>he hasn't refreshed his thermal paste yet

I did and it's running hotter now.

>feelsbadman

>Op is so refresher!
I just wana shit in yo mouth OP

your cooler probably isn't making flush contact

It's only been like 9 months

I made flush contact with your mum last night

It's a pain in the ass to deal with my 212 evo. Fuck it, temps aren't that much different and I have based A/C.

HEYOOOO

I'm going to beat you up OP

that's just a stupid meme right?
I have about 41°C cputemps on full load and I've never touched my 2500K cooler and propably never will.

This, even with the stock cooler set to the lowest fan speed my temps never go above 60.

This thread is dumb. I built in 2011 and won't pull it apart until I rebuild.

Does OP refresh his laptop paste?

>he didn't use high quality thermal paste and thus has to renew his shit

I refreshed your mother's thermal paste with some of my special blend.

But I have user, just 3 months ago.

Go to bed, Bruce

still running 2009 paste
no temperature increase

Tango down

the 212 is fine asides from the autistic ass installation guide and designs to place it on a CPU. like holy fuck, how do you fuck that up

Haven't done it for 6 years

Sometimes my CPU runs at 85C on load

Idle ~60C

Not broken yet
:)

still on stock cooler, running 90C on load with stock cooler, into 100s

just end it

I would refresh her thermal paste if you get my meaning.

I just keep adding fans to the case
it balances out

I killed my old pc cpu by bending the pin when I tried to clean the heatsink, not doing the same mistake to my 650$ pc

we learn from our mistakes

So

i3 light user here. Not needed.

sometimes it can dry out and crack depending on the quality and what it's made of

generally you'll never need to reapply

>tfw he actually needs to replace his thermal paste

i've never taken the stock fan off my 2009-era phenom 1. i think it actually came with a thermal pad rather than thermal paste, but that's how unsure i am because it was so long ago and i really have no reason to fiddle with something that just works.

I did and somehow managed to mess something up which caused my machine to brick itself a few hours after I turned it on again. Luckily it was just a craptop, but I think next time I want to replace the thermal paste I will take it to a computer repair store.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

I did that when I built my first computer. I didn't know you had to it in a certain way.

*put it in

Perfect 5/7
Get rekd, scrub

Remember to read the manual

Such a meme. My overclocked q9400 went 7 years without reapplying and my temps went up by like 1 or 2 degrees. You're more likely to break something on your Chinese parts fucking around with your cpu and motherboard every year.

HOLY SHIT

dude thats someone's mom you're talking about

I still have to buy a long allen key to dissasamble the heatsink
>t. mac pro 4.1 owner

I'm not cool enough guy to start fiddling with my gpu, which is trying to fan itself out of the universe.

[spoiler]Can't buy a new gpu either since it's AGP [/spoiler]

shots fired
he dead

>You're more likely to break something on your Chinese parts fucking around with your cpu and motherboard every year.

This. Things are built so cheaply these days that I only poke around internally if absolutely necessary. I even fucked up a fans bearing by trying to dust it with a small brush.

Good thing he refreshed his thermal paste or that burn could have done some serious damage!

tfw upgraded to i5 6600k from a 955

I probably coulda/shoulda waited for zen

Its going to be let down just like previous generations.

Your a fucking dumbass, those niggers do a really fucking shitty job.

how often am i supposed 2 do this?