Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums,

I got a Macbook (13,3" early 2011) for free from my company, since no one was able to get Mac OSX on it nor restore it (My company found this machine in a car they bought.) So I installed Linux Mint on it since it runs pretty well.

No one was able to get OSX on it since we need the credentials of the first user. When I try installing it I receive the error "This item is temporarily unavailable".
I don't have a restore partition. I can use internet restore from Apple but this is what gave me the error above. Can I make a bootable medium with OSX to install it? Or should I just order a 10.6 disc from the official Apple website.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372
wikigain.com/create-bootable-usb-installer-for-mac-transmac/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Format the HD from another computer, put it back in and try Internet restore again. You're welcome.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

Isn't the macbook serial no linked with the first owners Apple ID?

I don't have an other Mac device around here.
Neither do I know anyone that has one..

if date and time setting are wrong, you won't be able to do it. When booting in to recovery mode set the time through the terminal.

Also yes, as you stated you could use something like diskmaker x to make an elcapitaninstall disk. You can just download a copy of the yosemite app off tpb and diskmaker x is free.

If you don't have access to another mac to do this, download an os x vm image off tpb and go from there.

I tried recovery mode already a couple times
As following
1. Command + option + R
2. Open Terminal and edit date and time
3. Disk Utility > Format disk > Mac format (journaled)
4. Reinstall Mac OSX
5. Login with Apple ID
6. "This item is temporarily unavailable"

I'll try setting up OSX in a vm! Thanks for the help so far thought. =)

wikigain.com/create-bootable-usb-installer-for-mac-transmac/
But yes, its better to download genuine version from appstore.

Looks promising man! I'll try making a bootable usb by your method this weekend and else I will just install OSX in a VM to get a genuine version.
For now I'll just hook up with Lmint =)

I hope you're going to dual boot this shit and not use cuck os x alone

I don't get why some people say Mac's worth it for the system, I used it for quite a while and it's shit t b h

MacBooks are really well build though, I wish there were more laptops of this quality

OS X is great, shut the fuck up.

OP format the drive in recovery and then boot from a USB with Mavericks or something on it. It won't be hard to get a legit copy.

So I just need to be sure that I'm doing a offline installation?

Yes, cmd + R needs to be held down when you press the power button. Format the drive with Disk Utility here. Then reboot and hold down option to choose the bootable USB stick. You will need an Apple computer to use the bootable media creator Apple includes with the operating system, you can probably do this at an Apple store.

I don't have a mac store around, a VM with OSX will do too right?

Yea should work fine, just remember to pass the USB stick through to the VM. The real trick is getting OS X to run in a VM on non native hardware.

Look on YouTube for OS X" version" on virtualbox, there are handy guides to follow. I got El Capitan to run on (i3-2350m, 6gm ddr2), but it was slow as shit since I could give it one core

Delete system 32

>Hey mom get the camera I'm trolling Sup Forums xDD

Give it back, Jamal

Will do! Thanks.

>MOM! I posted again! XD

>MOM LOOK