I'm looking in to getting a new phone and I was wondering what Sup Forums recommends for phones currently in the market...

I'm looking in to getting a new phone and I was wondering what Sup Forums recommends for phones currently in the market. I have the Oneplus One now and was maybe thinking about getting the Oneplus 3.

I was also looking at the Moto X Pure Edition. I remember being skeptical about the Moto X a while ago but I heard that the Pure Edition is good, does anybody have this phone?

I'm pretty much sold on the OnePlus 3, I think I'm going to place my order this weekend after I get my paycheck. Could anyone rec a good service provider? Which one is the least evil? I've never had to deal with them before really...

I have T-Mobile and it's pretty good. Free streaming data usage for music so I can listen to my music anywhere without worry as long as I'm getting signal. Good stuff for unlimited data as well

I have a OnePlus 3 on T-Mobile. It's great.

I had it and absolutely loved it; the specs are phenomenal for the price, but heed my warning.

This phone is basically impossible to repair yourself without fucking it up. Motorola also went in dry with their "out of warranty" repair program. Their reps straight up lied to me on two separate occasions regarding the repairability of this handset if the bootloader was unlocked. My idea was "hey, the bootloader is unlocked, which voids the warranty of course, but who cares if I smash my screen, I can just pay them a few dollarydoos for this OUT OF WARRANTY repair, and it'll all be good, right?"

Wrong.

Motorola apparently treats bootloader unlocked devices the same as water damaged phones, even if the damage has NOTHING TO DO with software, and can't be assed to inform their representatives of this. As such, they will flat out refuse to perform a repair, an OUT OF WARRANTY REPAIR, one you are GIVING THEM MONEY TO DO. When I found out they weren't going to fix my shit, naturally I was fucking pissed. I went up a few levels on call and they still refused to rectify the situation.

So yeah, it's partially my fault for having such a pretty, expensive paperweight, but jesus christ. I was told TWICE my shit would be covered when in fact it wasn't. Be careful with this company, as they might fuck you if you ask for support. But yeah, it's a nice phone.

If you're looking for prepaid, Cricket is pretty solid. They're an AT&T MVNO so they get pretty good coverage and their speeds are alright, but the icing on the cake is their lowest tier service arrangement is only $35/mo for unlimited T&T+2.5GB if you let them automatically take the money off your card every month. They're super easy to game too so if you don't have enough money right before your shit is due you can just disable the auto pay and get away with having service suspended a few days. A friend of mine used to fuck them for free unlimited data too but I never really asked her how she did it.

Verizon has treated me well, but the lack of unlimited data, and updates for Android phones is painful

oneplus one was the only good phone made by oneplus and that trend seems to be continuing, don't go for the 3

tmobile if you're in america and a good area. get the 30 dollar prepaid plan with 100 minutes and unlimited text and lte data up to 5gb. shits dope.

I wanted one but discovered it doesn't have all the radios I need for my carrier. Suggest you research that before pulling the trigger on one.

where you at and what carrier you on?

T-Mobile and in the Midwest. Lot of refarmed shit out here.

what's different about tmobiles bands in the midwest than on the east coast? i have tmobile also and the oneplus 3 is even better than the one in terms of reception.

I just bought a samurai miyabi by freetel from japan, i could have bought one on ebay for 280 in the us but on amazon.co.jp for 14200 yen (138 usd) and only about 14 for shipping. Best phone i've ever owned. aside from it having problems charging from an outlet though i think its a software issue.

> Cheaper to buy phone overseas then buy in the us.

test

4th gen Motos are on US pre-order now. Pro: value for money. Con: the company literally has zero fucks to give about its consumers. For all I know they're going to ship the devices with Gingerbread out of sheer contempt.

As an ISP though, Verizon is pretty damn evil user...

this

speaking of which i was getting pretty excited 7 years ago or so when they were mass advertising fiber network in our area. and to this day. ITS STILL NOT HERE.

>t. chang peng

Does anybody know anything about who will carry the Cat s60?

I hope that the firefox phones come back some day, I never got to see one but they seemed very interesting...

I have one and haven't gotten a security update since February. I'm worried that Lenovo abandoned the device. At the very least don't expect updates quickly like the old Motorola.

You couldn't hook it up to OTG or something and flash stock? I'm sure there's a guide out there to do it.
I don't know shit about Custom ROMs, but I know you can do a lot of stuff right from ADB to control what needs to be done

I'd stay far away from Motorla/Lenovo
Especially their new device. Looks catastrophic.

I will get one now that they fixed the fucked up colours

I have the Pure, but now use the OP3. The Pure has not received a software update since February 1st; that includes security patches that were scheduled once a month. The software that was shipped slowed the phone at the same time bogging it down with bugs. Likewise, hardware that was shipped at launch was a compromise. A worthwhile compromise when considering it was only $399 with a microSD slot.

The OP3 is head and shoulders faster than the Pure. The screen looks better purely because the colors are saturated: blacks are truly black. I know that the Pure is considered to be well calibrated while the OP3 isn't. Captiously analyzing the screen is a trivial endeavor. Oxygen OS is refreshing. It has the ability to customize enough to satiate my ricing needs while maintaining the most pure OP3 experience(bug free). Compared to Moto's version of stock Android Oxygen OS is paradisiacal. I could drone on about the pros of OP3; the only question that matters: would I buy it again? Yes.

Is the one plus 3 no good? I have a OPO but the battery life is starting to suck and its getting time soon. It's been an awesome phone all this time.

Samsung S7 international edition. Only if you are willing to drop $600 for a phone. But totally worth it. Otherwise, OnePlus or an iPhone.

Stay away from the Nexus line. The hardware always has that one small flaw that becomes huge a year or so down the road.