>mfw finding out that there are people in the year 2016 that still use IRC

holy shit how fucking sad do you have to be

Other urls found in this thread:

quassel-irc.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i just use it to get my anime.
other than that i hate it. a lot of people are fucked in the head on IRC

>not being so autistic that you have your own ZNC server for IRC
The fuck am I supposed to use that's not shit?

snapchat obviously

what irc chan do u use to get dem animes boi? please reply, im asking... for .. a ... friend... :3

that's the exact opposite of what i wanted

are you asking to be my friend or are you really just using me to get the anime???

well i can tell you my life is pretty sad but IRC is handy for programming questions

usually more helpful and knowledgeable than Sup Forums

Delet this. You probably got rid of a perfectly good 480 thread

IRC thread? IRC thread.

Anyone hang out in #lainchan on freenode?

HIJACKING THIS THREAD
What's your preferred IRC client?
Irssi for Linux
AndChat for Android
Have not decided on one for Wangblows, but I've been using KVIrc for the moment. It's... different.

On the wangblows I'm forced to use at work I use puTTy to ssh into my box and use irssi.

what do you people talk about in lainchan

the transgender owner that buys apple products with the donations.

#8church on rizon is nice.
T.mib

what

That's actually an interesting idea. I'll keep trying KVIrc for now, but ssh with Android might be a neat idea because there really aren't any good IRC apps for it.

What's the point? There are no good channels anyways.

I like weechat and hexchat.

that's a pretty broad statement
an incorrect one, too

is it broad or is it incorrect?
did he trigger the autism?

>HELLO Sup Forums i am a normal fag who uses irc once to look edgy,and nerdy

>using weechat makes you a normalfag

hello summer.

I thought he went broke and started selling his anus for money?

it's both

Boogiepop why did you leave I love your Nick btw

>tfw chatting with all my hacker friends/brothers in arms on IRC about our next hacking missions right now

We're a very infamous group of hackers so I probably shouldn't say our group's name.

Anyway I'm going to be taking requests for what great evil we should take down next so tell me what we should do.

I'm only going to be online until 9:00 pm central time because that's my bed time so you need to do it fast.

Can I join???????????

Sup Forums

Only if you are a hella totes good coder who's at least in 8th grade.

I think we'll let Sup Forums slide.

There needs to be necessary evils in the world just like myself.

you mean shit like lainchan and your other retarded circlejerks are worth looking at?

i've never heard of lainchain before this thread, fag :^)

your typical IRC shit is the wannabe "internet oldfag" who thinks that he's been getting points or cred from idling for a decade or two and thinking he's been "fitting in" by sitting there saying nothing. there isn't any traffic on IRC that isn't either kickwar drama or proud circlejerklets almost referring to their dependency on the channel like a marriage talking on how many years they've wasted staring at it trying to say anything and then just not. IRC is basically like a real time version of reddit in which nothing is actually said and everyone is in their 3-6 man little circlejerks. Absolute favorite is turbo freetards who defend IRC as being the last bastion of "free speech"... what speech is said over IRC?

Hack the Lincoln Memorial. Upload a statue of your waifu.

How long did it take you to make that strawman?

Xchat, but if i had to choose again it would be irssi
Just got too used to xchat to give it up.

>strawman

A lot of projects that aren't managed by hipsters still communicate through IRC.

I use IRC daily and I'm in many project related channels, some are really big (more than 1000 users) and some are rather small (around 30 people) and all of them have constant activity.

Now if what you're looking for is just to "chat", then yeah, you're only going to find circlejerks.

>tfw get free books from irc

It's one of the safest, cheapest, and fastest ways to pirate.

Without it, you could either enjoy being a torrent cuck paying for a seedbox or dealing with private tracker bullshit or be a even bigger cuck and use shitty file hosting sites

I'm a thirtysomething oldfag who has been online since BBS and I can count on two hands the number of times I've used IRC. I have always preferred forums but Google is intent on destroying those for whatever reason, so I understand why people are gravitating back to IRC. I don't like impermanent resources like chat or Sup Forums but when you've got Google/Facebook/Reddit censoring and degrading all other sources, then whaddya gonna do.

People use IRC to chat? I just use it for file leeching.

What programming language is best for a marble waifu?

Should we go with Lisp or html5?

>impermanent
Every competent IRC client has an option to log.

>Without it, you could either enjoy being a torrent cuck paying for a seedbox or dealing with private tracker bullshit
Why not both? I use autodl-irssi and plex on BTN/HDB/AHD and get everything I want as soon as it's available in autism tier quality. It's fucking GLORIOUS.

>55348406
>Paying to pirate
>Wasting time and space on huge bloated placebo effect files
wew lad

Ignorance is bliss.

Th..this question gave me ... feels

anyone know of free shells that support psybnc or other bouncers? should i just get some free vps/aws systems and load bouncer software?

delet dis nao

>should i just get some free vps/aws systems and load bouncer software
Yes, setting up ZNC is incredibly easy, and no support is faster than your own.

What is a good modern IRC client?

>Project has a mailing list and IRC rooms
>Not an imageboard / textboard
In to the trash it goes

HexChat
KVIrc
mIRC

is mirc still the defacto windows client of choice?

Quassel is the DEFINITIVE cross-platform open source IRC client.

quassel-irc.org/

I don't know about you, OP, but I miss the days when you could log on to a 50 person IRC and just meet random people with interesting backgrounds, and have fun late into the night.

You can still do that.

Making fun of abcommunication platform on Sup Forums.
K dad.