The Fury Nano bracket fit perfectly.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qk6ug/Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Got any pics?

Did you overclock?

Noice!

Case doesn't have any LED's in it, sun will come up soon though I'll take pics then.

And yes it's running at 1487 Mhz but it can't get any more power over 6 pin, temps are fine with the waterblock though, 65~ ÂșC with an H100.

can you run some other benchmarks at those clocks?

Sure, what benchmarks would you like to see?

3DMark Firestrike
Unigine Valley

Post a GPU-Z screenshot too

If you do Valley, please use the "extreme hd" preset.

Please move all graphics discussions to /gcg/, thanks!
Saged to avoid confusion.

Installing Unigine Valley and GPU-Z right now, I'll be back with screenshots after I cherrypick the best bench run :^)

nooooooiceeee

Thanks man, I'm extremely interested in seeing how these things perform when massively overclocked.
From the reviews I've read it looks like reference cards are seriously limited by heat and power so hopefully vendors will be able to fix that with custom cards and unlock the 480's true potential.

here's Valley on Extreme HD

My dick

Nvidiots on hanging from the rafters watch

what makes a video card good for VR exactly?

Being out of the GPU loop somewhat, I first thought that was a terrible score for some new card
But then oh my god, xfire under water when?

uncompressed pixels

Thanks man, I'm really interested in seeing how these cards perform when properly cooled and overclocked.
Reference cards seem really limited by heat and power so hopefully vendor cards with custom cooling and power delivery can unlock the 480's true potential

By the way, 3DMark is $5 on Steam right now if you don't have it already.

Please move all graphics card related discussions to the /gcg/ thread, thanks.
Saged to avoid any confusion.

if op isnt bullshitting, this deserves its own thread

Did he provide any pictures of the block on his 480?
If not then lol @ this thread

dude what, that almost reaches fury x tier performance, it's literally off by 1 fps

I'm probably gonna sell my fury x and buy a custom cooled rx 480 with additional power connectors

This is at 1080p...
Unless you're using your fury X for 1080 and I don't know what to tell you friend

pretty much this

I'm a bit lost - these results look underwhelming. What's the hubbub here?

I'm waiting for the custom cooled versions with a single 8 pin connector. Should be very decent for 1440, at least better than my reference 290.

Here is GPU-Z

1080p overclocked and custom cooler for 2/3rds lower than original PS3 price

true, I use my fury x to play games at 4k

still, if it overclocked to 1487mhz with just better frankenstein-tier cooling and almost reached fury x performance, I wonder what it'll overclock like given more power connectors and some proper cooling

update your gpu-z to 0.8.9 pls

sapphire's supposed to be coming out with an 8-pin custom cooled version, why idiots buy reference cards without intending to rip out the crap ref cooler and slapping on giant fans or what OP has done I will never understand

I'm guessing the target buyer is not me then. Is this like the 5770 all over again?

Sure, let me finish the other benchmarks though.

I look forward to it, might really end up selling my fury x, getting a custom cooled 480 with more power pins and overclocking that shit, because my fury x overclocks like shit, and I'd love to have less power draw and more fps lol

It's a budget card for poorfags, did you miss that part of the AMD shilling? I'm waiting to see what Vega has to offer, if it disappoints I'm going to wait for Navi vs. Volta generation. Either way I'm not upgrading any time soon since I'm content with the card I have.

rx 480 is not a "high-end" flagship card like Fury X, what are you doing wanting to get a card on the completely opposite end of the spectrum? Should have bought Nvidia if you wanted to play AAA games NOW instead of waiting for AMD to let drivers mature properly the way they're handling cards like 7970 and up

pic and timestamp plz OP

TW3 @ 1080 and 1440p?
I know primitive discard helps, but hairworks off thou :3
(if you don't have 1440p monitor, use VSR plz)

you could also run tests with video encoding, does it really take no FPS hit when recording/streaming?

I know what's high end and what isn't, no need to lecture me on what I should/shouldn't buy

OP is kill

I already tested the recording thing. There's no noticeable hit when using OBS Studio using HVEC.

While I own the Witcher 3, I don't have it installed. Not gonna install a 60 gig game for this. Downloading Firestrike now though.

>tfw I have a fermi GPU inside my laptop
It hits 98 celsius ingame, the bottleneck is huge since at the same time CPU temps go to ridiculous levels too thanks to the based GPU cooking the entire interior.

I want to see what it looks like. Post guts.

you should treat yourself to something better

OP, what do you think about the card drawing lots of power through your PCI-E slot right now? Do you think its a problem? Thanks for posting your results.

It's about 3:30 AM, sun will come up soon user, patience :3

Happen to have context/details regarding that webm?

I have a cheap Asrock Extreme 4 Z77ITX and it hasn't blown up yet so shrug.

man, I said it before, the RX480 just needs a proper cooler and more than a 6-pin connector so it can get enough power.

I'm gonna get the 4gb version with the two power connectors once they come out; then slap on my old gpu cooler and OC them to 1600MHz and get 980ti performance for $200.

Kek. Btw leddit monitors the thread. Dont ask me why i know this...

Video cards have been doing this for years, it's not a problem at all unless you have a bottom of the barrel PSU and motherboard.

are you a mod of /r/Sup Forums?

a certain nvidia driver version that kills fermi cards

I wish. Then my life would be complete desu

>Video cards have been doing this for years, it's not a problem at all unless you have a bottom of the barrel PSU and motherboard.

The problem is that the RX480 only has enough connectors to get 150W of power, but the card itself can use over 160W. It has to draw more power through the single connector and the PCIE slot than what they are specced for. This can damage motherboards, unless you specifically get some that can deliver more than 75W on the PCIE slot.

Reference RX480 is a catastrophe. The card needs a 8-pin connector or two 6-pin ones, and a decent cooling solution, which AIBs will release in a few weeks. But AMD had to release the card gimped like that so they can market it as a cheap low-power solution, when it isn't.

>I decide to do some frankenstein science
>some disgusting crossposter dumps it on leddit

Fucking niggers.

Just post the fucking benches bitch

just do it before him to get that juicy karma

Everyone is interested in what you're doing. You're one of the first people to put a 480 under water and overclock it.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qk6ug/Sup Forums_uses_a_mounting_bracket_to_mount_a/

OP, YOU BETTER DELIVER

GET HYPE

Git the benches FASTER

>Happen to have context/details regarding that webm?

The 5xx Fermi series had awful build quality and used VRMs that exploded.

>a certain nvidia driver version that kills fermi cards

Nah, those drivers caused the cooler to shut down and the card to bake itself, the cooler is clearly working on that card so it isn't a driver fault. The VRMs just burnt up.

why does reddit ruin everything

Only potentially a problem in a very rare cases. Lest not derail the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc

shit, so you're telling me there are two, fucking TWO ways fermi cards were kill?

Hey guys nice thread you have here....

chips fell off because mah eco green

>mfw they put the reference 480 in shitty prebuilt HP computers

Rainbow Six: Siege:
Everything max 85 fps average 1440p

I did apparently have W3 installed

Witcher 3:
max no hairworks/AA 54 FPS average 1440p

post Sup Forumsuro for the new age

at least you cant downvote me for calling people niggers here

F I R E S T R I K E

If the username is good none of the content matters

Fuck you I do what I want

Nigga I'm American, my internet is SHIT

nigger

HI LEDDIT

is the RX 480 really that much of a competent VR card? afaik you want at least 90FPS stable for VR and resolutions at 1440p. i would think the RX 480 would begin to struggle with several demanding titles out even now

I want to put my computer on water. I have 2 gallons what do

turn on hairworks, lets see it scream

Based reddit

drink it all

SMILE OP YOU ARE REDDIT FAMOUS

nigger

who knows, no one ITT has VR equipment right now

why are you browsing reddit?

But then can't water computer?

Use piss, doesnt conduct electricity

see

How the fuck do i clean my PC? Its such a pain in the ass to do.

like that guy did, with a compressor

I will, I bought that Laptop many years ago back while I was still studying.
Waiting for laptops that have HBM2 GPUs.

I will probably go for a laptop with desktop class components, it's heavier but nice to have whenever I'm traveling due to work, need that power.

Forgot the company name that did those kind of Laptops, they were pretty expensive.

Air compressor with a water catch. Or you can use a sandblaster like guy in pic

I dont have one.

>and the shills said it overclocked poorly
yea im not listening to reviewers anymore they said the same thing about the 290x but im sitting on 1200mhz with my 290x and now this

Where's the firestrike nigga

r/Sup Forums:

We personally severely dislike reddit and everyone who frequents it. We believe it's a shitty, destructive echo chamber that does much more public harm than anything Sup Forums has ever done. We think it discourages communication and encourages passive, addict-like consumption. We are making reddit worse as a public service, hopefully driving you people away from this toxic, horrible website.