twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't still beta?

it's good, but freeBSD is better :^)

With no software :^^) Just buy a mac

No.
blog.linuxmint.com/
ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/linuxmint.com/stable/18/

Does it even vsync?
I also remember there being some obscure bug they couldn't find the cause of. What was it?

Nice quads

>I also remember there being some obscure bug they couldn't find the cause of. What was it?
Not enough GPU threads on Sup Forums

I remember how there were enthusiastic Mint threads on Sup Forums every now and then, most even calling it the best Linux choice (IF you're coming from Windows and want a no-brainer Linux, working out of the box).

How quickly times change..

What GPU do you have?

GTX460, why do you ask?

Going to wait for the KDE version because I'm too much of a pleb to change it myself just for the sake of seeing what's new.

Well, it just works.

Post pic

Usually that fixes the Vsync problems in the 4th dimension

Pic extremely related by the way :^^^^^^^^^)

I think you meant to reply the other dude with the vsync post.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

can't confirm
already using mac for work, no problems with it

> install pc-bsd
> install wine
> steam, fotopop
> zfs
> muh security
> mah skills

fun fact all those hobby things i do turned into well paid jobs

Bloated

install gentoo

What speaks against blow ted?

It's pretty fuckin solid. Runs fast, maybe faster than 17.3. I tried Ubuntu mate 16.04 and it was buggy as hell. Which is kind of ironic.

The following is a list of packages which are blocked by default from getting updates in order to prevent breaking the system.

dbus|*|4||
*xorg|*|4||
acpid|*|4||
mountall|*|4||
mesa|*|4||
systemd|*|4||
plymouth|*|4||
upstart|*|4||
*base-files|*|5||
*linux-|*|5||
linux|*|5||
grub|*|5||
grub2|*|5||
virtualbox|5.0.4-dfsg-2|5||

Source: github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules

If you want MATE, I found it and your standard desktop applications to be less crashy in Fedora and openSUSE.

Nice. But I prefer lmde2.

That was before the security issues on their site

They should improve the mintmenu in cinnamon. It feels too simple and inferior to mate or kde start menus.

Also, vertical panels in cinnamon when?

My computer crashes a lot on 18 for some reason. Never happened in 17.3.
Might go back to Xubuntu.

You are beta.

lrn2applet