shit seems ot have died after the VR meme came along.

>using steam on linux
Ignore stallman's vision of Games as art, Steam is DRM, just emulate and play FOSS clones

this and minecraft. yeah yeah, i know

>i play Insurgency, Hotline Miami, Terraria, and CS:GO all day
>i plug in my headphones and they work just fine
>dropped in a wireless pci x1 card and my os automatically installed the drivers for it while i booted up
>_my_ card works just fine, go proprietary
>>spotify
>blender, gimp and libreoffice are just fine, theres also the whole "wine" thing
>font rendering looks pretty good on most stock distros
>literally plug phone in and use it as a mass storage device
>the list stops

Ubuntu, nigger.

stop being a manchild
What is Atheros?
stop being a manchild
>Still no professional software like 3ds max, photoshop, ms office and no... I cannot use blender, gimp, or libre office
sounds like a personal problem
sounds like a personal problem
android is fucking linux and you can't figure out how to transfer files to it?

Literally none of these are the fault of the Linux kernel

>muh games
Dual boot with Windows 7 or 8 you pleb.
>audio is a mess
Works fine for me.
>no decent wifi card drivers
Sounds like a personal problem. Don't buy a $120 chink laptop next time and you might receive better support for your hardware.
>no decent video card drivers
See my last answer.
>muh Spotify
Stop being such a stupid nigger and just pirate your music, stupid cunt. People who use these shit services and whine about the price of 1s and 0s piss me off more than anything.
>gimp
>not using pinta
>"wut iz wine?"
Shameful. Pinta is just as good as MS paint. Also, there's literally nothing wrong with Libre office.
>font rendering sucks
Still better than Windows.
>boo hoo I have to install drivers for my specific device
You'll need to install them on Windows as well. The only difference is that it'll try to automatically download them for you. Are you retarded?
>meme OS
LINUX IS NOT A FUCKING OPERATING SYSTEM IT IS A GOD DAMN KERNEL AND THE OS ARE BASED ON GNU YOU MOTHERFUCKING TECH ILLITERATE FAG
>if you care about your privacy then you're a paedophile
I suppose you'd be ok with me coming into your house unannounced and digging through all of your personal belongings? My computer isn't even encrypted and I'd gladly hand over my password if a legitimate search warrant is provided. Nice try NSA, but you're not above the law. Get your warrant and enjoy my memes, music, and vacation photos. Saged.

There are tons of Linux compatible games. Just have a look at Humblebundle, GOG (or Steam if you swing that way).

OP is a fag. Move along people, nothing to see here

Indie games are okay, but for bigger it's like we always get Saint's Row instead of GTA.

How did you get that because it sucks for me still

>It's a Pajeet thread

Poo in loo, friend, poo in loo.

TAKE THE POO

b8ing in a post thread

>The audio on Linux is still a mess
Never had these problems