Need a new graphics card, which one should I get?

Need a new graphics card, which one should I get?
500$ limit.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-128-bit-Graphics-02G-P4-3744-KR/dp/B00KO3GJVC/
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480/Overclocking-Current-Testing
pcpartpicker.com/product/YVrG3C/evga-video-card-04gp43748kr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anything that isn't the XFX meme.

The best Nvidia model you can find for under $500

it's not rocket surgery

fp, bp

/thread

This. 1070 for okay, 1080 for good, wait for 1080 Ti if you want to splurge on a monster. 1060 if you're brokeass.

gtx 740

amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-128-bit-Graphics-02G-P4-3744-KR/dp/B00KO3GJVC/

get two of those and crossfire them, will do 120fps in battelborn at 4k

AMD won't have anything in the $500 range for a few months, so the 1070 is really your only option.

rx480

Buy the one in your pic and spend the rest on m&m's

>1070
>1080

cool, now where can I buy one?

And when they do it won't be competitive anyway, if the 480 is anything to go by.

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/

Check pcpartpicker in the future, they have all the prices listed by the major component stores and also product info.

You'll also want to make sure that you've got enough wattage to drive a beefy GPU and also sufficient cooling because these high-end cards are basically contained housefires

Is there something wrong with the current XFX cards that I don't know about?

get sapphire or powercolor

RX 480 and a phone

dont forget he can also crossfire, if he wants to waste all his money for the gpu

>in stock at BHPV for $450 USD
Wait a minute this is reasonable, the shipping is free, and they have no tax in my cucked state. I thought the big meme was that they were unobtainable, have I really fallen for AMD shilling?

this.

but get the 4gb version. will max out all games if you crossfire them.

>only the founders edition will be 450, the oems will release starting at 380.
Can nvidia lie any harder?

may want to hold off on the 480. there are claims of power spikes over it's max watt spec.

Reminder that mods on this board are trash.

We could have avoided most of these threads.

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480/Overclocking-Current-Testing

Don't bother getting any NVidia cards until you can get one that isn't FE taxed.

GTX 1080.or GTX 1070. If you really want to save money, the RX480 is a fine choice, but if you are ok spending the dough then go large I say.

OP, what resolution and fps are you aiming to play at? If you're going for 1080p most cards in the $500 range are going to be overkill unless you're doing supersampling or VSR.

There are already cards for as low as $400 on Newegg (they're just sold out). It hasn't even been a month since the card launched, other OEMs are still coming out with their cards.

I just bought one yesterday dude. A non founder's edition for only $450 (suggested MSRP). I didn't have any trouble. Just keep your eyes out for new releases and restocks. I hit it at the right time. My card is at newegg's warehouse right now getting ready to ship tomorrow morning (I talked to FemPajeet on the phone about it)

if a gtx 950 supports four displays, that will still work if you use displayport to dvi active adapters, right? i'm just looking to find a card that will support four displays simultaneously, not interested in surround gaming or anything.

what PSU do I need to support the 1070?

I fell for the FE meme because I was impatient. It's not the worst idea *for the 1070* because the aftermarket cards are about the same price and the performance difference is very minimal (like 5% tops). But if you've waited this long, you might as well wait another week or two until non-FE cards are in stock. EVGA said the supply issues will clear up in July. The 1070 uses more readily available GDDR5 instead of the GDDR5X that is bottlenecking production of the 1080.

And Nvidia themselves have fucking awesome customer support. My 1070 was actually defective (only one display port worked), they paid for shipping for the RMA and overnighted it back to me. So I got it, returned it, and got it back before most people were even able to find it in stock! I don't know how other companies are with RMAs on GPUs, but Nvidia dealt with their mistake pretty well.

500w should be good.

pcpartpicker.com/product/YVrG3C/evga-video-card-04gp43748kr
says crossfire not supported

>unironically buying powercolor

Get a GTX 970.

Pic related, it's the 970ti.

>What is supply and demand

from >Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>m&m's
>not pop tarts
Sup Forums...has changed...

Google's shopping algorithm was right.